Celebrity Management Undercover? 👀

BridgeMates

7 minutes ago, marieps said:

I don't believe so.  The difference comes in the variety offered.  E class Blu is in a horrible location far from the main galley.  You can't simply order the MDR entre as you can on S or M class.  I found the food on Edge not nearly as good as the Reflection AQ cruise I took a year ago.

FWIW, I just got off Equinox three weeks ago.  Luminae served a veal chop that was stunning in size and presentation and cooked to perfection.   

As an aside , Blu  on  BEYOND( Nov,,) was fabulous,  esp compared  Luminae on that ship ( fresher food, bread baskets, better service,  a brighter venue ) ...  &  much better than BLU   on EDGE..esp as to the view and acoustics.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hcat said:

As an aside , Blu  on  BEYOND( Nov,,) was fabulous,  esp compared  Luminae on that ship ( fresher food, bread baskets, better service,  a brighter venue ) ...  &  much better than BLU   on EDGE..esp as to the view and acoustics.

This is interesting.  Is blu in a different location on Beyond?  Perhaps they opened the al fresco section, which they never did when I was on Edge.

LLP is part of the Royal C  trained Management Team that has brought about many of the changes to the brand.."downwardly mobile".  From elgance and classy to "........" fill in your own thoughts!

No doubt  when LLP and her people cruise X, they do not wait on lines or eat what we eat..  No shortages or downgrades for them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, marieps said:

May I ask what ship you were on in January?  The Blu experience is vastly different ship to ship.

Yes, we were on the Solstice.  I had a conversation with one of the senior officers, and asked him about staffing.  He said that 65% of the crew was new to Celebrity and 35% had never worked for a cruise line.  It’s important to note that their experience was low, but their efforts to please were high.  I’ve never had a cruise on X where I was disappointed in the crew.  I believe it’s been difficult to re-staff post Covid for all cruise lines.

Solstice seemed to be sort of a training platform, I was told the more experienced crew were being sent to E class ships, so I think those passengers will have better trained crews.

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, marieps said:

This is interesting.  Is blu in a different location on Beyond?  Perhaps they opened the al fresco section, which they never did when I was on Edge.

same location (so likely there are still distance issues re kitchens? ) BUT NO life boats or maint equip to block the sea view..   and when we were there, much better acoustics than EDGE 

You might be able to eat outdoors with a great sea view Not sure? ...We were only there for dinner when we tired of Luminae.

Hoping same layout on ASCENT..we booked AQ

27 minutes ago, marieps said:

I don't believe so.  The difference comes in the variety offered.  E class Blu is in a horrible location far from the main galley.  You can't simply order the MDR entre as you can on S or M class.  I found the food on Edge not nearly as good as the Reflection AQ cruise I took a year ago.

FWIW, I just got off Equinox three weeks ago.  Luminae served a veal chop that was stunning in size and presentation and cooked to perfection.   

OK.  I looked at a Blu menu.  All that I can say is LOL.  It has been cut to the bone.

The current plan is to book specialty dining unless X changes course.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, hcat said:

LLP is part of the Royal C  trained Management Team that has brought about many of the changes to the brand.."downwardly mobile".  From elgance and classy to "........" fill in your own thoughts!

No doubt  when LLP and her people cruise X, they do not wait on lines or eat what we eat..  No shortages or downgrades for them.

Are you saying Lisa and her entourage won't be hosting a Presidents cruise anytime in the near future. 😁

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, hcat said:

Some of the differences in experience at the various dining rooms may be due to timing.  From what I’ve heard, the cuts were implemented beginning in January, so a November cruise could have been significantly different.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

Are you saying Lisa and her entourage won't be hosting a Presidents cruise anytime in the near future. 😁

Years ago I had her email address and used it.  I don’t believe she gives that out anymore.  I guess one needs to sail on a President’s cruise to make direct contact.

49 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Just a " thought " or two:

1. As posted many times---- We like Celebrity, never had a bad cruise--- service, food , cleanliness of the ships, etc , never a complaint----- so, why are so many CCers nit-picking over nonsense ?

Perhaps because they have a very different view than you on what is important for their cruise experience, and perhaps because those views aren't impacted in the slightest by the fact that you happen to "like Celebrity" and you happen to have "never had a bad cruise".

49 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

2. Why are so many CCers who are not happy with Celebrity even looking at this site ?

Why would they care about anything posted if they don't like Celebrity ?

Perhaps because they liked Celebrity and trusted that Celebrity would provide the cruise experience that Celebrity promoted to them when they booked and paid-in-full for the promoted cruise experience, but are now less than happy with Celebrity for pulling a bait and switch game with respect to aspects of the cruise that are important to their cruise experience (even if not to you) and they want to warn other of Celebrity's behavior in taking full payment for that cruise experience and then intentionally providing an experience that is, in some's view, significantly less than what they paid for.

Of course, that is just my "thought" or two.  

Edited by randomcruise
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Bobsgonecoastal said:

Years ago I had her email address and used it.  I don’t believe she gives that out anymore.  I guess one needs to sail on a President’s cruise to make direct contact.

We've never been on a Celebrity Presidents cruise but, here's Lisas business email address. 

Chief Executive
Lisa Lutoff-Perlo
President and Chief Executive Officer
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132

lLutoff-Perlo@celebritycruises.com

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RHudson1825 said:

This not unique to celebrity.  All the cruise lines are having to make changes based on debt incurred sure to COVID. 

Unfortunately us passengers are paying the price figuratively and literally.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, randomcruise said:

Perhaps because they have a very different view than you on what is important for their cruise experience, and perhaps because those views aren't impacted in the slightest by the fact that you happen to "like Celebrity" and you happen to have "never had a bad cruise".

Perhaps because they liked Celebrity and trusted that Celebrity would provide the cruise experience that Celebrity promoted to them when they booked and paid-in-full for the promoted cruise experience, but are now less than happy with Celebrity for pulling a bait and switch game with respect to aspects of the cruise that are important to their cruise experience (even if not to you) and they want to warn other of Celebrity's behavior in taking full payment for that cruise experience, and then intentionally providing an experience that is, in some's view, significantly less than what they paid for.

Of course, that is just my "thought" or two.  

Exactly. The onboard experience is very important, for us the ship is the destination. Living in Florida and because we refuse to fly anymore we do 3 or 4 Caribbean cruises a year. Holland America has lost our business as they have cutback on the food and entertainment pretty drastically, I hope X isn't on the same route, we cruise on the Reflection in a few weeks and I guess we will find out then. Let me add we had a fantastic cruise on the Infinity in October, in fact entertainment and food wise, one of our best ever. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

OK.  I looked at a Blu menu.  All that I can say is LOL.  It has been cut to the bone.

The current plan is to book specialty dining unless X changes course.

What has been cut to the bone? I'm looking at the Blu menu for the current solstice cruise and it looks very similar to the Blu menu we had on our Reflection cruise a few months ago. It was more than sufficient and delicious then, and it looks the same now. 

• Like 2

Just now, djvand said:

How worried should I be about the food on Solstice next week?  Is this more about less selection or poor quality or both!

Why not wait until you try the food yourself. Way to subjective. One persons ceiling is another persons floor. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Why not wait until you try the food yourself. Way to subjective. One persons ceiling is another persons floor.

5 minutes ago, djvand said:

How worried should I be about the food on Solstice next week?  Is this more about less selection or poor quality or both!

On our Jan cruise, we found the OVC to be very good.  We both enjoyed eating there more than in the dining rooms.  I did read on cc that the OVC dinner selections were cut by 75%, but we never went there for dinner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1