Luminae Menu cutbacks?

Cruising Princess

I had the peppered Tuna last night in Luminae (equinox).  It was substantial and very delicious! I cannot eat Kale ( as it is very high in Vit K and I am on blood thinners).  I will not eat Talapia  anywhere but I’ve never see it in Luminae.  I will eat the Alaskan Halibut when it is on the menu.  Really so far Luminae has been wonderful as usual.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I did notice on @nz1 Luminae Food Picture thread they have a new Entree for Lunch -   I'm sure it isn't fleet wide.

For my main, I chose the kangaroo loin which, I was a little hesitant about as the one previous time I’ve had it, it’s been a bit dry. But, it was nicely done with braised red cabbage and potato mash, with small cocktail onions and carrots.

Looks incredible -  @nz1 is on a New Zealand Cruise

49C5392D-004A-4113-B270-B35968F5D386.thumb.jpeg.27fba9b8c7bc741413b3b32f9d2f2936.jpeg

We will be on the Edge next year for NZ/Australia cruise and if still on the menu I may try the Kangaroo.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I had the peppered Tuna last night in Luminae (equinox).  It was substantial and very delicious! I cannot eat Kale ( as it is very high in Vit K and I am on blood thinners).  I will not eat Talapia  anywhere but I’ve never see it in Luminae.  I will eat the Alaskan Halibut when it is on the menu.  Really so far Luminae has been wonderful as usual.

No pictures????

50 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

No pictures????

Ok tonight.  The Alaskan Halibut is on the menu. Also Rib-Eye.  Might do a surf and turf if they now have very small portions!  But so far the portion sizes have been as I remember.  

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I did notice on @nz1 Luminae Food Picture thread they have a new Entree for Lunch -   I'm sure it isn't fleet wide.

For my main, I chose the kangaroo loin which, I was a little hesitant about as the one previous time I’ve had it, it’s been a bit dry. But, it was nicely done with braised red cabbage and potato mash, with small cocktail onions and carrots.

Looks incredible -  @nz1 is on a New Zealand Cruise

49C5392D-004A-4113-B270-B35968F5D386.thumb.jpeg.27fba9b8c7bc741413b3b32f9d2f2936.jpeg

You’re right, @Jim_Iain - this isn’t fleet wide. I asked our waiter about it when we were looking at the menu and he said they’d specially added Kangaroo to this particular menu due to the Eclipse being in the NZ-Australia-South Pacific.

On our first cruise with Celebrity in this area, I remember both kangaroo and crocodile being available in the MDR! Both were delicious and rather exotic options!

We were on a Celebrity excursion to Nevis last week while on the Apex.  At the rear of the large excursion boat a crew member caught a fish.  He said Celebrity gives him TOP dollar for catching Tilapia for Luminae.

AND of course I am kidding.....

53F3FB87-F327-4543-ACA1-966C37D24055_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.7260f82e99a47428f068c462ca74e504.jpeg

• Haha 3

Got my first X cruise booked in a Sky Suite on Summit and been following this thread among others.

Question - are you allowed to order 2 appetisers or entrees? I see people mentioning going for surf and turf as portions small - does that mean you could order the lobster tail on lobster night as well as beef/lamb that is available?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, nz1 said:

You’re right, @Jim_Iain - this isn’t fleet wide. I asked our waiter about it when we were looking at the menu and he said they’d specially added Kangaroo to this particular menu due to the Eclipse being in the NZ-Australia-South Pacific.

On our first cruise with Celebrity in this area, I remember both kangaroo and crocodile being available in the MDR! Both were delicious and rather exotic options!

What no Emu?     LOL.    We have visited Australia often and my best friend lives there.   I think we have pretty much tried everything even Balmain Bugs.  Maybe they could get them instead of Lobster. 

Love your food pictures

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

What no Emu?     LOL.    We have visited Australia often and my best friend lives there.   I think we have pretty much tried everything even Balmain Bugs.  Maybe they could get them instead of Lobster. 

Love your food pictures

🤣 Sadly not! Though I’d be tempted to try an ostrich burger if that turned up on the menu… I’ve seen it available a bit in Aussie but never quite ‘felt’ like it!

Glad you’re enjoying my food pics! I’ve always enjoyed your live threads, too! 😊

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Luminae menu tonight on equinox.

0CCFC5ED-DDFB-49B6-9A18-40C3C51A3F5A.jpeg

Great -  Here's the Stock Menu 3 from 2019

All the same except Lamb Loin in lieu of a Lamb Chop.   This was also what we saw on Solstice in December.

image.thumb.png.4b69ebe2bd6322235d7eef50ef020898.png

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, nz1 said:

🤣 Sadly not! Though I’d be tempted to try an ostrich burger if that turned up on the menu… I’ve seen it available a bit in Aussie but never quite ‘felt’ like it!

Glad you’re enjoying my food pics! I’ve always enjoyed your live threads, too! 😊

Would you mind if I occasionally use one of your pictures when I forget to take a picture.  I'll always try to post credits.  

I have a data base of pictures -  mostly deserts because they always look so different than described on the menu.  

Just now, Jim_Iain said:

Would you mind if I occasionally use one of your pictures when I forget to take a picture.  I'll always try to post credits.  

I have a data base of pictures -  mostly deserts because they always look so different than described on the menu.  

Of course! Feel free 😊

You’re so right that the desserts often don’t really match the menu description! Sort of a leap of faith when ordering 😂

4 hours ago, nz1 said:

Without looking at our cruise history my memory is that we have done five or six prior cruises in Australian/New Zealand and South Pacific waters.  While I don't recall crocodile we certainly have had kangaroo not the menus.

We board the Eclipse on March 10th for a B2B2B2B in Suites so certainly am enjoying this thread.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, nz1 said:

Of course! Feel free 😊

You’re so right that the desserts often don’t really match the menu description! Sort of a leap of faith when ordering 😂

I always chuckle when someone orders the Mascarpone Cheese Cake - and tells the waiter -  I ordered the cheese cake only to be advised it is the cheese cake.

7F6959E2-06AE-41B3-AE8C-7EE6CDE89ED9.thumb.jpeg.d873a80661868535f90a571e6af49f67.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nz1 said:

Of course! Feel free 😊

I miss the old, old days when the waiter would bring out a tray showing you what all the desserts looked like. 

• Like 8

9 hours ago, terrydtx said:

The app for our June Equinox still shows that awful Moroccan Chicken Tagine!!🤢

Here is a screen shot for the Beyond sailing for Luminae.   It also has pigs feet for an appetizer.   Can’t wait to try that.🙄. In all honesty my dad use boil pigs feet and pigs head to make  head cheese, it could also contain the brain, eyes, ears, tongue if bought for the local butcher shop.  Pickled  pigs feet was a staple in the neighborhood bars along with pickled eggs.  

I wonder if the next item will be chicken feet and that isn’t a joke.  A person I worked with told me that his favorite Christmas dinner was Chitlins  and chicken feet.  I said you have to be joking what is there to eat on a chickens foot.  He said there there is pad  on the bottom of the foot that is fantastic.  He also said that chitlins were very time consuming to make and they only had them on special occasions.  Stuff like this takes me back to my childhood.   People learned how to make scrap products taste fantastic and that is what we ate and became the food we liked.  The one thing that I couldn’t stomach but my relatives fought over was Czarnina, duck blood soup.  

We didn’t have the finer things like snail, frog legs, fish eggs, and etc.  😱

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

4F94CAB8-A160-4043-A991-61B089F1A080.png

211C7B1B-E857-4760-B748-8AE581F0B67C.png

Edited by miched

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Love your food pictures

Remember the rumor that the hamburgers at  Jack in the Box was made from Kangaroo meat?

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

27 minutes ago, miched said:

Remember the rumor that the hamburgers at  Jack in the Box was made from Kangaroo meat?

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

All I can say- is when McDonald's had the "Pink Slime" in 2011,  it grossed me out enough that I have only had one McDonald's.   That one, I will blame on my grandson.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, miched said:

Here is a screen shot for the Beyond sailing for Luminae.   It also has pigs feet for an appetizer.   Can’t wait to try that.🙄. In all honesty my dad use boil pigs feet and pigs head to make  head cheese, it could also contain the brain, eyes, ears, tongue if bought for the local butcher shop.  Pickled  pigs feet was a staple in the neighborhood bars along with pickled eggs.  

I wonder if the next item will be chicken feet and that isn’t a joke.  A person I worked with told me that his favorite Christmas dinner was Chitlins  and chicken feet.  I said you have to be joking what is there to eat on a chickens foot.  He said there there is pad  on the bottom of the foot that is fantastic.  He also said that chitlins were very time consuming to make and they only had them on special occasions.  Stuff like this takes me back to my childhood.   People learned how to make scrap products taste fantastic and that is what we ate and became the food we liked.  The one thing that I couldn’t stomach but my relatives fought over was Czarnina, duck blood soup.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Here's the Stock 2019 -  Day 4 menu

Looks like the swapped the Scallop Cappaccio for the Pig Feet version ---   Definitely not trying the Pig Trotters..   I'm sure it's all in my head  -- and no Head Cheese for me either

image.thumb.png.83b7474ce2b1608cd4d1a0aa78e903fc.png

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Yes I’m that old to remember my grandmother making Czarnina!  And I loved it with of course a slice of rye bread from a great bakery. Those days are long gone but great memories.  Thanks for the memories 🎼

1 hour ago, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I’m drooling over your post🤤🤤🤤

5 hours ago, Bucket List Ticked said:

Got my first X cruise booked in a Sky Suite on Summit and been following this thread among others.

Question - are you allowed to order 2 appetisers or entrees? I see people mentioning going for surf and turf as portions small - does that mean you could order the lobster tail on lobster night as well as beef/lamb that is available?

Thanks!

yes, you can order multiple appetizers, entree’s (in main dining rooms, they may charge for extra entree’s in some of the specialty restaurants), and desserts. I almost always do on lobster night to have a surf & turf. 

• Thanks 1