Mailed Medallion?

Sherbertscamper

4 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

When we ordered ours, there was no charge to have it mailed and we have the Princess Standard fare.  The total charges line said "$0.00".  I've also checked my credit card charges, and nothing from PCL for the mailing.

We had the same $0.00 shipping charge on our order today for an April cruise with the Standard fare.  The Medallion App says that there is only a shipping charge if you order a custom Medallion or accessory.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mike&elena said:

We had the same $0.00 shipping charge on our order today for an April cruise with the Standard fare.  The Medallion App says that there is only a shipping charge if you order a custom Medallion or accessory.

That was my understanding as well.  I took the cheap route!  😅

Ah the experience of technology and Princess.

Last December I up dated the Princess AP on the Cell phone for the 29 Jan 2023 cruise and ordered my Medallion.  Sounds simple right?

Then the Wife ordered her Medallion 1st of Jan 2023.

The Wife received notification that her Medallion has shipped and she would receive it 18 Jan.

So, I check the order status on the AP for my Medallion.  It reported not shipped.

So I do the reasonable thing and Call the Medallion phone number.

Representative started out with canned speech about how Medallions ship 20 to 10 days before cruise.

I pointed out that I am within the 20 day mark and my Medallion has not shipped. Rep comes back with no problem, Medallion will ship.

Next problem.  When I go back to check order status the AP states sign in.  So attempted to do that.

Message comes up attempt not valid try again.  So do so.  Same failure

The AP was dropping the M on .com so program would not recognize my user ID.

Try the alternate method and get in and check order status.  My Medallion still showed as not shipped.

Then on the 17th two packages arrive in mail box.  Both Medallions.  So, just for fun I check the AP order status one more time.  Still shows that my Medallion has not shipped.

With this kind of luck, I sure hope while on ship my on board charges will not be logged into my account. 😁

Bob

• Like 1

Will the app notify me that our medallions have shipped or will I receive an e-mail?  This is our first PCL cruise since the restart and the first on a medallion cruise.  So far, NOT impressed with the app - so NOT user friendly.  I managed to get the Green Lane status, so I feel like I accomplished something.  

14 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

Will the app notify me that our medallions have shipped or will I receive an e-mail?  This is our first PCL cruise since the restart and the first on a medallion cruise.  So far, NOT impressed with the app - so NOT user friendly.  I managed to get the Green Lane status, so I feel like I accomplished something.  

*Most* people report that they get an email...but don't count on it.  This appears to be in flux now that they are changing the rules and *say* that they are going to start charging to mail.  I've yet to hear about anybody here on CC that has actually been charged...but you can bet that if Princess says they are going to charge...they will!

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

Yes and No on notification.  My Wife received notification by E-Mail.  No E-Mail for me.  In fact in case you did not read my post.  My App still shows not shipped even after I received the Medallion.

So good luck on your notification.

Bob

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 4x4bob said:

Yes and No on notification.  My Wife received notification by E-Mail.  No E-Mail for me.  In fact in case you did not read my post.  My App still shows not shipped even after I received the Medallion.

So good luck on your notification.

Bob

The Princess Consistent Inconsistency Department strikes again...!  They are earning every penny of their salary.

On 1/17/2023 at 3:54 PM, mike&elena said:

You were able to order your medallions already for your April cruise? 

2 hours ago, cruisegal40 said:

You were able to order your medallions already for your April cruise? 

We have already ordered our medallions for a June, 2024 cruise.  We will have to see if they are mailed without paying for shipping.  If Princess wants $10 each for shipping, we will pick up at the port.  No biggie

• Like 2

20 hours ago, MustangGT said:

We have already ordered our medallions for a June, 2024 cruise.  We will have to see if they are mailed without paying for shipping.  If Princess wants $10 each for shipping, we will pick up at the port.  No biggie

Thank you for this. I am going to look into ordering ours... after I get my husbands account straighten out. They have him as Ruby and me as Platinum.  We should both the Platinum  

1 hour ago, cruisegal40 said:

Thank you for this. I am going to look into ordering ours... after I get my husbands account straighten out. They have him as Ruby and me as Platinum.  We should both the Platinum  

Good luck!  I’ve heard people have been having that same problem with loyalty levels.  Frustrating!!

Last year they sent Blue medallions when we were Elite.  A quick stop at Passenger Service desk, and we had the right ones.