Food and dining on P&O ships

Tablelamp

1 hour ago, Tablelamp said:

I wonder if you can use the TV’s on Ventura to book things.

Tablelamp, do you, like me, remember the old days when you had to put the telly on at tea time to give it a chance to warm up enough to watch the news at ten?

Same tellies on Ventura. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Airplane mode disables your phone from normal use.

However My Holiday App is free to use but can only be accessed on board by putting your phone in Airplane mode.

I have done this on 6 P&O cruises now.

My smart phone does not have a SIM so it is not a phone but it is a very small portable computer, there is no way to make or receive a call or text. Apparently you CAN make an emergency call without a SIM. This is what confused me.

Never mind, I will find out next month. I only want to pre book The Beach House and The Olive Grove but apparently you can't do that before you board.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, davecttr said:

My smart phone does not have a SIM so it is not a phone but it is a very small portable computer, there is no way to make or receive a call or text. Apparently you CAN make an emergency call without a SIM. This is what confused me.

Never mind, I will find out next month. I only want to pre book The Beach House and The Olive Grove but apparently you can't do that before you board.

You can book them before boarding , as we did last cruise but we could only do it for the first week for some reason. What you cannot do is use OBC until you are on board.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, davecttr said:

When you board they try and guide you to check in at your muster station Dave.

The Holiday Desk is usually close to where you get on so go there first and they should be able to book you in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

When you board they try and guide you to check in at your muster station Dave.

The Holiday Desk is usually close to where you get on so go there first and they should be able to book you in.

What's the Holiday Desk? Can't say I have ever noticed one

8 minutes ago, happy v said:

What's the Holiday Desk? Can't say I have ever noticed one

It is a help desk usually manned by 1 or 2 staff to help with the 

My Holiday App.

They have booked Speciality restaurants for us and even put the widget on my phone and set it up for me so I could book everything we wanted.

Screenshot_20230120_224048.jpg

IMG_20221018_145529.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It is a help desk usually manned by 1 or 2 staff to help with the 

My Holiday App.

They have booked Speciality restaurants for us and even put the widget on my phone and set it up for me so I could book everything we wanted.

Screenshot_20230120_224048.jpg

IMG_20221018_145529.jpg

Ahh, I did get them to download the app (they didn't manage). I did not know they could also book the restaurants.

Thank you 

Edited by happy v
  • Like 2

The deck plans for the Carnival Celebration which is the same class as Iona/Arvia have the table layouts for the restaurants. So i counted the larger of the two MDR's. There are 950 seats  so adding the smaller one gives you well less than 2000 seats per sitting.

My excuse is I just wanted to know 🤓

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, happy v said:

Ahh, I did get them to download the app (they didn't manage). I did not know they could also book the restaurants.

Thank you 

With the app widget on my phone I pressed to save details and took airplane mode off to use 4G on my phone.

To get back on the app just put the phone back into airplane mode and tap the widget.

P&O free WiFi showed on the top of my phone screen and in my WiFi settings on my phone.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RJChatsworth said:

Are they going to phase it out on those ships that currently have Club dining?  All the talk is about Freedom dining and speciality restaurants.  I would hate to see Club dining phased out.  Are new ships, Iona and Arvia setting a new trend?

I don't think they will phase out club dining any time soon.

• Like 1

Club dining is on Aurora, Arcadia, Azura and Ventura.   (Don’t know about Britannia). First sitting is at 6 or 6.30 (cannot remember which). 2nd sitting is 8.30.   There is no queuing, but you MUST turn up at your allocated time.  You choose your size of table When you book or soon after.

Edited by Tablelamp
Correction
  • Like 1