Awful food on oasis

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

What Buffet: Golden Coral, Applebees, your hometown buffet, serves food you can compare to WJ?

Many people complain about Itilian food Specialty Restaurants on a ship. It is just like Olive Garden.

We don't go to any of these.  So, maybe that is why we don't complain. SMH!

Golden Corral is so much better than Windjammer.  Seriously

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Gemrac9693 said:

We had a great time, getting off and visiting the islands was the highlight of the cruise, we liked the portside BBQ best so wasn't all bad and the drinks were good, just got a bit repetitive on the boardwalk,it was constantly loud no quiet bars to visit,think people need to try other cruise lines to compare different things,as the comedian said in blaze RC are the Walmart of the seas enough said 

Very true. 

Only tried GC years ago when first opened. Never again!

We were on Oasis last year and visited WJ once. Normally do UDP for dinner. JR, DL or SB for breakfast. 

We are going on Symphony OTS next month B2B. May try WJ. 

I could set up a GO FUND ME page for UDP. Would we get support? LOL

3 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Only tried GC years ago when first opened. Never again!

We were on Oasis last year and visited WJ once. Normally do UDP for dinner. JR, DL or SB for breakfast. 

We are going on Symphony OTS next month B2B. May try WJ. 

I could set up a GO FUND ME page for UDP. Would we get support? LOL

Soliciting for a ***** page is generally frowned upon here, so I'd say no😉

Most jammers do a good job with the asian stir fry stations and the pasta bar. That's about all.

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

So you've been to Golden Corral and find the jammer superior? 

Seriously

My local Chinese buffet is far superior and its $15

I guess I've been to far too many Golden Corrals that were just down right nasty, my opinion.  I have only been to one that was ~good.  That was in Las Cruces, NM and about 3 decades ago (I don't even know if it is still there, it was brand new when we used to go).

BTW, I rate the overall experience based upon food quality, presentation, cleanliness, and "CLIENTAL".  My major issue is with the cliental at GC.  NO, not all are, well, I can't say it here.  But, there are far too many that don't know how to act in most public situations.  Does, WJ have the same?  Yes, of course. But no where near the quantity as the WJ.  But, my main problem with the WJ is with unsupervised kids.  At least there is WJ crew at the many stations in the WJ are there and they actually clean up and discard the slopped food, properly.  I've seen staff at GC scoop up the offending food and put it right back into the pot/tray and other than the carving station and the desert station, staff is hard to find.    

The WJ is a step above GC, that's my opinion.  We all have our own tastes and opinions.  The above is mine.  This is not meant to be an attack on your opinion/taste. 

BTW, I love a good Chinese Buffet.  Too bad, we don't have a good one here.  So, we make do with Panda Express! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

I guess I've been to far too many Golden Corrals that were just down right nasty, my opinion.  I have only been to one that was ~good.  That was in Las Cruces, NM and about 3 decades ago (I don't even know if it is still there, it was brand new when we used to go).

BTW, I rate the overall experience based upon food quality, presentation, cleanliness, and "CLIENTAL".  My major issue is with the cliental at GC.  NO, not all are, well, I can't say it here.  But, there are far too many that don't know how to act in most public situations.  Does, WJ have the same?  Yes, of course. But no where near the quantity as the WJ.  But, my main problem with the WJ is with unsupervised kids.  At least there is WJ crew at the many stations in the WJ are there and they actually clean up and discard the slopped food, properly.  I've seen staff at GC scoop up the offending food and put it right back into the pot/tray and other than the carving station and the desert station, staff is hard to find.    

The WJ is a step above GC, that's my opinion.  We all have our own tastes and opinions.  The above is mine.  This is not meant to be an attack on your opinion/taste. 

BTW, I love a good Chinese Buffet.  Too bad, we don't have a good one here.  So, we make do with Panda Express! 

I'm guessing you mean clientele?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

I'm guessing you mean clientele?

That too!

cliental

Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Encyclopedia.

cli·ent

(klī′ənt)
n.
1. The party for which professional services are rendered, as by an attorney.
2. A customer or patron: clients of the hotel.
3. A person using the services of a social services agency.
4. One that depends on the protection of another.
5. A client state.
6. Computers A computer or program that can download files for manipulation, run applications, or request application-based services from a file server.
Edited by Ret MP
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Oasis has a large open area forward of the enclosed solarium. It was created when they added cabins over the bridge.

Lots of pit groups and loungers

That is a nice area and was my go to area almost every day when on Oasis last September.

• Like 1

We were also unhappy with food on Oasis in September.   We love other WJs for breakfast and lunch but not that sailing.   Solarium bistro wasn't all that good either.  Heard stories of several people getting sick off food from the bistro.  

That cruise was our worst sailing with Royal for several reasons, but we still enjoyed being on a ship at sea with perfect weather and had several nice dinners in MDR (weren't too happy with dinner in CK either) 😀

53 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Most jammers do a good job with the asian stir fry stations and the pasta bar. That's about all.

I like the plantains on Caribbean night. A couple of things I like. 

57 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

-

Full disclosure:  I don't visit the WJ much.  Usually for breakfast, BACON.  On our last cruise on the Independence, we did go a couple times for lunch and dinner.  For the most part, it was good.  A couple of things I wouldn't give to my dog but most of those weren't traditional American style food.  I'm not a big adventurist when it comes to food.  I'm happy with Meatloaf and Mash Potatoes and brown gravy.  There are only a few exotic things I like, Blood Pudding and Curry chicken dishes to name a couple.  AND, I haven't been in a GC in probably 3 years and that was in Dothan, AL.  The GC here in Oxford, AL closed down for COVID and never opened again.  It's now a Chick-fil-A.  Tore down the big GC and built a CFA.  

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Honestly surprised with the amount of Jamaicans in the galley that they can't make a decent pattie

The party was awful lol. Not like what I'm used to when I lived in s. Florida.

I was surprised they had cut up papaya on allure. First time I've seen it. 

Oasis is my least favorite WJ. It's just the setup there; the line, the close together tables, the lack of overall space.

Radiance Class is my favorite design-wise. Navigator had the most impressive service and food of my recent cruises. Anthem's  is solid and reliable. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Oxo said:

Other cruise lines are no different. We cruised RCI, MSC, NCL and Celebrity in 2022. Doing the same Cruise Lines this year. Try others to see and hear the same complaints. 

I can't find a better value than i get on a cruise. Seven days with booze pkg, wifi, balcony, OBC that reduces price, and on some paid gratitues for less than $1,000 per person. 

Go out to a restaurant for 3 meals a day, a motel room for a night, and a couple drinks.

Breakfast > $5/person

Lunch > $10/person

Dinner > $20/person

Motel in Miami >$250/night

Drink >$5/drink

Multiply x 7 = NO COMPLAINS. EXCELLENT!

OPINIONS?

Where do you find a $5 breakfast and a $10 lunch other than fast food? And where can you get $5 drinks?

• Thanks 1

On Oasis this week, and I do have to say I’ve noticed some very poor changes have been made at WJ. There is a section that doesn’t change, lunch and dinner both, where it’s just chicken tenders and fries. Previously these were on the grill section (and they are still there too), but I’m talking a section on one of the islands that remains static with the kids selections. It means fewer variable options and it certainly didn’t go unnoticed by me. I’ve NEVER done dinner in WJ until the new menu debuted last month (I was on Symphony then) and I’m just overall very disappointed with what they’ve done to the main dining concept.

Windjammer is hit and miss for sure. On Harmony we didn't think it was that great, on Allure it was much better (by comparison). That said, we stick with CK and specialty restaurants for the most part now and are rarely disappointed in those venues. 

8 hours ago, Gemrac9693 said:

Unfortunately some people get really defensive when you talk about RC

Yes! They totally do! And then still warned about it getting it worse and all home and do I get credit when EVERYONE else notices too??….nope. Been there done that DONT have the tshirt