Port Canaveral- hotel & things to do?

vacationlover_mn

This is our first time departing from port Canaveral.  I’ve done a bit of searching here, but couldn’t find what I was looking for…

We will be flying in, probably around noon, the day before, in Feb 2025.  Any recommendations on a port Canaveral hotel with a pool or beach,  that has restaurants, and things to do/see nearby?  For example, in Fort Lauderdale, we used to like staying at the embassy suites (before it went downhill), because there was lots of food options nearby, and we loved the walk to the lift bridge, and watching the ships depart 🙂. Preferred cost is under $500.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are actually a bunch of restaurants close to the Best Western besides the pier, including Cocoa Beach Fish Camp, Ale House, Graham's Beach Grill, Papa Vito's, Coaster's, Salsa's (last 2 are on the other side of A1A) and several more under a half mile from the BW. It's been years since we stayed there since we now live in the area so I don't know what condition it's in now, but it's an easy walk to the beach.

Near the Four Points, we like Sandbar, La Catrina, Long Doggers, Island Time and Nolan's but there are a few fast food places in that area as well. All the ones I names except Sandbar are across A1A so make sure you use a crosswalk if you're on foot.

If you plan to spend a lot of time at the beach, you probably want to stay in Cocoa Beach. If you have a car and just want a pool, I've been seeing good reviews of the newer hotels in Cape Canaveral - Hampton Inn, Home2 Suites, Homewood Suites but they're all farther from the beach and not many restaurants as close. Lots of restaurants are a quick drive though including all the ones listed above and several at the port - our favorites there are Grills and Rising Tide but there's also Gator's, Rusty's, Seafood Atlantic and Fishlips - all are on the water (except Rising Tide) and have a great view of the cruise ships docked in port. It's an active port with fishing and recreational boats coming and going and we often see dolphins there.

• Thanks 3

Our extended family stayed at Home2Suites last April (loved this hotel) and had food delivered. The hotel has menu's from local places and lot's of people staying there were doing the same.

They have a great pool area too.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2023 at 8:20 AM, vacationlover_mn said:

This is our first time departing from port Canaveral.  I’ve done a bit of searching here, but couldn’t find what I was looking for…

We will be flying in, probably around noon, the day before, in Feb 2025.  Any recommendations on a port Canaveral hotel with a pool or beach,  that has restaurants, and things to do/see nearby?  For example, in Fort Lauderdale, we used to like staying at the embassy suites (before it went downhill), because there was lots of food options nearby, and we loved the walk to the lift bridge, and watching the ships depart 🙂. Preferred cost is under $500.

Best western was decent. A great thing to do is rent a bicycle and helmet near surf shop and ride up to pier for lunch. If beach is right you can ride on beach. Sand has to be firm so not always available. Bike was like $10.00 each with padlock too! Wear a helmet.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hello! Can anyone tell me how the walk would be from the Hampton Cape Canveral to the cruise port? The distance seems perfectly doable, but if busy highway with no sidewalks could make for a frogger situation. Thank you!

If you are traveling on the Mardi Gras.  I would highly recommend the Holiday Inn Vacation hotel.

It is directly across the street from the ship.  My wife,8 year old son and I walked from the hotel to the ship including luggage.  It is a very easy walk with NO traffic.

The hotel has a great pool, lazy river even a big slide.  It also has a mini golf course, movie theater, arcade and a walking path to the beach.  I would highly recommend it for the day prior to a cruise.  

Upon arrival back in port we walked off the ship, as soon as we were outside of the port we requested an Uber, walked across the street to the Holiday Inn and by the time we walked across the street the uber was there.  It was amazing, easy and not crowded.  Everyone else was dealing with the crowds for the shuttles, taxis etc and we were already on our way back to MCO.

I am sure the hotel would work for other ships as well but it is walking distance from the Mardi Gras you might need to uber to the other ships.