Selecting a boarding time

bluetardis

7 hours ago, bluetardis said:

I’m at 60 days before my cruise and all the boarding times are set at 0 available. I thought on my last cruise I was able to select a boarding time by 60 days..please let me know your experience 

They open at 59 days to 12 days before sailing.

My last one opened at 59 days.

It all depends on the port and their clearances.

Just check it periodically.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

They open at 59 days to 12 days before sailing.

My last one opened at 59 days.

It all depends on the port and their clearances.

Just check it periodically.

As did ours..... not that it made much difference, but just in case they begin checking times in the future. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, riffatsea said:

No, definitely not at 60 days!

More like 15 days

58 days for our March cruise. 

They may not have checked on past cruises, but there is no guarantee that they won't start in the future. Best to pick your preferred time just in case. 

Edited by SantaFeFan
  • Like 3

Our experience has shown that we just need to complete everything and then we are in the Green Lane. It did not matter when we arrived, because you just go through the process (through all of the hoops) more quickly and then according to your Loyalty Level, that is where they will have you wait.

If this is your first cruise with Princess and you are in a wheelchair, you will be first to board.

• Like 1

Three cruises since the start up and no one has ever asked/checked.  We’ve always been in the first boarding group.  As others have said, they might check in the future, but doesn’t seem to be something worth worrying about.

I have seen reports of them checking in some ports early on in the startup.  Long lines, and not wanting to have crowds inside of the building, makes sense they would have enforced it.

One item to note - once you choose your boarding group, there isn’t a designated way to check which group you’re in later (unless they’ve changed it since August).  In order to see which group you’re in, you have to go through the same steps as if you were trying to select it.  When you get to the selection screen it’ll show you which group you’re already in.

Edited by WAvoyager

15 minutes ago, WAvoyager said:

Three cruises since the start up and no one has ever asked/checked.  We’ve always been in the first boarding group.  As others have said, they might check in the future, but doesn’t seem to be something worth worrying about.

I have seen reports of them checking in some ports early on in the startup.  Long lines, and not wanting to have crowds inside of the building, makes sense they would have enforced it.

One item to note - once you choose your boarding group, there isn’t a designated way to check which group you’re in later (unless they’ve changed it since August).  In order to see which group you’re in, you have to go through the same steps as if you were trying to select it.  When you get to the selection screen it’ll show you which group you’re already in.

It does show your group now.  It also shows your group letter, like A B C on your QR code.

I was asked on one of our cruises last year if I was in the green lane, first boarding group.  Yes, Sir.  He Did ask to see my QR code.  

Not sure if he was new or an old timer?

Edited by PacnGoNow

22 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

It does show your group now.  It also shows your group letter, like A B C on your QR code.

I was asked on one of our cruises last year if I was in the green lane, first boarding group.  Yes, Sir.  He Did ask to see my QR code.  

Not sure if he was new or an old timer?

It’s nice to know that they are addressing some of the issues with the app.  That always seemed like a no-brainer to have included, but I guess it was a non-MVP feature.