Question regarding drink packages and cocktails.

SandJCruiser

I understand that you can order a standard well drink, like a G&T, using the included spirits.  What about a "basic" cocktail that includes a small amount of a liqueur, for example the limoncello in a lemon drop?  Would this be available at no charge, or a small upcharge, or a full cocktail price?

Secondly what additional cocktails are available with the packages?  Are specialty cocktails discounted with the basic upgrade package and free with the Ultimate or what?

I understand that you can order a standard well drink, like a G&T, using the included spirits.  What about a "basic" cocktail that includes a small amount of a liqueur, for example the limoncello in a lemon drop?  Would this be available at no charge, or a small upcharge, or a full cocktail price?

Secondly what additional cocktails are available with the packages?  Are specialty cocktails discounted with the basic upgrade package and free with the Ultimate or what?

3 hours ago, SandJCruiser said:

With the Ultimate package you can have any cocktail. 
There is a list of included cocktails, but I can’t remember which they are, someone else may. You should be able to ask for any cocktail to be made with an included spirit or with a spirit on the premium package if that’s what you’ve paid for.

Appreciate the response, but not quite the answer to my question.  If you DON'T have a package and you order a cocktail with an included main spirit, but also a  component, like a liqueur, that's not  on the included list, would they charge, and, if so, how would they charge?

1 hour ago, SandJCruiser said:

Appreciate the response, but not quite the answer to my question.  If you DON'T have a package and you order a cocktail with an included main spirit, but also a  component, like a liqueur, that's not  on the included list, would they charge, and, if so, how would they charge?

My understanding is that if a cocktail is not available within a package, then the full price of the cocktail is charged to the passenger’s account. There is no partial charge. So for example, an Aperol Spritz would not be included on the complimentary drinks list, and would be charged at whatever the full price would be for that cocktail.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Carnevale said:

Are there any mocktails on the basic included drinks list?  If so, does anyone have a copy of the list that they can share?  Thx!

Non-alcoholic cocktails - Berry-Banana Colada, Bora Bora Brew, Pina Colada and Tropical Lemonade. Soda - Coca-Cola, Diet Coke and Sprite.

2 hours ago, WoolworthAdventures said:

Non-alcoholic cocktails - Berry-Banana Colada, Bora Bora Brew, Pina Colada and Tropical Lemonade. Soda - Coca-Cola, Diet Coke and Sprite.

And you can have a Virgin Mary (Bloody Mary without the vodka) 

Edited by Grandma Cruising

On 1/19/2023 at 11:45 AM, SandJCruiser said:

Here's the list of "free" cocktails available without a package.

IMG_20221011_141134235_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2023 at 8:40 AM, SandJCruiser said:

The drinks that are included are very limited and far more so than the basic package we’ve had on Celebrity and other cruise lines. The cost to upgrade to the Ultimate doesn’t make sense unless you are drinking a lot and don’t have many port days. Our biggest complaint was on two Azamara Cruises six weeks apart there was not a daily changing selection of red, white and rose wines but the with one exception part way through our second cruise when one new bottle was introduced, it was the same every day. Both times it was blamed on supply chain issues but most weren’t buying that especially as many were private labels for Azamara.

55 minutes ago, Cruiseworks said:

The drinks that are included are very limited and far more so than the basic package we’ve had on Celebrity and other cruise lines. The cost to upgrade to the Ultimate doesn’t make sense unless you are drinking a lot and don’t have many port days. Our biggest complaint was on two Azamara Cruises six weeks apart there was not a daily changing selection of red, white and rose wines but the with one exception part way through our second cruise when one new bottle was introduced, it was the same every day. Both times it was blamed on supply chain issues but most weren’t buying that especially as many were private labels for Azamara.

I disagree.  I don’t think you have to drink a lot, I think you just may prefer higher quality alcohol.  A couple glasses of very good quality champagne, a good scotch or vodka.  We’ve never had a bartender tell us no with any cocktail requests on the ultimate package.  Why scrimp when you’re on holiday?

As far as the wine selection, I think any cruise line, resort, whatever that has their own label will serve that as their everyday pour.

Edited by laurieb
  • Like 2

On 3/7/2023 at 6:24 PM, Cruiseworks said:

The cost to upgrade to the Ultimate doesn’t make sense unless you are drinking a lot and don’t have many port days.

I also disagree.  The cost for us was something like $20pp/day after our loyalty discount.  That was not difficult to justify at all, port day or otherwise.

• Like 2