The King’s Coronation - May

MAGSMFC

Can anyone please tell me if Celebrity will show the King’s Coronation on the ship on a large screen.  If not will we be able to watch it live on the television as I am not sure what channels are on the TVs. We will be sailing on the Silhouette at that time in Europe.

Many thanks.

57 minutes ago, MAGSMFC said:

Can anyone please tell me if Celebrity will show the King’s Coronation on the ship on a large screen.  If not will we be able to watch it live on the television as I am not sure what channels are on the TVs. We will be sailing on the Silhouette at that time in Europe.

Many thanks.

The stateroom TV channels include BBC, so you are good there.

22 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Personally, while I hope it's available on stateroom TVs for those that wish to see it, I hope it's not available in public spaces. Not all of us want to watch it/have it forced down our throats.

Forced down your throat?!?!  Really?  Do you believe crew members will be assigned to hold your eyes open, and turn your head toward a TV with the coronation on?  At MOST there would be coverage of the coronation akin to what is done for the Super Bowl, the Soccer World Cup, etc.; which is to say that it will be available on screens in public venues, and likely a topic of conversation. 

Many events of broad interest have this sort of treatment.  I've been on cruises on US election day - coverage is showing in public areas.  The Super Bowl - coverage is shown in public areas.  Other major sporting events - coverage is shown in public areas.  The fact that many passengers may not be interested is not a reason not to provide public viewing for the many who are. 

I don't know anything about the coronation, or the British monarchy.  I doubt I'd be transfixed by coverage of it.  How would it possibly harm me to have coverage of it on the outdoor screen, or several indoor public TVs?

Harris

Denver, CO

Edited by omeinv
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Personally, while I hope it's available on stateroom TVs for those that wish to see it, I hope it's not available in public spaces. Not all of us want to watch it/have it forced down our throats.

Oh, please. If it's shown in a public venue and you don't like it, go somewhere else. Just like I do to avoid having to watch/ listen to US football being shown on the screens.

Forced down our throats. Good grief.

Edited by mom says
  • Like 10

8 minutes ago, Orator said:

I was on Silhouette in Southampton during wedding on Charles & Diana. They showed it in the theater. Since the cruise went from Southampton to Cork the British continent was quite large. 

Wasn’t Charles & Diana’s wedding in 1981? And the Silhouette released in 2011?

Either way, I’m sure it’d be fun to watch on a ship! 🙂

8 minutes ago, StellaTN said:

Wasn’t Charles & Diana’s wedding in 1981? And the Silhouette released in 2011?

Either way, I’m sure it’d be fun to watch on a ship! 🙂

I made a mistake. Perhaps another Royal wedding?  William and Kate perhaps? I didn't watch it since it had no interest to me. But, I appreciated that they showed it to those interested.

Edited by Orator
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

And here’s my booked this cruise to miss it,,,,I’m sure I’ll find a nice quiet venue we’re it’s not showing.

Unless I get an invite before final payment next month,,,I believe the reception is all inclusive.🥳

• Like 1

We were on the Infinity when Harry and Meghan were married.  The wedding was not broadcast in the theater.  One woman from the UK was quite upset and was very vocal about her unhappiness.  We were waiting to be seated for dinner and she was telling someone else that she had complained to Guest Relations.  A coronation is quite different from a wedding (I guess I am just stating the obvious) so I wonder if it will be broadcast in the theater.

7 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Typical American Colonists....😁

• Haha 1