Toiletries and Night light

cruzfiend

1 hour ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

I'm on the Reflection (concierge class) and they have shampoo conditioner, shower gel, and body lotion. There is also an ambient light above the mirror.

I don't have an issue with "hotel" quality toiletries. Just curious if you think its yuck.

3 minutes ago, cruzfiend said:

I don't have an issue with "hotel" quality toiletries. Just curious if you think its yuck.

I wouldn't pick these products to use if I were buying products, but they're fine for short-term use and better than lugging all of it from home. Coincidentally they are the same brand our hotel (Diplomat Beach Resort in Hollywood Beach) had during our 2-night stay before the cruise.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, cruzfiend said:

Everyone has different preferences on formula and scent of the toiletries, so I’m just going to say that I personally don’t like them. However I have bigger problems with the design of the bottles. I’m totally fine with big pump bottles too reduce waste. But the pumps on these bottles are just impossible to use. Look, the pumps on hand soap and shampoo bottles should be different - they should dispense different amount product per pump, 1ml for hand soap and 5ml for shampoo. So I can use half pump of hand soap to wash my hands, and 4 pumps of shampoo to wash my hair. Back to Celebrity choices. They use those “hand soap” pumps that dispense 1ml at a time for all toiletries. And the distance/space between the pump nozzle and bottle neck is not even half an inch so I can’t fit my palm under the nozzle. So, in order to get enough shampoo to wash my hair. I have to put my fingertips under the nozzle, and pump 20 times. The shampoo is so runny that they won’t stay on my fingertips. Ugh just too much frustration to dispense enough product. Did I mention the fact that I’m half blind in the shower without my glasses? That didn’t help.

So, I pack my own hair and body products.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Moochi said:

Everyone has different preferences on formula and scent of the toiletries, so I’m just going to say that I personally don’t like them. However I have bigger problems with the design of the bottles. I’m totally fine with big pump bottles too reduce waste. But the pumps on these bottles are just impossible to use. Look, the pumps on hand soap and shampoo bottles should be different - they should dispense different amount product per pump, 1ml for hand soap and 5ml for shampoo. So I can use half pump of hand soap to wash my hands, and 4 pumps of shampoo to wash my hair. Back to Celebrity choices. They use those “hand soap” pumps that dispense 1ml at a time for all toiletries. And the distance/space between the pump nozzle and bottle neck is not even half an inch so I can’t fit my palm under the nozzle. So, in order to get enough shampoo to wash my hair. I have to put my fingertips under the nozzle, and pump 20 times. The shampoo is so runny that they won’t stay on my fingertips. Ugh just too much frustration to dispense enough product. Did I mention the fact that I’m half blind in the shower without my glasses? That didn’t help.

So, I pack my own hair and body products.

Never had that issue with the big bottles.  4 pumps for hair is plenty and I have never found it runny at all. Maybe you got a bad batch.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stellarose said:

so regular rooms on the summit will not be provided with shampoo conditioner. 

All cabins from inside to suites on all ships have the following toiletries; bar soap, body wash, shampoo, hair conditioner, body lotion

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruzfiend said:

Toiletries vary by room classification.  RS and above have a high end french line.   I think AQ to CS currently are using Bigalow.   Of course this is not consistent across the fleet.  Not sure what they currently have in Concierge and below.

• Like 2

I always pack my own shampoo and conditioner.  This past cruise I decided to try the conditioner provided in the shower.  It was fine.  One less thing to pack.    Also here's a tip. Double check your bring your prescriptions and enough of them.  Our last cruise I realized I forgot my blood preasure meds.  Luckily our first port was Key West,  But it was a Sunday.  We went to the closest Walgreens, 8 blocks from port.  Their RX dept. is closed on Sunday.  So I had to go way further to a CVS that was open for RX's.  It took forever, but I got my pills.  What would I do if no US ports??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rucruisn2 said:

I always pack my own shampoo and conditioner.  This past cruise I decided to try the conditioner provided in the shower.  It was fine.  One less thing to pack.    Also here's a tip. Double check your bring your prescriptions and enough of them.  Our last cruise I realized I forgot my blood preasure meds.  Luckily our first port was Key West,  But it was a Sunday.  We went to the closest Walgreens, 8 blocks from port.  Their RX dept. is closed on Sunday.  So I had to go way further to a CVS that was open for RX's.  It took forever, but I got my pills.  What would I do if no US ports??

We were on the last viable Celebrity Eclipse cruise around the horn.  Covid hit and we couldn't get off the ship for 14 days until we got to San Diego.  Luckily we were B2B so we were prepared.  Lots of folks who should have gotten off in Chile were not.  Had to make a stop in Ecuador for insulin.

I NEVER travel without at least twice the amount I need.  

We were stuck once in Aruba because of a hurricane on the East coast and couldn't get home for 4 days.  My friend was without his meds.  He learned from that experience!

4 hours ago, rucruisn2 said:

Depending on the country, you can get some meds over the counter without a prescription.