Nieuw Statendam and Rotterdam in Port Everglades on January 14, 2023

leerathje

There’s two BHB’s in port on Saturday to watch! The ms Nieuw Statendam will be at pier 26 from 5:30 am to 5:00 pm, and she is leaving on a 7 day Tropical Caribbean.  The ms Rotterdam will be at pier 19 from 5:45 am to 5:00 pm as well, and she is leaving on an 11 day Southern Caribbean Wayfarer

image.jpeg.63d96388006ec3e463f68f4df19d3fd8.jpeg

image.jpeg.79d87d4f627c9e5b80b8b13210506fae.jpeg

Also in port is Sky Princess at pier 2 (4:45 am – 5:00 pm) Odyssey of the Seas at pier 18 (5:15 am to 5:00 pm), and Celebrity Apex at pier 25 (6:00 am-3:30 pm).  That’s 4 ships all leaving at 5 on the 14th!

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/.

Next up:  Nieuw Amsterdam and Eurodam on Sunday, January 15.

• Thanks 4

It looks like we’re in a race to the finish with our sister, the Nieuw Statendam.

5BA3F11E-9DDC-4E0A-8E72-D9D3D995FB54.thumb.jpeg.27fd64ab3bef04abebc90a8f109440bf.jpeg

We’ll be waving like crazy again tomorrow at sail away from our balcony on Deck 4 with a large Canadian flag. See you tomorrow!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

It looks like we’re in a race to the finish with our sister, the Nieuw Statendam.

5BA3F11E-9DDC-4E0A-8E72-D9D3D995FB54.thumb.jpeg.27fd64ab3bef04abebc90a8f109440bf.jpeg

We’ll be waving like crazy again tomorrow at sail away from our balcony on Deck 4 with a large Canadian flag. See you tomorrow!

We will be waving back. Of course, via the webcam... 🙂 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iflyrc5 said:

We are boarding the Rotterdam Saturday and our schedule shows us departing at 3pm and not 5pm but I know in November the NA never left at our scheduled 3pm time.

If anyone ever wonders where I get these arrival and departure times, they all come from the Port Everglades ship schedule page.  https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/

And yes, PE changes the times often!  If you look at the PE page tomorrow afternoon at around noon, the departure times will be different then as well.  Between other ships departing and arriving, cruise ship behemoths that take FOREVER to leave, bridge openings and closings....well, it must be like juggling 15 balls at the same time for the harbour authority!  It's not a job that I would want.

L.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, leerathje said:

If anyone ever wonders where I get these arrival and departure times, they all come from the Port Everglades ship schedule page.  https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/

And yes, PE changes the times often!  If you look at the PE page tomorrow afternoon at around noon, the departure times will be different then as well.  Between other ships departing and arriving, cruise ship behemoths that take FOREVER to leave, bridge openings and closings....well, it must be like juggling 15 balls at the same time for the harbour authority!  It's not a job that I would want.

L.

I didn't check the port schedule for times - only the pier location.  I guess we will see what really happens Saturday afternoon.   I will guess about 1600 but the strong winds in the forecast could make for a delay.

2 hours ago, iflyrc5 said:

I didn't check the port schedule for times - only the pier location.  I guess we will see what really happens Saturday afternoon.   I will guess about 1600 but the strong winds in the forecast could make for a delay.

Especially if everyone need tugs assist. That could slow it down more.

14 hours ago, iflyrc5 said:

We are boarding the Rotterdam Saturday and our schedule shows us departing at 3pm and not 5pm but I know in November the NA never left at our scheduled 3pm time.

The last time, the Rotterdam left only 15 minutes late, at 3:15pm

I don't think Port Everglades puts much thought into the listings until the last minute.  A couple of days ahead of time the arrival (that's actually pilot boarding time) is nailed down but the rest of the schedule is likely to be far off.

I think most of the planned HAL departures this year have a planned departure in the 3-4 PM time frame but they are seldom listed that way in advance.  There is no alternative but to take the port authority at it's word but always with a grain of salt.

Roy