Latitudes account for children

baytracie

Hi,

Does anyone have the information about Latitudes account for child? My child cruised several times with us since about 15 years ago as a baby. We asked about her sailing history and whether she can get all of her sailings recorded correctly. Every time we were told that all her sailings will be in her account and we can see them once she turns 18. Just recently we were finally able to register her account and sure enough two of earlier sailings were missing. We called Norwegian and were told that standard 12 month missing credit applies to child too. This doesn't make sense at all. We couldn't access account info when they were children and when we can access their account, it's too late to report that missing credit 15+ years ago. Is there any solution for this problem? Thanks in advance!

They usually want some concrete proof that the child has indeed sailed on a cruise. For example a picture of key cards would do. And then you just keep your fingers crossed. 

It is stupid yes I agree and not too much that you can actually do at this point 😔 I am in the same situation as you are within a couple of years. 

Edited by European_CruiseGirl

My niece got credit for all of her sailings BUT did not get double points on a couple where she should have I.e. booked with the “latitudes” code and everyone else in the cabin got double points.  Not having much luck getting credited for those 😞

16 hours ago, zqvol said:

There is no way around the 12 month rule. 

Agents clerks and NCL Reps may not be able to waive the rules - even their supervisor

manager -

"BUT"

Come at this from the TOP down - Corporate names links:

Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) - Elliott Report

Give it a shot - nothing ventured nothing gained - - -

Good companies (cruise lines) don't let guests/customers die on the vine -

Enough BAD PR and can be damaging to the health of the business !

OP,  you have not entered the Twilight Zone, rather Latitudes He...

99% you are toast.

Our kids had all history and you used to be able create account for them around age 15 IIRC.  All was actually correct.  They made a change around 2017 that kids kept history but did not get status until turned 18.  They had a clause in there that if kid had already hit status that level would be their status at 18.  

Well, our DD turned 18 before our 2018 Escape trip and Lats Dept. would not honor their own terms yet reply to me.  Did online form, sent email, only got auto reply yet no reply.  Finally sent a letter to Miami.  Received reply that my request sent to guess what, the Lats Dept.  I think you can figure out from there that they never contacted me.

After Escape trip they finally gave her Platinum but first able to enjoy on Prima.

With the recent cutbacks under Sail and Sustain, I don't think they want to hurt carbon footprint with wasting unnecessary bytes and electric to respond to you.  Oh yes, plus the 12 month rule.

There are two angles at which you can approach this with Latitudes.

#1 - If a guest can't have an account until they are 18, then they can't enforce a 12-month rule until the account is created at 18. Without an account, you can't verify that the history is correct...thus, they can't have a 12-month verification rule until an account can exist.

#2 - Show them YOUR account information, along with a copy of the booking. If the cruise shows in YOUR account, then you have ensured that Latitudes is aware of it and it is on THEM to ensure that all guests on the reservation are credited...not just one. If you have ensured it shows on your account, then they should have applied it to all accounts on the reservation. There is no rule that allows them to be selective. In this case, the 12-month rule should not apply since the cruise DOES appear on YOUR account...correctly including all guests on the reservation is on THEM, not on you.

The last time I sailed Norwegian, my now adult kids were 5 and 3. We’re leaving for our first NCL cruise since then next week and their latitudes status is currently listed as “Past Guest” instead of a specific level. According to both our TA and a rep at NCL, our children will have their past cruise history start showing up in their profile AFTER we complete our upcoming cruise since it will be their first NCL cruise since turning 18.

Since I’ve heard that from multiple people I hope it’s accurate but I’ll let you know what happens after we get back. 

My kids first cruise when they were younger showed up but they did not get double points on our Alaskan cruise last year like my husband and I did.  This cruise that is planned for June shows double points for them but does not have the code LATREW.  I was told not to worry about it because they have NCL account numbers.  I am not too worried about it because unless we get really wowed on this cruise coming up, we won't be sailing with NCL too often, so I don't really care about a status with them

Thanks everyone for replying! Looks like people are generally not hopeful that missing credit can be adjusted for children just turned 18. While it's officially in their terms and agreement, and I probably accepted some terms carefully crafted by their corporate lawyers, I still found this to be in the neighborhood of an outcry of fraud. If customer can't verify their history for 17+ years, how can they report missing credit?

• Like 1