What happened to RCCL’s exquisite customer service?☹️

2 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

OP filled out the online form and never got a response back (at least within 10 days)  Granted, we don't know what exactly they wrote, but how much time does a simple "we can not help you" take to respond?  If it takes more than one minute, you need better trained CSRs.  

Agreed

1 hour ago, itsnowjoke said:

Here is the line regarding changes, cancellations, and refunds:

"Cancellations or changes to a confirmed reservation are subject to availability and to any penalties that are charged by the cruise line or supplier."

So this was given to you from your TA.  Did you ever think to ask what the Cruise Line penalties were?  You knew by this that there was a chance of penalty, you should have asked your TA for clarification on Royal's policy.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

There is a cancellation schedule on all my invoices that I have received from the cruise line that says what percentage of my cruise fare I will lose and on what date that happens.  There is no way I would be booking with a travel agent that puts a vague statement on the invoice they send me.  Any time I have used a travel agent for a cruise, I have always received the cruise line's invoice and all payments are made directly to the cruise line with my credit card, never to the travel agent to be forwarded to the cruise line.

Good for you?  We paid our TA.  I do think it's up to the purchaser to understand what cancellation policy is, whether for cruise, air, hotel, whatever.  

OP filled out the online form and never got a response back (at least within 10 days)  Granted, we don't know what exactly they wrote, but how much time does a simple "we can not help you" take to respond?  If it takes more than one minute, you need better trained CSRs.  

You're right.  My intent was not to debate or contest you.  I was just pointing out that here is a time to say enough is enough.  Such as I just did to the OP,  I'll no longer respond directly to HIM/HER.  It's gone too far into the giggle weeds.  And by using your words, "we can no help you" or words to that effect is the final word that has to come at some point.  And yes, if someone says that they will get back to you, they should.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good for you?  We paid our TA.  I do think it's up to the purchaser to understand what cancellation policy is, whether for cruise, air, hotel, whatever.  

Of course it is up to the purchaser to understand the policy but they should have the cruise line's invoice that details out the cancellation schedule.  

As far as paying the TA instead of the cruise line, the TA should use your credit card to pay the cruise line directly.  Many people have lost money when TA's have gone out of business because they paid the TA directly and the TA never forwarded that money on to the cruise line on their behalf.

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Really?? I dial 800-526-9723 and the line is answered "Welcome to Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society"

Agree. Also @itsnowjoke CAS tier level has nothing to do with the complaint so the CAS reps. shouldn't even be involved.  The OPs TA should be handling this as it's their booking. When I use a TA I expect them to handle all my questions/requests. That's the job they are getting paid to do.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Of course it is up to the purchaser to understand the policy but they should have the cruise line's invoice that details out the cancellation schedule.  

Never got an invoice from the cruise line.  Here's the fine print in the invoice from our TA (redacted TA's name):

image.png.77f5d4ac8ce0a6fe4d2d05419ee02336.png

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

As far as paying the TA instead of the cruise line, the TA should use your credit card to pay the cruise line directly.  Many people have lost money when TA's have gone out of business because they paid the TA directly and the TA never forwarded that money on to the cruise line on their behalf.

And maybe they do.

I've booked cruises both directly with RCCL/cruise lines and I've booked with with TA's.  In both cases, before I hung up with the cruise line rep., or the TA, I had the TA invoice AND the cruise line invoice in my email inbox.  Imagine that.  

No, I don't book on-line with RCCL, their IT reputation precedes them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Never got an invoice from the cruise line.  Here's the fine print in the invoice from our TA (redacted TA's name):

image.png.77f5d4ac8ce0a6fe4d2d05419ee02336.png

And maybe they do.

That's why, if I go with a TA, sometimes.  I go with the big box TAs.  They give the best OBCs and they're not as "fly by night".  Not that all local, small TAs are "fly by night".  Just, how do I know?  Take the word of people on the Internet?  Let me think about that.  A very big consensus, yep.  But, not one or two recommendations. 

Edited by Ret MP

52 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Many people have lost money when TA's have gone out of business because they paid the TA directly and the TA never forwarded that money on to the cruise line on their behalf.

TA's must use the clients card for payments to Royal.  The only exception is when the client pays in cash in which case the agency ,must have a trust account to hold the clients funds in, part of the contract that TA's agree to to do business with Royal. (North America)

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

ve booked cruises both directly with RCCL/cruise lines and I've booked with with TA's.  In both cases, before I hung up with the cruise line rep., or the TA, I had the TA invoice AND the cruise line invoice in my email inbox.  Imagine that. 

That is your TA that is sending your Royals invoice.  Royal does not send it directly to guests who book through a TA.

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That is on your TA for not providing a copy of Royals booking invoice to you or not making those terms clear an theirs.

He's Diamond, just ask him.  So, it's not his/her first cruise.  You know, he/she has had lots of opportunities to read his various Cruise Ticket Contract(s).  TA has nothing to do with it, my opinion.  I can't believe an owner of several businesses hasn't, through ignorance or willful, read the Cruise Ticket Contract, at least the important parts (the Cancelation Policy). 

• Like 1

That is your TA that is sending your Royals invoice.  Royal does not send it directly to guests who book through a TA.

Yep, correct.  But, they were in my email, before I hung up from them, TA or Representative.  I always make sure of that.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

TA's must use the clients card for payments to Royal.  The only exception is when the client pays in cash in which case the agency ,must have a trust account to hold the clients funds in, part of the contract that TA's agree to to do business with Royal. (North America)

Good to know there are controls now after the problems they had with all the independent TAs years ago.  I remember reading stories here of people that lost all their funds and TA disappeared.

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

You did, many people don't.  many who book through a TA don't even know that they could get a copy of Royals invoice.

Sucks to be them, I guess.  I believe you are a TA.  I think I remember that.  Do you AUTOMATICALLY send your clients a copy of the RCCL invoice?  I'd bet you do.

Just now, reallyitsmema said:

Good to know there are controls now after the problems they had with all the independent TAs years ago.  I remember reading stories here of people that lost all their funds and TA disappeared.

The only post like that I can recall from a few years ago were from the UK when one of their major travel agents went out of business and left many in the lurch.  Must have been quite a while ago f it was referring to the US

• Like 1

Just now, Ret MP said:

Sucks to be them, I guess.  I believe you are a TA.  I think I remember that.  Do you AUTOMATICALLY send your clients a copy of the RCCL invoice?  I'd bet you do.

They get both.  Nothing to hide.  Full transparency is always the best way to conduct business.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, itsnowjoke said:

OK, I'll buy that.  But we are 75 days out.  Check-in is unavailable.  If you are saying that I see the contract 30 days out, I'm 45 days away from getting the info.  Interesting.

If you're Diamond, you've cruised, checked in, and seen the contract multiple times before.

Wow, this has been an interesting experience.  I simply stated that I'm chagrined that Royal can't simply slide a date, or get back to me like they said they would.  I also stated that I'm a pretty good client of theirs, maybe that would help?  Apparently not.  It doesn't hurt to ask.

The fact that many of you -with thousands of posts on CC- want to pile on top of my slight irritation says volumes more about you than it does about me. Is that why you have thousands of posts, because you just love to get online every day and tell people they are wrong?  Pathetic!

Having the positive attitude that I do, I still love Royal, will have a blast on the two cruises I booked and do feel a little let-down.  However, yes, that's on me.  Oh well.  It's not the end of the world.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Read post #49

Thank you.  That table is actually not on any of my paperwork.  It's not on my invoice, either.  If the table is correct, I'd be getting a $600 penalty not $1000.  I wonder who is giving who the runaround?  The travel agent me?  Royal to the travel agent?  I sincerely, honestly don't care any more.  Although I probably would have swallowed the $600, if that's what it actually is....

• Haha 1

Just now, itsnowjoke said:

Thank you.  That table is actually not on any of my paperwork.  It's not on my invoice, either.  If the table is correct, I'd be getting a $600 penalty not $1000.  I wonder who is giving who the runaround?  The travel agent me?  Royal to the travel agent?  I sincerely, honestly don't care any more.  Although I probably would have swallowed the $600, if that's what it actually is....

That's on every copy of Royals invoice.  Blame your TA for not providing it.  Perhaps your TA is also charging a cancellation penalty...some do.

• Like 4

That's on every copy of Royals invoice.  Blame your TA for not providing it.  Perhaps your TA is also charging a cancellation penalty...some do.

I'm still wondering where this elusive Royal invoice is, lol.

• Haha 1