Premium liquor package 109 a night!

George C

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Both people in a cabin do not have to have the same package but if 1 has an alcohol package both have to have an alcohol package (some exceptions, medical, pregnancy, recovering alcoholic).

So you could book AI and just upgrade your package.  

My husband does not drink due to medication contraindications.  This seems rather unfair for him to pay for an alcohol package.  Has anyone had success with a Dr. Note with regards to this matter?  Nevertheless, these drink package prices are getting out of hand

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, misha1 said:

My husband does not drink due to medication contraindications.  This seems rather unfair for him to pay for an alcohol package.  Has anyone had success with a Dr. Note with regards to this matter?  Nevertheless, these drink package prices are getting out of hand

According to the Beverage Package FAQs you could have an alcohol package and your husband would have to have the Zero Proof package.  If you book with a TA they should be able to handle this with X otherwise call X and ask what documentation you need. 

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Be glad you not playing in CAD 

C6611617-B3BF-4453-B99E-2EED538EA355.jpeg

Since $136.16 CAD is $99.42 USD, I imagine US Americans would be very happy to be charged in CAD to save  $10.58 per day. 

Provided they have a credit card with no foreign currency transaction fees, of course. 

No matter which currency the charge is made in, the prices seem very high to me. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, jelayne said:

According to the Beverage Package FAQs you could have an alcohol package and your husband would have to have the Zero Proof package.  If you book with a TA they should be able to handle this with X otherwise call X and ask what documentation you need. 

Are you sure?  Because some one posted a screenshot on an earlier post of mine in another thread that said both people must have an alcohol package.    Or are you posting in response to a medical contraindication?  

I am going to call the BCC tomorrow and see what they say.  

Edited by AnnaNicole

2 minutes ago, AnnaNicole said:

Are you sure?  Because some one posted a screenshot on an earlier post of mine in another thread that said both people must have an alcohol package.    

Please report back

6 hours ago, C4HCG said:

Me and my husband did Orlando for years until our kids grew up when we discovered cruising. I can assure you his beer bill in the parks was half of what the holiday cost (slight exaggeration 😁). Certainly more than $130 a day.

Sounds like us. One night I was walking along the Boardwalk and thought I'd grab a beer on my way back to the Swolphin.  Balked at the price and walked a little out of the way to the Speedway where a 6-pack of better beer and a bottle of wine cost me barely more than the mouse wanted for a pint can.  Trips to see the mouse are decidedly drier than sailing 

4 hours ago, AnnaNicole said:

Are you sure?  Because some one posted a screenshot on an earlier post of mine in another thread that said both people must have an alcohol package.    Or are you posting in response to a medical contraindication?  

Here is a link to the FAQs

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/beverage-packages

3 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

How many actually pay $109 for a beverage package?  AI is lots cheaper.

In checking prices it seems that AI adds about $85 pp pd. 
But the Classic beverage package if purchased is $105 with the gratuity.  The daily gratuity is about $17,50 pp pd and basic wi-fi is $17, so you are so correct AI is the best option if you want a beverage package.

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, jelayne said:

From Celebrity's website:

My travel partner is pregnant/recovering alcoholic/medical issue that does not allow them to drink, do I have to purchase for them?

Our policy requires that any guest wishing to purchase the Drink Package must do so for all other guests of legal drinking age in the same stateroom. However, we will make an exception for the following:

Exceptions: 

• Children 12 years old and under: will NOT be required to purchase a Zero drink package.
  • Teens – A Zero Proof drink package will be added
    • 13 -17 years old (Europe, Asia, Australia)
    • 13 - 20 years old (USA)
  • Pregnant guests – A Zero Proof drink package will be added.
  • Recovering alcoholic or medical issue that does not allow guests to consume alcohol. – A Zero Proof drink package will be added.
Edited by AnnaNicole

17 hours ago, misha1 said:

Please report back

From Celebrity's site:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/beverage-packages

My travel partner is pregnant/recovering alcoholic/medical issue that does not allow them to drink, do I have to purchase for them?

Our policy requires that any guest wishing to purchase the Drink Package must do so for all other guests of legal drinking age in the same stateroom. However, we will make an exception for the following:

Exceptions: 

• Children 12 years old and under: will NOT be required to purchase a Zero drink package.
  • Teens – A Zero Proof drink package will be added
    • 13 -17 years old (Europe, Asia, Australia)
    • 13 - 20 years old (USA)
  • Pregnant guests – A Zero Proof drink package will be added.
  • Recovering alcoholic or medical issue that does not allow guests to consume alcohol. – A Zero Proof drink package will be added.
Edited by AnnaNicole
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, jelayne said:

In checking prices it seems that AI adds about $85 pp pd. 
But the Classic beverage package if purchased is $105 with the gratuity.  The daily gratuity is about $17,50 pp pd and basic wi-fi is $17, so you are so correct AI is the best option if you want a beverage package.

You just need to factor in the upgrade price (+gratuity) if you want premium.  That's around $16.50 pp pd from the looks of it. 

On 1/21/2023 at 2:42 PM, Lena11033 said:

I came here to say this. I calculated out for my most recent trip (which right now I don't have a package) the premium package will cost me about about 1/3 of my cruise, now I can drink I just don't know if I am drinking that much.

you need to now compare the difference is price for the AI vs sail only pricing.

For a 7 night cruise for example

Classic package $630pp or $743PP WITH TIPS

Wi-Fi $175pp

Gratuities $112pp

Total cost if not on AI above the sail only price $1032pp. From what I have seen if you take the AI price on a cruise you are way ahead. A 7 night Caribbean cruise in May on the Beyond in a standard verandah cabin the AI is only $562pp more than the sail only rate, so AI for some may be a better way to go over ordering ala carte.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

you need to now compare the difference is price for the AI vs sail only pricing.

Wi-Fi $175pp

Gratuities $112pp

Total cost if not on AI above the sail only price $1032pp. From what I have seen if you take the AI price on a cruise you are way ahead. A 7 night Caribbean cruise in May on the Beyond in a standard verandah cabin the AI is only $562pp more than the sail only rate, so AI for some may be a better way to go over ordering ala carte.

I did look at it, for me AI was about $1,400 more to do the package. Right now I went with cruise only with tips until I figure out what I'm doing. I mean I'm already having to pay a lot because I'm a solo traveller I just don't know if the drink package is going to be worth it right now, so will just add on later with the 9% discount if I think it will be worth it.

I just did the math for the classic drink package on a 10 night Connie cruise this March. With the 20% gratuity added, it's $106.80pp/day. That's $2136 for our cruise...just drinks!! 😲 Never mind tips for cabin and dining crew, or Wi-Fi, etc. WTH?? 

Does anybody have a list of drink prices, if buying just one at a time? Like a can of pop, a domestic beer, a Tito's martini, for example? And does it differ from ship to ship?

Thanks!

Oink 🐷 

22 minutes ago, Droink said:

I just did the math for the classic drink package on a 10 night Connie cruise this March. With the 20% gratuity added, it's $106.80pp/day. That's $2136 for our cruise...just drinks!! 😲 Never mind tips for cabin and dining crew, or Wi-Fi, etc. WTH?? 

Does anybody have a list of drink prices, if buying just one at a time? Like a can of pop, a domestic beer, a Tito's martini, for example? And does it differ from ship to ship?

Thanks!

Oink 🐷 

Best to check the app.

Looks like soda is $3 + gratuity ($3.60), domestic beer (Bud/Bud Light) $6.5 ($7.80). Not seeing a price for Tito's, but it's in the Classic Package, so I think that's now either $10 or $11 with the latest change.

FYI, I'm not sure what font you're using, but it's rendering as an almost unreadable script on iOS. CC lets you pick fonts that a lot of people can't read and they'll look fine to you...

3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Wi-Fi $175pp

Gratuities $112pp

And what you end up with is a cruise that more than doubles in price when you add those perks. That's nuts. 

Celebrity is approaching the level of cell phone companies.  "The room is free, you just have to pay for everything else" 

14 minutes ago, D C said:

And what you end up with is a cruise that more than doubles in price when you add those perks. That's nuts. 

Celebrity is approaching the level of cell phone companies.  "The room is free, you just have to pay for everything else" 

I don't see how having the AI doubles the cruise price as you say. The 7 night cruise in April on the Beyond for a standard IV cabin is $1761pp for the cruise only rate. The same cabin with AI, worth $1032 in added perks is only $2323pp or $562pp more than the sail only rate for the drinks, Wi-Fi and gratuities included.

6 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I don't see how having the AI doubles the cruise price as you say. The 7 night cruise in April on the Beyond for a standard IV cabin is $1761pp for the cruise only rate. The same cabin with AI, worth $1032 in added perks is only $2323pp or $562pp more than the sail only rate for the drinks, Wi-Fi and gratuities included.

Is AI available for all cabins and ships?  I just went to dummy book a cruise and there was no mention of AI for a 2024 sailing.  I went all of the way to confirm and pay.  I could book a refundable fare at a reasonable price now.

Edited by NMTraveller

8 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Is AI available for all cabins and ships?  I just went to dummy book a cruise and there was no mention of AI for a 2024 sailing.  I went all of the way to confirm and pay.  I could book a refundable fare at a reasonable price now.

This was on an April cruise this year. I just looked at an Apex April 2024 cruise and the AI is there. You have to look at Cabin categories' less than Aqua to see both pricing. I believe Aqua class and above have AI included in the fares.

image.thumb.png.c660ed6f5dc046a8d0a894031e0de699.png

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Did you book while logged in or not? That's made a difference for me (why? No clue). 

When I do a dummy booking at the big box store with the good rotisserie chickens, they seem to always add in the AI.  The Celebrity site was hit and miss last I tried it 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

This was on an April cruise this year. I just looked at an Apex April 2024 cruise and the AI is there. You have to look at Cabin categories' less than Aqua to see both pricing. I believe Aqua class and above have AI included in the fares.

image.thumb.png.c660ed6f5dc046a8d0a894031e0de699.png

OK.  I got it to show up now.  My example is 1308 without and 2263 with AI.

Not quite the cruise fare, but fairly close.

Edited by NMTraveller

11 hours ago, D C said:

You just need to factor in the upgrade price (+gratuity) if you want premium.  That's around $16.50 pp pd from the looks of it. 

Depends on your CC status and if you upgrade pre cruise or on board.  
But yes if you want the Premium package it costs more. But if you book without AI then the Premium package w/ gratuity is $130 and gratuity is $17.50. Basic internet $17pd.  So cruise only and adding these is still a lot more expensive than booking AI and upgrading the beverage package