Changing PVP?

SurfCat

I am currently having the same issue. I loved my old PVP but she retired. The new PVP that was assigned to me is useless. I had to prompt her through what should be routine questions regarding my booking. Dining times, bed configuration, transportation etc. She tells me she can't keep an eye out for better deals on our booking. I miss Phyllis. Considering a TA but I've heard of some bad TA encounters as well. I'll just do my own for now. 

So this just happened to me, my PVP of like 15 years was promoted and transferred me to another.  Didn't care for her at all.

I searched the internet and found some info on one I thought I might like to try (looked at multiple sites and kept seeing the same name recommended in numerous places, by numerous people).  Reached out to him and asked to be reassigned to him.  He sent me an email confirming that is what I wanted to do and I just responded yes.  He got it taken care of from there and had our files transferred to him.

1 hour ago, JandPB said:

I am currently having the same issue. I loved my old PVP but she retired. The new PVP that was assigned to me is useless.. She tells me she can't keep an eye out for better deals on our booking. 

My PVP is awesome. I have recommended her to many friends. However, I would never expect her to be responsible for finding better deals for a cruise I have already booked. That is not her job. She will occasionally check the upgrade options without prompting from me, but I certainly don't expect that of her. 

She does know the types of cruises we like and will contact us if she sees a good deal on one we might like to book, but is it her job to check for price drops on an already-booked trip? No way. 

Edited by staceyglow

27 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

My PVP is awesome. I have recommended her to many friends. However, I would never expect her to be responsible for finding better deals for a cruise I have already booked. That is not her job. She will occasionally check the upgrade options without prompting from me, but I certainly don't expect that of her. 

She does know the types of cruises we like and will contact us if she sees a good deal on one we might like to book, but is it her job to check for price drops on an already-booked trip? No way. 

I agree but my PVP will do the price adjustment for me under Early Saver if I find it.

Just now, sparks1093 said:

I agree but my PVP will do the price adjustment for me under Early Saver if I find it.

As she should. That's part of her job. But it isn't her job to find the price reductions for you, which I believe is what the other poster was expecting from her PVP. 

3 hours ago, staceyglow said:

As she should. That's part of her job. But it isn't her job to find the price reductions for you, which I believe is what the other poster was expecting from her PVP. 

I know, that's why I started my post with "I agree" and then added what PVPs will do, so newbies following the thread will learn that.🙂

When I first sailed Carnival I had a PVP call me.  He had no clue what I was talking about and I had been on 15 cruises on different lines.  He said he had never cruised.  That was enough for me.  Just book on my own since my cruises are not complicated.  Drive to port.  Get on ship!

6 minutes ago, sgttami said:

When I first sailed Carnival I had a PVP call me.  He had no clue what I was talking about and I had been on 15 cruises on different lines.  He said he had never cruised.  That was enough for me.  Just book on my own since my cruises are not complicated.  Drive to port.  Get on ship!

Now see, everyone’s experience and luck  on this differs.  It’s the luck of the draw.  I am confident my PVP would go to bat for me if needed.  

I called Carnival and a PVP answered.  That was 10 years ago and I’ve booked 20-plus cruises with her.  

She’s from some other country and she’s wonderful.  

And she ends every phone call with “Take care, Love”

LOL. 

• Like 1

My PVP quit during Covid and never sent a message saying they quit or anything.  Tried emailing him because of an issue with a booking, but never got a response.

Never heard from any other PVP saying  they were taking over his clients.  

Many PVPs were laid off during Covid. Our's is a 20 year vet and remained. I'm confident that the company has begun rehiring.