Celebrity.com says I have Onboard Credit for my scheduled cruise: where is breakdown?

PaperSniper4

We have a cruise scheduled November 2023. Celebrity.com after logging in my account  shows I have $x00 OBC at the top of the screen. That is more than I expected. Anybody know where I can see just what that OBC is, and what portion, if any, if refundable? With Princess for instance, just about all OBC is not refundable except for my military benefit.

Thanks.

Doug

1 hour ago, PaperSniper4 said:

We have a cruise scheduled November 2023. Celebrity.com after logging in my account  shows I have $x00 OBC at the top of the screen. That is more than I expected. Anybody know where I can see just what that OBC is, and what portion, if any, if refundable? With Princess for instance, just about all OBC is not refundable except for my military benefit.

Thanks.

Doug

OBC from Celebrity is non-refundable if you do not use all of it.  But it might be refundable if it comes from a travel agent.  Your Celebrity OBC should be listed in your guest reservation copy or call them and get a copy emailed to you.  It is sometimes on your Celebrity account online, sometimes not.

Edited by TeeRick

16 minutes ago, Big_G said:

It should be listed on your invoice if you booked direct. 

This is exactly where ours is located as well. Middle of Page 1 under "Notes" Our invoice breaks down our Celebrity OBC and our TA's OBC as well. It also shows a cryptic message saying "Please note that $50 US will appear on your on board account as of the 2nd day of sailing"

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Normally any OBC from a TA does not show in the Cruise Planner prior to the sailing.

Thank you for that!  I booked with a TA and on the invoice from them it states an amount of money for OBC.  I just looked at my Cruise Planner online and there is an amount showing for OBC. Are you saying that the OBC on my Cruise Planner is from Celebrity, not the TA? So, then I can expect more OBC from the TA once we sail? Sounds too good to be true! Maybe it's my lucky day!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, pisces223 said:

Thank you for that!  I booked with a TA and on the invoice from them it states an amount of money for OBC.  I just looked at my Cruise Planner online and there is an amount showing for OBC. Are you saying that the OBC on my Cruise Planner is from Celebrity, not the TA? So, then I can expect more OBC from the TA once we sail? Sounds too good to be true! Maybe it's my lucky day!

Yes, that’s correct. Enjoy!

6 hours ago, pisces223 said:

Is it the same amount as what your TA said they were giving you?

OBC from Celebrity is non refundable and normally shows in the Cruise Planner so you can use it before boarding.

TA OBC is frequently refundable and rarely shows in the Cruise Planner until after you are on board as the TAs don’t transfer the $ until just before sailing.

Sometimes there is OBC that is a joint marketing effort between the TA and Celebrity, this OBC, in our experience has been non refundable. 

I would suggest you call the TA and ask about the OBC.

4th

There could have been a promotion, your TA could have booked you into a group rate with OBC or a dozen other things. Thus you do not know.  Anything showing now is likely to be not refundable 

I would not spend any energy before boarding trying to figure it out beyond possibly asking my TA.  

To my knowledge - the only way to see the breakdown of the amount of OBC that you have is via your original confirmation or ask celebrity or Agent to break it down for you.   You can however see what you have used under Order History.

I should caution that earlier this year celebrity had a glitch and applied extra OBC by mistake and then later took it away irritated some who had booked things with it and then got a bill and had to go in and cancel the erroneous credits.

11 hours ago, jelayne said:

Is it the same amount as what your TA said they were giving you?

OBC from Celebrity is non refundable and normally shows in the Cruise Planner so you can use it before boarding.

TA OBC is frequently refundable and rarely shows in the Cruise Planner until after you are on board as the TAs don’t transfer the $ until just before sailing.

Sometimes there is OBC that is a joint marketing effort between the TA and Celebrity, this OBC, in our experience has been non refundable. 

I would suggest you call the TA and ask about the OBC.

Thank you Jelayne. All your "usually" things above have been what I've experienced over the years. However, on our last two cruises I booked, both this year, when I asked about the TA breakdown (Refundable/NonRefundable) I was told by our TA (two different guys) that the Celebrity OBC was $x50 and the OBC from his agency was $x00; What shows on Celebrity.com is higher by $150. He added NEITHER was refundable. For our other Princess cruise this year it was the same. In years past as you mentioned the OBC from the TA was generally refundable. I often use all the OBC, so didn't have a refund. There have been several times however, when I did get a refund on our refundable OBC Celebrity cruise. The Celeb cruise we had in March 2023 had a refundable portion which I did get as a refund.

What is odd is that my TA indicated two OBCs on our Celebrity booking (he said both NON refundable) of $x00. However, at Celebrity.com the header on my login page shows we have an OBC of $200 more. Anyone know how to see exactly what that OBC is? On Princess.com I figured it out, but I cannot find that page on Celebrity.com.

I am retired military, but I have no RCCL stock.

Doug

Edited by PaperSniper4

To my knowledge you can’t see a breakdown of OBC on-line.  The place where any OBC from Celebrity shows is on the Booking Confirmation -Guest Copy one gets when booking direct with Celebrity.  Some TA will provide this to their customers others will not and use their own invoice.   Since your booking is with a TA I’m pretty sure X will not supply you that info.    It seems the OBC from you TA was joint marketing OBC since it is non refundable. 

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

To my knowledge you can’t see a breakdown of OBC on-line.  The place where any OBC from Celebrity shows is on the Booking Confirmation -Guest Copy one gets when booking direct with Celebrity.  Some TA will provide this to their customers others will not and use their own invoice.   Since your booking is with a TA I’m pretty sure X will not supply you that info.    It seems the OBC from you TA was joint marketing OBC since it is non refundable. 

Hey, I'm just glad the OBC that shows at Celebrity.com is higher than my TA's invoice!😁

Doug