Random questions about upcoming Voyager of the Seas trip

We've never done RCCL, and haven't cruised since pre-lockdowns.  I have a smattering of questions.

We are a family of 7 in connecting ocean views.  DH and I, and five "kids" ages 10-20.

It is a 5-n with Costa Maya and Cozumel.  I am visiting those boards hoping for some help with excursions.

Questions for here - 

•We have prepurchased drink packages - the Refreshment Package for DH and I, and the Classic Soda Package for the five kids.  Will we be able to use that package upon embarkation?  Will we need to pay taxes on our drinks prior to sailing?
•Will I be assigned a Port Arrival Time, or will I need to set one up when I pre-register?
•Does RCCL in general, or VOTS in particular if you know, have a dining room available for embarkation lunch?
•Does anyone know if there is a mocktail menu anywhere on line?
•Does anyone know what hours the coffee bar(s) are open for "premium coffee."

Frankly, I'll take any and all information.  I feel very out of practice and I am not even excited about this cruise any longer for a few reasons.  

Anything y'all think it might help me to know, I would love to feel more prepared.

Thank you.

Edited by Vacationdreamer<><

Yes, your drink packages will be available as soon as you board.   You will need to use your set sail pass if your cabin is not ready.   Your Sea Pass cards will be outside your cabin.  Cabins are usually ready around 1 pm.

No additional tax due at check in.

I don't know what you mean by PAT??

Main dining room will not be open for lunch on embarkment day.  The buffet, Windjammer will be open, Parks Cafe and Sorrentos pizza parlor should be open too.

• Like 1

yes, you can use the package as soon as you board

Have no idea what a PAT is so cannot answer that

yes, main dining or Windjammer buffet is open for lunch.

no idea about mocktails as we drink the real ones, but pretty much anything that has booze can be ordered without it

Cafe Promenade opens at 6:30 am. Get specialty coffee every morning after I go to the gym.

1 minute ago, karena1 said:

yes, you can use the package as soon as you board

Have no idea what a PAT is so cannot answer that

yes, main dining or Windjammer buffet is open for lunch.

no idea about mocktails as we drink the real ones, but pretty much anything that has booze can be ordered without it

Cafe Promenade opens at 6:30 am. Get specialty coffee every morning after I go to the gym.

So MDR is open for lunch on embarkment day?   I didn't think any ship was doing that unless you had the key

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Vacationdreamer&lt;&gt;&lt; said:

I apologize. 
Port Arrival Time. I thought that was the right abbreviation. 🤦‍♀️

so embarkation lunch is buffet or something on lido deck?  Or is Parks Cafe part of the atrium area?  Thank you for your help!

Here is link to the deck plans of Voyager.   Cafe promenade is on deck 5.   https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/voyager-of-the-seas/deck-plans

I personally have not seen the dining room open on any ship for lunch on embarkment day.      

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Vacationdreamer&lt;&gt;&lt; said:

Thank you. I have it. But maybe it’s too early?  There is almost nothing on the app but things for me to prepurchase. 

Probably because your sailing is after the repositioning and hasn’t been loaded.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Vacationdreamer<>< said:

Thank you. I have it. But maybe it’s too early?  There is almost nothing on the app but things for me to prepurchase. 

Go to the head icon on top of app, pick “select a different cruise” and scroll to the bottom (browse ships). Pick Voyager and then the sailing now or next one, and you can see the daily compass. It will give you an idea at least.

Also look through the FAQ’s on Royal’s website for other info you might want.

You will choose your arrival time on the app, 45 days before sailing. Again, tap on head icon and scroll down and you should see date of check in, if you are past final payment.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Thanks 1

Yes, there's a coffee bar attached to the snack area of the Cafe Promenade that has specialty coffee service with regular hours. 

I like the muffaleta sandwich from the snack bar. They also have pastries in the AM and fruit all day, free to take if someone is there to hand it to you. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Vacationdreamer<>< said:

I am not even excited about this cruise any longer

Hey now, you can't have that attitude on CC - that only comes after the cruise when you come back for a rant.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Vacationdreamer&lt;&gt;&lt; said:

so embarkation lunch is buffet or something on lido deck

Lido deck sounds like something from The Love Boat.  😄

There is a lot of info on the app.  There are menus and hours for the food offerings.

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

come back for a rant.

Not much of a ranter LOL. 
I’m super sad that ports of call, while open, aren’t back to their 2019 glory. I wonder if these poorer communities will ever bounce back.  It is sad for them and discouraging as a traveler.  
Still - the ship should be fun if I can get it figured out. 👍 

5 minutes ago, Vacationdreamer&lt;&gt;&lt; said:

Not much of a ranter LOL. 
I’m super sad that ports of call, while open, aren’t back to their 2019 glory. I wonder if these poorer communities will ever bounce back.  It is sad for them and discouraging as a traveler.  
Still - the ship should be fun if I can get it figured out. 👍 

Aren’t you on the 5-day to Costa Maya and Cozumel?

• Like 1

I think your question about the Port Arrival Time is asking when you should get to the embarkation port, right? When you check in, you can select that time. Check in should open 45 days out. The sooner you check in, the better selection of times you'll have.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Vacationdreamer<>< said:

Yes! 

Not sure what you are looking for but I don’t think you will find much busier ports of call than those. Both are experiencing record numbers of cruisers.

Whilst I personally don’t like the direction Costa Maya has taken, as far as I know there is only the water park that hasn’t re-opened. 

We have taken several land visits to Cozumel in 2021 and several cruise ship days in 2022 and I can’t think of anything there that hasn’t re-opened. There are several new restaurants that have opened and new accommodations being built. 

Edited by c-leg5