Crew still wearing masks?

directionfinder

Crew are no longer wearing masks. As for guests? I just returned home from a cruise and I saw a few guests wearing them. I think that is the guest's choice to wear them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, directionfinder said:

Thank you!

I wonder why they still post it in there Internet page.

Unfortunately from experience most things seem to appear on Cruise Critic before Silversea notifies changes by email or updates their website….. it is as Lois has said though.

23 minutes ago, directionfinder said:

Thank you!

I wonder why they still post it in there Internet page.

Because they never updated the page.😳

What restrictions? No masking up anymore......no temperature checks anymore.  As for vaxxes? I have been double boosted since the summer of 2022. 

• Like 4

We’re on the Dawn as I type this.  Some crew and passengers are wearing masks but obviously not required as I’d estimate it can’t be more than about 10%.  We had a temperature check in the cruise terminal in Ft Lauderdale during the check in process but nothing since.  They did ask for and look at our vaccination record but it came off more that we’d gotten vaccinated at some level rather than caring about how many or when.  We weren’t concerned as we’ve had the full coarse of vaccinations including the most recent bivalent booster at Christmas.  Our friends and cruise partners are technically not up to date as they have not gotten the most recent booster but nothing was said to them.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Randyk47 said:

We’re on the Dawn as I type this.  Some crew and passengers are wearing masks but obviously not required as I’d estimate it can’t be more than about 10%.  We had a temperature check in the cruise terminal in Ft Lauderdale during the check in process but nothing since.  They did ask for and look at our vaccination record but it came off more that we’d gotten vaccinated at some level rather than caring about how many or when.  We weren’t concerned as we’ve had the full coarse of vaccinations including the most recent bivalent booster at Christmas.  Our friends and cruise partners are technically not up to date as they have not gotten the most recent booster but nothing was said to them.   

Hi Randy, hope you have a great cruise🙂

8 hours ago, directionfinder said:

Thank you for these information. 

I really appreciate it. 

One thing I did learn today was new staff and crew are required to wear mask for 5-7 days when they first board.  We picked up a lot of new staff/crew today in San Juan, probably 60+ so I expect to see more wearing masks on our next leg.  Obviously some got off and among them was our cabin steward who was the end of his contract.  He signed a renewal but it doesn’t start until the Silver Nova comes on line.

Edited by Randyk47

I was on the Spirit last week, some of the crew had masked up as well as some of the guest.  The ship had sign all around for distancing, masking.  They also had mask around the ship for taking.  In your room you got a box of mask, disinfecting for hands.  So it’s still being none on the ship.  

14 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

I was on the Spirit last week, some of the crew had masked up as well as some of the guest.  The ship had sign all around for distancing, masking.  They also had mask around the ship for taking.  In your room you got a box of mask, disinfecting for hands.  So it’s still being none on the ship.  

Hmmm….hardly any signs except a small one in our cabin and certainly no masks in the room or around the Silver Dawn.    I’m sure you can ask for masks but we brought our own but haven’t used them.   We were not retested for the second leg and I haven’t heard of any Covid cases though I understand they don’t make a big issue of that.  

21 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Randy 

is part of deck six very far forward still glassed in for covid cases?

With Storm troopers guarding all exits.

1645250865_stormtroopers.thumb.jpg.e6a5e2e9eca7d9d792197191fa8fc034.jpg

Edited by les37b
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Randy 

is part of deck six very far forward still glassed in for covid cases?

Yes.  Don’t know if they have anybody isolated in there but it still exists.  We have not seen any “storm troopers” but then again I don’t wander all decks.   

6 hours ago, Randyk47 said:

Hmmm….hardly any signs except a small one in our cabin and certainly no masks in the room or around the Silver Dawn.    I’m sure you can ask for masks but we brought our own but haven’t used them.   We were not retested for the second leg and I haven’t heard of any Covid cases though I understand they don’t make a big issue of that.  

A sign at every stairway. They checked your vaccination or test before you could get on ship.  Before docking in Hong Kong everyone got a test, and once in Hong Kong waters a mask was required for everyone on the ship the last two days.