Filet Mignon on Kid’s Menu

Jolly Mon Sings

On 1/23/2023 at 10:51 AM, Wineduck said:

I asked for it when we were on the Solstice in September and was told it was no longer available, only sirloin.

It was available on the Reflection in April and May when we did B2B for 25 days. It was always my go to. That is why I was so disappointed. We were in MDR.

I had it a couple times on Solstice in December in Luminae.   Was as good as ever.

I sincerely hope this is available next month for my kids! My son doesn't care too much one way or the other on a lot of these finer points but my daughter has spent the last 8 months talking about her favorite parts of cruising, one of them being filet availability every night. (And yes my kids are actually children not grown ups 😉 )

• Like 2

I had it two weeks ago on Summit.  It wasn't what I've had on many previous cruises.  It was as a not too tender, sorry little hockey puck shadow of its former self.  Didn't order it a second time.  BTW, that was in Luminae not MDR.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sunandsnow said:

Just off the Silhouette 10 day. It is not on the kid's menu in the MDR.

Did you ask for the kids filet anyways?

some report they still receive it even if it’s not on the menu

some report even if it’s on the menu they won’t let you order it unless there are kids at the table 

I asked our waiter. He said it wasn't on the menu. I asked to see the menu to see what might be on the menu to replace it.  It was not listed or anything similar to replace it. We were not sailing with children. Our waiter was very good. I'm guessing he would've said he could order it for me if it was available. 

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, sunandsnow said:

I asked our waiter. He said it wasn't on the menu. I asked to see the menu to see what might be on the menu to replace it.  It was not listed or anything similar to replace it. We were not sailing with children. Our waiter was very good. I'm guessing he would've said he could order it for me if it was available. 

What I see for my sailing is a 5 0z sirloin.  Definitely not in the same class.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/12/2023 at 7:31 PM, Pennstatedj said:

We were on the Feb 11 Apex cruise. We were in Tuscan and asked for kids filet and had it two nights. My wife had it one. It was great. 4oz and was perfect size. 

Similar report.  Apex March 18.  It was on the menu.  I was skeptical but it was definitely a filet (and a good one at that), and we definitely ordered a couple of them at once, as it was better than whatever standard steak they offered.  🤣

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HBL97 said:

Similar report.  Apex March 18.  It was on the menu.  I was skeptical but it was definitely a filet (and a good one at that), and we definitely ordered a couple of them at once, as it was better than whatever standard steak they offered.  🤣

Not available on Silhouette last week. However, our 3 grandchildren were very happy with menu selections and our wait staff were excellent🤗

• Like 2