Charged for pool towels

lbow1984

We had left some pool towels in our stateroom. We planned to take them up to the pool deck towel attendant, but had gone in a different direction and were going to do so later. Our stateroom attendant picked them up, but we were charged for them. I had asked the pool towel attendant if it would be an issue and he said no. I have reached our to RC, but am waiting on a response. Has this happened to anyone else? If so did RC fix it?

Edited by lbow1984

2 minutes ago, lbow1984 said:

We had left some pool towels in our stateroom. We planned to take them up to the pool deck towel attendant, but had gone in a different direction and were going to do so later. Our stateroom attendant picked them up, but we were charged for them. I had asked the pool towel attendant if it would be an issue and he said no. I have reached our to RC, but am waiting on a response. Has this happened to anyone else? If so did RC fix it?

Call post cruise guest relations and they will reverse the charges

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sft429 said:

Do they ever actually make anyone pay for the pool towels?

Apparently they charged us and it already went through. Which is funny because the 1st several times we got towels they wouldn't even scan our card since we were in a suite...

22 minutes ago, sft429 said:

Do they ever actually make anyone pay for the pool towels?

I think they should with very few exceptions. As adults we're supposed to be responsible and follow the rules. The chairhogs that get theirs removed should have to pay for the "lost" towel as well.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, crazyfrazee said:

I think they should with very few exceptions. As adults we're supposed to be responsible and follow the rules. The chairhogs that get theirs removed should have to pay for the "lost" towel as well.

Ours were picked up from our room, never from a chair.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I never understood why you'd get charged for pool towels, but no real concern about room towels.

Before lines started introducing these charges, all too many passengers would take a towel or two to the beach while in port and simply leave the now wet and sandy towels there at the end of the day. There was never a problem with bath towels from the cabin. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Before lines started introducing these charges, all too many passengers would take a towel or two to the beach while in port and simply leave the now wet and sandy towels there at the end of the day. There was never a problem with bath towels from the cabin. 

That makes sense, but they could just take a room towel instead.

20 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We were charged once for towels we didn’t even use, but I always check my account before departing, so I went to GS and they removed the charge right there.

It’s always a good idea to check your account before you get off the ship.

Yeah, I had looked just the day prior and they weren't there, but we had our two small kids with us and I didn't think of it on departure day.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sft429 said:

I''ll bet most of the people that that know they have left their towels on the beach or at the pool call and complain about the towel charges and get them removed too.

They probably do which sucks because then I'm sure they wonder about those who are telling the truth when calling too.

I’m thinking the rationale as to why they don’t charge for room towels compared to pool towels could be that usually - and I say that because I have seen some walking around with a room towel around peoples waist - is because they don’t want to have towels laying all around the ship or blowing off the decks into the ocean. That’s what makes sense to me.

What is the best way to handle the pool towels?   It makes sense to me to check-out a towel, and then keep it, swapping it out as needed.  But, if they get removed from the room, then maybe it is better to always check-in the towel before you leave the pool area.  

Note, I tend to worry, and I handle my worry with plans.  

• Like 1