Bionic Bar on Allure of the Seas?

swdke

Doesn't look like it, at least not according to this:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/allure-of-the-seas/things-to-do

And there's this:

Most comparisons of Allure of the Seas to other ships in the Oasis Class revolve around the fact that the ship is “missing” several activities, bars, and dining venues found on other ships. These include:

• The Ultimate Abyss, Royal Caribbean’s dry slide which plummets guests 100 feet from the Sports Court down to the Boardwalk neighborhood
  • Waterslides
  • Bionic Bar, the futuristic bar serving cocktails made by robotic bartenders
  • Escape Room
  • Laser Tag
  • Wonderland, an eclectic specialty restaurant
  • Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade

The following is my experience and opinion.  It's not intended to dissuade anyone for trying it:

BTW, I've been on several ships that have the Bionic bar.  It's a great experience for about 5 minutes.  I've never got a drink from one.  Just watched it at work, those that did work at the time I was there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, twangster said:

No.  It was supposed to be added in the amplification that was cancelled at the beginning of the shutdown.  As a result no Bionic Bar at this point.  

Yep.  The good news is that it still has Sabor instead of Playmakers.  That's a big plus for me/us.

4 minutes ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Stupidest idea ever.  Only the little kids enjoy mixing up different coke connections and then leaving them on the platform.  I really feel sorry for the poor person permanently assigned to clean up the slop from the robots.    

i agree! It’s always broken and RCI paid millions for it - total waste of money and space, IMHO.

• Like 2

As others have said it’s not on Allure - yet. Hopefully after being amped

🍸🍹To those thinking it not worthy:

I guess you haven’t tried a custom drink at the Bionic Bar 😉. It’s not our only bar, but not all bartenders can or will pour generously even with a great tip. I’ve been there when they can and sadly when they are not allowed (monitored by a supervisor).
And before you comment about the human aspect of a bionic bar, there is an attendant who keeps it stocked and serviced so we always tip the attendant. 🍸🍹😉 Cheers!Cinzano!Aviva!

7 hours ago, Neeny12 said:

As others have said it’s not on Allure - yet. Hopefully after being amped

🍸🍹To those thinking it not worthy:

I guess you haven’t tried a custom drink at the Bionic Bar 😉. It’s not our only bar, but not all bartenders can or will pour generously even with a great tip. I’ve been there when they can and sadly when they are not allowed (monitored by a supervisor).
And before you comment about the human aspect of a bionic bar, there is an attendant who keeps it stocked and serviced so we always tip the attendant. 🍸🍹😉 Cheers!Cinzano!Aviva!

And the robots will NEVER pour generously!

On a typical Oasis class cruise just over 50% of the guest count have never sailed with Royal.  That's 3,000 guests who have never seen it.  Those are guests that are lining up at the Bionic Bar.  In December on Oasis it was busy most nights.  

image.thumb.jpeg.0b50dabf9ccdcc2e3bccbd36394444e1.jpeg

I'm in agreement it's a gimmick and after trying it once years ago I haven't been back.  

It's not there for me.  

It's there as a gimmick to splash in videos about all the cool things on Royal Caribbean that the competition doesn't have.  It's a marketing tool.  In that role it is successful.  

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Ret MP said:

The following is my experience and opinion.  It's not intended to dissuade anyone for trying it:

BTW, I've been on several ships that have the Bionic bar.  It's a great experience for about 5 minutes.  I've never got a drink from one.  Just watched it at work, those that did work at the time I was there.

Five minutes there is more than enough... Wish it were turned into a proper Martini Bar instead!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

No, and hopefully they don't add it. It's very gimmicky, and you will go once, get a drink, say meh, and then go to a real bar. I wouldn't have as much of an issue with it if they weren't replacing an actual bar/restaurant with real people to add a robot bar with no atmosphere. And the kicker is that they usually remove the champaign bar, which many people love. 

• Like 3

On 1/15/2023 at 6:47 PM, livingonthebeach said:

The Bionic Bar is a total waste of space - it spills drinks and don’t even bother asking for ice once the drink is done. No BB on Allure - good thing.

I have been to the Bionic bar- many time on several ships...it is cool for the first 5 minutes...then it totally wears off.  Personally, I would be glad to see the Champaign Bar stay there...better views and seating and use of space...

It’s actually really good fun if you pay attention.

the reason I say this is if you sit there and people watch - their order comes up in the glass by the side of the machine that’s making their drink 

it tells you how many shots they are having - as well as every step including the shaken and stirred part. It is hard to read and see if not paying attention as it’s in the glass.

A lot of people probably just order the drink but if you watch the screen and the machine carefully it can be quite amusing - especially if people get confused ordering and end up with more shots then they expected.