Bringing soda in cans or bottles

2 minutes ago, 1965 said:

My sisters will be 1st time cruisers. One of them wants to bring her own diet, caffeine free Coke. I'm thinking there is a rule about the type of container allowed. Any info appreciated. 

12 cans per person no bottles

• Like 3

They do say cans only but we took 3 or 4 1 liter bottles each with no question. 

In between cruises my husband came back with his suitcase containing only plastic bottles, so there couldn't be any question that it wasn't noticed. 

I don't think the security is in sync with Princess publishes. 

• Like 2

No bottles. Cans or cartons only.

"Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.  Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding."

https://www.princess.com/legal/passage_contract/pcl.html

• Like 1

16 hours ago, julie3fan said:

Cans are allowed per their rules.  Bottles aren't.

12 hours ago, milogurd said:

"Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.  Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding."

https://www.princess.com/legal/passage_contract/pcl.html

Only a Princess request, security doesn't look twice. 

At least in Florida. 😉

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/15/2023 at 6:27 PM, milogurd said:

"Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles

How else is water packaged if  not in bottles? Or do they mean  glass bottles?  I have seen water in  cardboard  boxes but  that seems  rare, so can I  bring plastic bottles of water onboard?

On 1/16/2023 at 7:16 PM, UpcountryTravelers said:

We just completed a 14 day cruise Christmas and New Year.  Took two "bricks" of cans: one Pepsi Max, one Coke zero cherry (neither available on ship).  Taped them together, taped on a luggage tag, and they were delivered to our stateroom as usual.  Easy.

Thank you for that info!    That's what I used to do, but haven't cruise since Feb of 2020 and didn't know if that would still work!    I would hate to have carry on a 12 pack of soda.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, erienetuser said:

How else is water packaged if  not in bottles? Or do they mean  glass bottles?  I have seen water in  cardboard  boxes but  that seems  rare, so can I  bring plastic bottles of water onboard?

You can't bring bottled water aboard.  Princess offers a package, pre-cruise only, of 12 bottles (½ liter?) for just over $7.  And of course you can always bring an empty refillable bottle and fill yourself.

47 minutes ago, erienetuser said:

The cruise lines are eliminating plastic from their ships including plastic straws. You can bring water in cans and cardboard box type containers. I haven’t been able to find it in my area so far only online and it’s more expensive than ordering water through the ship. BUT when ordering through the ship I’ve received plastic bottles which makes zero sense to me. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, erienetuser said:

Oh! I didn't know that,  thanks. But it looks like  I can bring cans of soda as long as they're in my carry on luggage?

YMMV, but I've always put a 12 pack in the bottom of each suitcase and checked them with the porters.  It's never looked like my bags have been opened, let alone been called to the naughty room to collect them.

• Like 2

The main reason, like christraveller pointed out, is simply because people want to refill the plastic bottles with alcohol and not so much to not bring on plastic bottles. They deal with thousands of them everyday.

That said, we bring club soda in plastic bottles to take to the beach all the time and never had any problem going through security.