Does princess air include a hotel stay?

mscdivina2016

Just got out flights for a September cruise from princess air.

Great flights, business class on Virgin Atlantic to London.

Only thing is we arrive a day early at 9am.

So do we get a free hotel?

Where do the transfers drop us off that day? Do they pick us up again the next day?

Thanks 

Your EZair does not include a hotel.  If you want a Princess Hotel you need to have that added to your booking ( and pay additional cost).

If you booked a transfer it will be from airport to ship. If you fly in a day early and select a non-princess hotel you will need to make your way back to the airport to connect with the transfer to the ship. 

Edited by Shelly97060

Even though it is on the pricey side, we generally book a Princess hotel package on the front-end...sometimes even on the back end.  I like it because if you do the package through Princess you'll get all transfers to/from both hotel and airport.  You do NOT have to book EZAir to get this.  We NEVER do EZAir.

27 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Even though it is on the pricey side, we generally book a Princess hotel package on the front-end...sometimes even on the back end.  I like it because if you do the package through Princess you'll get all transfers to/from both hotel and airport.  You do NOT have to book EZAir to get this.  We NEVER do EZAir.

I usually do EZAir. When we flew Virgin Atlantic to Heathrow I checked every cheap flight booking service and it was listed at over $5,000 each one way. I got the exact same flights through EZAir for $500 each - it was less than 10% of any other booking method. For long haul flights it seems crazy not to at least check EZAir pricing.

(I wanted Virgin Atlantic because I was flying "cattle class" and they have better seats plus free drinks and snacks in addition to the regular offerings.)

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Where do the transfers drop us off that day? Do they pick us up again the next day?

Thanks 

Only if you book a hotel with a transfer and no, it's not free.   EZair and transfers don't really go together.  You book your air and then book your hotel/transfer package if you want one.

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Thanks 

No free hotel. 

• Like 1

Just now, Thrak said:

I usually do EZAir. When we flew Virgin Atlantic to Heathrow I checked every cheap flight booking service and it was listed at over $5,000 each one way. I got the exact same flights through EZAir for $500 each - it was less than 10% of any other booking method. For long haul flights it seems crazy not to at least check EZAir pricing.

(I wanted Virgin Atlantic because I was flying "cattle class" and they have better seats plus free drinks and snacks in addition to the regular offerings.)

Agree we always check EZair.   Almost always better prices.   As long as they are direct flights.

• Like 1

Steve not sure I understand.   When you go into EZair you pick the dates when you want to arrive and return.   Did you want to arrive the same day as the crusie?   Not a great idea but you could have changed the date to see what was available.   I think you might be able to change it.   Or were you under the assumption Princess supplied hotels?   I think about 25 years ago Princess did when you flew from Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale but sadly no longer.

Princess needs to offer less expensive hotel packages.  We just need a clean and safe place to stay the night before embarkation. We are usually too jet-lagged to enjoy the hotel.   We used a Princess hotel package in Copenhagen, because it was reasonable.  We stayed in an extremely nice boutique hotel in Rome for a fraction of the cost of the cheapest Princess hotel.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Thanks everyone

So basically they fly me in and leave me on my own a day early.

That's ok,

I paid $4000 for a $7000+ flight and it's on VA, so I will survive.

Steve

There are multiple flights you can choose and you can choose the dates you arrive.

You indicate you "just got your flights". Did you pick them out or did someone else pick them out for you? Like an agent?

Edited by Coral

5 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Thanks 

Hotels and transfers are booked separately and are unrelated to any airfare you purchased. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Thanks everyone

So basically they fly me in and leave me on my own a day early.

That's ok,

I paid $4000 for a $7000+ flight and it's on VA, so I will survive.

Steve

We book with EZAir. Please understand that many people book to fly in a few days ahead and do some sightseeing. Then they book their own transfer to the ship on sailing day. We flew into Heathrow 3 days ahead and booked Blackberry cabs to our London hotel. On boarding day, we took a very cheap cab from the hotel to Victoria Station where we did use the Princess transfer on boarding day.

Princess transfers are the day of; like from the airport to the dock or a pre=arranged place like in London from Victoria Station.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Coral said:

There are multiple flights you can choose and you can choose the dates you arrive.

You indicate you "just got your flights". Did you pick them out or did someone else pick them out for you? Like an agent?

I got an email that offered me the flights. I never even wanted their air.

There was a box that said "flights available". So I clicked it and there was a couple of choices with pricing.

Here we are. I did not realize I could pick and choose but a red eye is nice. Plus the plane has the bar on the upper deck. 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I got an email that offered me the flights. I never even wanted their air.

There was a box that said "flights available". So I clicked it and there was a couple of choices with pricing.

Here we are. I did not realize I could pick and choose but a red eye is nice. Plus the plane has the bar on the upper deck. 🙂

Yikes we hate red eye flights. We always book our own flights but often use Princess transfers especially when the port is a distance from where are staying like Southhampton or Rome

On 1/29/2023 at 2:17 PM, mscdivina2016 said:

Only thing is we arrive a day early at 9am. So do we get a free hotel?

Where do the transfers drop us off that day?

Do they pick us up again the next day? 

I have done a dozen transatlantic cruises from Southampton. Princess hotels are ridiculously overpriced... so just go to hotels dot com/London Heathrow,  and get any hotel that fits your budget and/or tastes. There are DOZENS less than a 5 minute, very cheap cab ride from the airport... anywhere from $100/night to $500/night. 

Next morning, take a cab back to LHR. You can take the dirt cheap National Express bus that requires transferring to another short cab ride in Southampton, OR... take the slightly more expensive but still reasonable Princess Shuttle. It takes you straight to the ship, and you give them your luggage at LHR, and you don't have to mess with it again until it shows up in your cabin.

You are going to LOVE Virgin Atlantic and most likely your cruise as well  Enjoy.

Edited by teecee60

On 1/31/2023 at 1:52 AM, teecee60 said:

I have done a dozen transatlantic cruises from Southampton. Princess hotels are ridiculously overpriced... so just go to hotels dot com/London Heathrow,  and get any hotel that fits your budget and/or tastes. There are DOZENS less than a 5 minute, very cheap cab ride from the airport... anywhere from $100/night to $500/night. 

Next morning, take a cab back to LHR. You can take the dirt cheap National Express bus that requires transferring to another short cab ride in Southampton, OR... take the slightly more expensive but still reasonable Princess Shuttle. It takes you straight to the ship, and you give them your luggage at LHR, and you don't have to mess with it again until it shows up in your cabin.

You are going to LOVE Virgin Atlantic and most likely your cruise as well  Enjoy.

Thanks.

We actually booked a town car from LHR to the port the day we land and have a decent suite at a hotel a few miles away.

• Like 1