AMEX offer

nyc12345

1 hour ago, nyc12345 said:

Not sure if anyone posted this already, tried to look through 10 pages and didn't see anything.

Just found a spend $1000 get $350 offer in my card and a spend $500 get $175 offer in my SO's card.

This may be the thread you are looking for:

We booked two Celebrity cruises yesterday.  My husband got $350 back from $1000 on one using his American Express and I got $175 back from $500 charge on the other.  Pretty sweet considering great price we got for both.  Unfortunately, both were replacement trips for our 18 day land trip to Brazil, Argentina, and Peru which Gate 1 Travel canceled for January 26 due to political unrest in Peru.  Looking forward to one week on the Reflection and one week on the Beyond in February.  South America will have to wait.

15 hours ago, nyc12345 said:

Not sure if anyone posted this already, tried to look through 10 pages and didn't see anything.

Just found a spend $1000 get $350 offer in my card and a spend $500 get $175 offer in my SO's card.

Just saying this to be helpful, searching does indeed work well

image.thumb.png.10c9662af31ba7a4553c4c4c55eabd14.png

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, hubofhockey said:

I have the platinum card and didn’t get the offer.  Some say it’s one of those targeted offers, not made to everyone.

If you already haven't add every offer to your card; it will only display 100 offers at a time.  Check daily and the offer may appear

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

If you already haven't add every offer to your card; it will only display 100 offers at a time.  Check daily and the offer may appear

What type of card do you have?  Maybe it's either targeted or not marketed to Platinum. The only cruise offer I see is 5X points for Oceania.  I've been meaning to try them, but 5X points certainly doesn't motivate me to do that.  If I were booking an Oceania cruise, I'd use my Amex, but I'd probably use it anyway.

15 minutes ago, hubofhockey said:

What type of card do you have?  Maybe it's either targeted or not marketed to Platinum. The only cruise offer I see is 5X points for Oceania.  I've been meaning to try them, but 5X points certainly doesn't motivate me to do that.  If I were booking an Oceania cruise, I'd use my Amex, but I'd probably use it anyway.

Platinum

For those of you reading some of the other threads on this board and are looking to spread your wings, there's a new Amex Offer for 5 additional Membership Rewards points per dollar spent on Oceania Cruises (up to 50,000 additional points). Expires March 31.

1 hour ago, RichYak said:

For those of you reading some of the other threads on this board and are looking to spread your wings, there's a new Amex Offer for 5 additional Membership Rewards points per dollar spent on Oceania Cruises (up to 50,000 additional points). Expires March 31.

If you take a $15,000 cruise with Oceania, that's like getting $150 back.  It's not terrible, but also not motivating.  The Celebrity offer seemed much better, but not targeted to everyone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hubofhockey said:

If you take a $15,000 cruise with Oceania, that's like getting $150 back.  It's not terrible, but also not motivating.  The Celebrity offer seemed much better, but not targeted to everyone.

Well, first of all, your math is off by multiple factors or you value Amex points at 0.2 cents per point which is crazy low. Second, the offer isn't intended to drive customers away from Celebrity towards Oceania. It's intended for someone who is booking Oceania to use this Amex card instead of some other.

51 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Well, first of all, your math is off by multiple factors or you value Amex points at 0.2 cents per point which is crazy low. Second, the offer isn't intended to drive customers away from Celebrity towards Oceania. It's intended for someone who is booking Oceania to use this Amex card instead of some other.

It's a penny a point to me.  If you want to stretch it to 1.3 cents, I'm okay with that.  You can transfer points to JetBlue at 1.3 and they would give you $195 credit for the $15K spend.  If I used my Costco Citi card, I would get 3% cash back or $450, so why would I use my Amex on this Oceania offer?  

31 minutes ago, hubofhockey said:

It's a penny a point to me.  If you want to stretch it to 1.3 cents, I'm okay with that.  You can transfer points to JetBlue at 1.3 and they would give you $195 credit for the $15K spend.  If I used my Costco Citi card, I would get 3% cash back or $450, so why would I use my Amex on this Oceania offer?  

Your $15000 cruise example would net the max of 50,000 bonus MR points using this offer. That's on top of however many points your Amex card typically earns, lets say 15,000 points. That's 65,000 points which is between $650 (1 cent per point) and $845 (1.3 cents per point).

If you're like me and have the offer on your primary and AU cards, you can split the payment between them and earn 75,000 bonus MR points instead of the max of 50k and again add the 15k base points. That would bring the total value of the points (80k points) earned up to between $800 and $1040.

Either way, your original math is off by multiple factors and this far exceeds what you would earn using your Citi card.

Edited by RichYak
grammar

41 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Your $15000 cruise example would net the max of 50,000 bonus MR points using this offer. That's on top of however many points your Amex card typically earns, lets say 15,000 points. That's 65,000 points which is between $650 (1 cent per point) and $845 (1.3 cents per point).

If you're like me and have the offer on your primary and AU cards, you can split the payment between them and earn 75,000 bonus MR points instead of the max of 50k and again add the 15k base points. That would bring the total value of the points (80k points) earned up to between $800 and $1040.

Either way, your original math is off by multiple factors and this far exceeds what you would earn using your Citi card.

I've been able to split deals such as this one between my 4 AU cards and then it adds up.  My Amex also provides the best travel coverage.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Yes, Amex will only show you 100 offers at a time that have not been added to your card.  Once you add one or more offers (whether you intend to use them or not) they will add more offers to the list to get you to 100.

The last time I heard the 350 off 500 was out there, it wasn't in my list.  I kept adding offers to my card until it appeared.

Good luck -

Mike