New Drink Prices and Menus Under Increased Classic and Premium Beverage Packages

JHUNTGOLF

Celebrity has increased the cost of both the Classic and Premium Beverage Packages.  Now, the limits are $11 for a Classic drink and $17 for a Premium drink.  For anyone that has been on a recent cruise with these increased limits, do you have drink menus to give future cruisers an idea of what drinks and beers are now available at the $11 Classic limit and what martinis are available under the $17 Premium limit?  If you don’t have menus, do you remember any of the prices?  Thanks

John

• Like 1

I expect the prices on board will be increased before long.  So the $13 martini will be $15,  ( E class the $15 martini will be $17) the $14 glass of wine will be $16.

We upgrade for the wines and Martinis so even if they didn’t change the prices it would make sense for us to upgrade.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, jelayne said:

I don’t  think the drink or wine menus have been updated in awhile.  The champagne showing on the app for upcoming Summit cruise hasn’t been offered in over a year.

There were new menus in the Sky Lounge which had the Zero Proof Package which is why I'm sure they were newly printed.   It still listed Montaudon which is what you are probably referring to which hasn't been available since the restart.   Cattier was readily available although they were trying hard to push me to Chandon on the first night in the MDR.   When I repeatedly said no they all of a sudden found Cattier.  I've had this happen to me on multiple sailings.

Our dinner table had a chat with the Cellar Master regarding availability of premium wines by the glass where we got the standard "supply chain" excuse.   He said they place the order but have no control over what they get.  We sort of called BS as corporation that buys as much wine as RCG they certainly have more than a bit of leverage over their suppliers.

One of the people at our table had been served a wine at lunch then at dinner they were out.   This was turn over day on  a B2B.   He later returned to the table and said they were loading 3 cases and 1 case would be reserved for them.

1 minute ago, 39august said:

I was quite surprised on my last night in Sky Lounge on  EQ Jan. 20 to be offered Mountadon instead of Catter. 

That’s good news.  They haven’t had that on any ship we have been on since the restart.  We have asked on Reflection, Solstice, Edge, Apex and Beyond.  

So you cannot get any wine over $17 a glass if you upgrade to the Premium package? On NCL you can get pretty much anything if you upgrade to a Premium package. We were getting $35 a glass wines and $50 a glass Japanese whiskeys. 

13 hours ago, njsmom said:

So you cannot get any wine over $17 a glass if you upgrade to the Premium package? On NCL you can get pretty much anything if you upgrade to a Premium package. We were getting $35 a glass wines and $50 a glass Japanese whiskeys. 

On celebrity, you pay the difference. so if something is $35, you pay the $18 difference 17+18=35

17 hours ago, Boatdrinknc said:

I noticed recently that celebrity has reduced the selection of beers and liquor available in the classic package.

You noticed recently on the app or actually while board?  I ask because the app seems very limited for everything so I was believing this to not be all encompassing of what they will actually have.  I recall they they used to have Michelob Ultra (could be bad memory) which is not on any menu but was hoping that they might actually have it.  I do see it under the Classic Package beer listing but nowhere on any menu but nowhere in the app.

I've looked at the app menus more recently and, as with everything Celebrity and their change management, some bar menus show 'old' prices or what I experienced on my last sailing some time ago, whereas some bar menus for the same exact item may be a $1 higher.  Stella, Peroni, Blue Moon beer is an example, $10 on some menus, $11 on others.  It seems you can't fully trust anything until you see your own charges, if any.  I can assume in this case the higher $11 is likely the one that is correct.

Not losing sleep over any of this but what a wonderful game of discovery.

Edited by poffles

On 1/22/2023 at 9:41 PM, jelayne said:

We upgrade for the wines and Martinis so even if they didn’t change the prices it would make sense for us to upgrade.

As do we, the classic wines are a pitiful collection. We drink gin martinis and only with the premium gins.

• Like 2

Last year, we could drink Champagne with the premium package.  Now, the app shows Champagne is $22 per glass.  So no Champagne for the sail away party or as an aperitif.  Will have to see what is available when we board in a few weeks time.

You can bring two bottles of wine onboard per person.  Given our recent experience, we are definitely taking advantage of this to have nice wines we really enjoy rather than hoping for something that doesn’t seem to be “stocked.”

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ivanidea said:

Last year, we could drink Champagne with the premium package.  Now, the app shows Champagne is $22 per glass.  So no Champagne for the sail away party or as an aperitif.  Will have to see what is available when we board in a few weeks time.

What Champagne are you seeing for $22.  The app for our next cruise shows Cattier  and Montaudon at $15.

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

What Champagne are you seeing for $22.  The app for our next cruise shows Cattier  and Montaudon at $15.

Using the app to look at my next cruise on the Constellation, in the Cellar Masters Bar, 145 Brut, Perrier Jouet, Grand Brut, $22.  The same Champagne seems to be listed for $26.50 in the Sunset Bar.

I won't really know until I get on the ship and see what's actually available.  I do hate the partial drinks menus in the app.

3 minutes ago, ivanidea said:

Using the app to look at my next cruise on the Constellation, in the Cellar Masters Bar, 145 Brut, Perrier Jouet, Grand Brut, $22.  The same Champagne seems to be listed for $26.50 in the Sunset Bar.

I won't really know until I get on the ship and see what's actually available.  I do hate the partial drinks menus in the app.

Perrier Jouet was over $20 last year, I can't remember if it was $22 or $25.  I did just see another wine list that has Cattier at $17  so still within the package limit.

We didn't buy an alcohol package since DH doesn't drink and I don't drink enough to justify the cost, so I just pay as I go. Last night in the MDR I ordered a glass of wine that was listed at $11. When they brought the receipt it had morphed into $21 with tax, gratuity, etc. 🤔 I noticed DH's eye starting to twitch as he looked across the table at the receipt so I refrained from adding an extra tip. 🤣

51 minutes ago, PRH said:

You can bring two bottles of wine onboard per person.  Given our recent experience, we are definitely taking advantage of this to have nice wines we really enjoy rather than hoping for something that doesn’t seem to be “stocked.”

It's only 2 bottle on embarkation day correct?  You can't buy 2 bottles in a port to drink on board?

I looked at the app and the wine selection is pitiful, kinda worried

1 hour ago, ivanidea said:

I won't really know until I get on the ship and see what's actually available. 

I do hate the partial drinks menus in the app.

I hate the partial drink menus too, also love (hate) the way one bar menu might show different a price for the same item; obviously due to bad quality control when it comes to document management and price changes not being updated in all places in short order. 

I've also always had issues with drink menus onboard.  They might have some around but they are not always easy to find and even then I find them very limited.  I believe this to be intentional not to give us too many ideas.  I have to prep myself with ideas beforehand, though ultimately I end up with a beer in my hand 🙂