The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday January 20th, 2023

rafinmd

Good evening.  I'm back.  My first goal this  morning was to go to Walgreens, it's 3 blocks from my house, to get computer paper.  They did not have any,  and Dollar Tree does not sell blank paper.  So tonight I get to print 3 days of work.  I picked some up at the grocery store.  I walked the neighbors dog,  fixed lunch and went to work.  And made a larger sale than yesterday.  (2 times bigger)  People want box seats at the bowl, and they don't even know what they will see yet, as the season is not announced.  I wish that when calling for donations,  more people had faith that their money would bring great things about.  

Thank you all for the information about MDR and Lido.  I think our BFF has made reservations for Tamarind on embarkation day.  If the PG will be open for lunch we may try eating there at lunch one day.  My men folk love pancakes of the blueberry persuasion, being a diabetic it's no longer something that I search out, but I noticed they have buckwheat pancakes on the MDR menu.  My favorite breakfast is a hard (very well done ) boiled egg, and some form of meat.  I think I may try one of those English breakfasts, so I will understand @grapau27's pictures better.😁

I hope you all have a great evening !For those of you who are feeling poorly, or a family member or friend feeling down, I'm  sending a gentle virtual hug your way.

• Like 7

Good evening.  Our partly sunny day turned into a heavily overcast day by early afternoon, and the wind picked up too.  I was glad I got my walk in this morning while there was still some sun.  The problem with cloudy days is our house stays dark, and we have to have the lights on.

13 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

0Good morning Fellow Daily-ites!

We joined our MDR neighbors in Canelletto last night and the food was delicious! Special request for osso bucco..

A beautiful day in Barbados today! Another clipper passed us as we were docking. Look Graham!  One of your favorite cruise lines are our neighbors!

0120230636_HDR.thumb.jpg.33560e7bfb73f5a0296986791cfed191.jpg

0120230635_HDR.thumb.jpg.477fac425bc54b90117d888d6e181c72.jpg

It's crazy busy again in the port.

We were waitlisted and never got the tour, so Allen wanted to stay at Sea View Pool and have coffee.

I was able to catch a bus into the terminal in a minute, cabbed it downtown ($3) but not realizing I could have walked it in 15 minutes.

I bought several adorable outfits for our baby great nephew, and some trinkets for friends. 

I walked back to the cruise terminal and got a "private" ride back to the ship and a mini tour from my bus driver. 

So, I spoke to one of the officers regarding the Sea View Pool with kids swimming in it. One sign says kids under 16 require adult supervision and another says no kids under 18. The kids have water wings and noodles. We were told they "discourage" kids but don't kick them out if they are in the pool with a parent.. So far there are no screamers!

Prayers sent for our friends on the prayer list. Hoping the list starts shrinking. I started with the cruise hack yesterday. Every cough is sounding the same it seems!

Have a great day. Be kind.

Joy, it seems like you had a go9d time in port today.  I'm sorry you got the  cruise hack, and I hope you got over it soon.

10 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Thank you for your comments, Lenda.  Hoping for better news too.  I can't imagine what the immediate family is going through.  

I guess we just missed each other on the Statendam!  We were on a South America cruise in April so just 2 months after you.

It's ironic because, we took the Statendam from San Diego to Ft. Lauderdale to board a cruise that went around the horn to Los Angeles.  That was the 49 day cruise on Ruby Princess that Sandi and Dennis @StLouisCruiserswere on, but we didn't meet on the ship.

6 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

I was surprised to see mapo tofu as the food suggestion today.  Was thinking that we may be the only couple on the daily that knows what it is, knows how to make it, and enjoy eating it.

This morning I took @57redbirdadvice and donated my boot to the kc help program in Bremerton.  Apparently they are all over the country and often pair with a Salvation Army thrift store to supply free medical supplies like wheel chairs, crutches, etc. to those who need them and cannot afford to buy them.  They were happy to receive it and I was happy not to have to look at it.  

Ray

Ray, that's good the boot can be putmto good use and help someone in need.

6 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good evening all. I'm back home. The GI lab called about 12:25 and said they had a cancellation, could I be there at 1 instead of 2:15; I told them I'd try, but my ride had to travel to my house then to their office. BFF and I got there about 1:15. The nurse anesthetist got the IV in on the 2nd stick, so not too bad. The procedure was fine, although the propofol burned like crazy going into that tiny vein he got. Results look ok, so they think it's "functional", sort of like irritable bowel, but of the upper GI tract. I'll see what is the recommended treatment when I see my GI PA next month. I drank some water post procedure and decided to go next door to the lab, where they got me on the first stick! Yay.

Vanessa, I'm glad you could get seen earlier and that everything looked okay.  I hope the GI PA has something that can help.  Glad there was minimal trouble with the veins.

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

Good evening.  I'm back.  My first goal this  morning was to go to Walgreens, it's 3 blocks from my house, to get computer paper.  They did not have any,  and Dollar Tree does not sell blank paper.  So tonight I get to print 3 days of work.  I picked some up at the grocery store.  I walked the neighbors dog,  fixed lunch and went to work.  And made a larger sale than yesterday.  (2 times bigger)  People want box seats at the bowl, and they don't even know what they will see yet, as the season is not announced.  I wish that when calling for donations,  more people had faith that their money would bring great things about.  

Thank you all for the information about MDR and Lido.  I think our BFF has made reservations for Tamarind on embarkation day.  If the PG will be open for lunch we may try eating there at lunch one day.  My men folk love pancakes of the blueberry persuasion, being a diabetic it's no longer something that I search out, but I noticed they have buckwheat pancakes on the MDR menu.  My favorite breakfast is a hard (very well done ) boiled egg, and some form of meat.  I think I may try one of those English breakfasts, so I will understand @grapau27's pictures better.😁

I hope you all have a great evening !For those of you who are feeling poorly, or a family member or friend feeling down, I'm  sending a gentle virtual hug your way.

Annie, congratulations on the even bigger sale today.

Lenda

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

............................... There is a new cruise terminal, which is just horrendous.  You have to walk for miles through little shops and kiosks of tourist junk, then, just when you think you have reached the end and can head for the ship, you come to a new section of "duty free" goods, and have to walk another mile or so through alcohol and perfume, like an airport duty free.  Then, when you finally get outside you're miles away from the ships, and have to wait for an open air trolley to take you to the ship, with hundreds of others from other ships also waiting.  Then a single  trolley comes by that takes 8 people at a time....  ..........................................

Agree 100% on the new terminal located at PV's Muele/Berth #1. It's a commercialized maze!

As far as the 8-oerson shuttles there, they are electric and run on batteries. When we were waiting for our ride along with hundreds of Carnival pax, one arrived only to have the driver tell the Carnival people, "sorry, the shuttle's battery needs recharging" making for a bunch of not so happy campers!

PV is in dire need of larger and more reliable shuttles, especially if your ship is assigned to Berth #3 which is a pretty good hump! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2