Who would like this for an Elite Benifit?

cjpj

• 1 month later...

Resurrecting this thread now that changes to trading minibar have been enacted::

@pompeii and @Siouxland Cruiser have been successful in trading their minibar for 50 OBC. I know it's only 1/2 the Loyalty OBC that was lost but, hey, I think that's a viable option!!

> cuts down on staff time to switch in & out (especially if all of us are supposed to descend on Loyalty & Events Mgr to coordinate switch as @Cbtours stated)

> has value to me (yes, maybe not to any one else)

As to limiting laundry ---- just give me 4 tokens. I can waste an hour doing it. Saves more staff time.

🔥Flame on 🔥

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Princessfan20 said:

Princess is not giving away any more perks to Elites.  They are taking them away and then bundling them so people have to pay for them on a daily basis.   The good old days of being Elite are really over on Princess.

Agreed. But I wasn't saying IN ADDITION TO but INSTEAD OF. Something that doesn't cost as much as what they are currently doing

7 hours ago, Ombud said:

Resurrecting this thread now that changes to trading minibar have been enacted::

@pompeii and @Siouxland Cruiser have been successful in trading their minibar for 50 OBC. I know it's only 1/2 the Loyalty OBC that was lost but, hey, I think that's a viable option!!

> cuts down on staff time to switch in & out (especially if all of us are supposed to descend on Loyalty & Events Mgr to coordinate switch as @Cbtours stated)

> has value to me (yes, maybe not to any one else)

As to limiting laundry ---- just give me 4 tokens. I can waste an hour doing it. Saves more staff time.

🔥Flame on 🔥

The loyalty obc was nothing to do with elite...?

10 minutes ago, jwattle said:

The loyalty obc was nothing to do with elite...?

Well it wasn't given unless the person had at least 20 cruises and elite is only 15 cruises. So everyone who got it WAS elite

Am I wrong?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ombud said:

Well it wasn't given unless the person had at least 20 cruises and elite is only 15 cruises. So everyone who got it WAS elite

Am I wrong?

Correct.

$25 for 21 –31 cruise credits

$50 for 32–41 cruise credits

$75 for 42–51 cruise credits

$100 for 52+ cruise credits

7 hours ago, Ombud said:

Am I wrong?

We got Elite with less then 21 cruises because we took 20 to 30 day cruises and qualified for Elite with days not number of cruises.

15 hours ago, Ombud said:

Back at post #43 my back of he envelope calculation was that the minibar perk had a cash equivalent value of somewhere around $80.  So if Princess is giving $50 in OBC, that seems close to fair.  They probably wanted to stick to a round number and rounded down to $50.  $75 would have been nicer.  But $50 is not insulting.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Princessfan20 said:
8 hours ago, Ombud said:

Am I wrong?

We got Elite with less then 21 cruises because we took 20 to 30 day cruises and qualified for Elite with days not number of cruises.

My statement was not that all elites got loyalty credit but that all those who got loyalty credit were elite. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimmyVWine said:

Back at post #43 my back of he envelope calculation was that the minibar perk had a cash equivalent value of somewhere around $80.  So if Princess is giving $50 in OBC, that seems close to fair.  They probably wanted to stick to a round number and rounded down to $50.  $75 would have been nicer.  But $50 is not insulting.  

Technically true, and also technically true that $50 is more than the $36 cost of the coffee package so you might think we got a deal.  However, my daily usage of the coffee package was generally about $10 (2 large coffees in the morning and an iced decaf mocha in the afternoon.)  So the value of the coffee package to me on this cruise was about $140, or about 3 times the obc they offered.  Their obc covered the cost of two brewed coffees per day but no more.  Oh well, I guess I didn't need the iced mocha calories anyway...

7 minutes ago, pompeii said:

Technically true, and also technically true that $50 is more than the $36 cost of the coffee package so you might think we got a deal.

The swap out was for two coffee cards, so that would bring the value up to $72.  And yes, one could look at this two different ways.  Was the swap equated to the cost of two coffee cards, or was the swap equated to the cost of however much coffee one was going to purchase at retail cost?  Those are two different numbers.  But that latter is unknowable to Princess and therefore unusable as a cash equivalent.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ombud said:

Am I wrong?

Elite is 15 cruises or 150 days and we made Elite with less then 15 cruises but qualified days.  I do understand what you are saying however.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Princessfan20 said:
9 hours ago, Ombud said:

Am I wrong?

Elite is 15 cruises or 150 days and we made Elite with less then 15 cruises but qualified days.  I do understand what you are saying however.

Yep. And solos staying in a full suite get there in 5 cruises. But the 100 obc was for 51 cruises (or 17 for solos in a suite) so I guesstimate most at that level also has 150 nights

5 hours ago, 555 said:

Correct.

$25 for 21 –31 cruise credits

$50 for 32–41 cruise credits

$75 for 42–51 cruise credits

$100 for 52+ cruise credits

Technically yes, but it was not an "actual" elite benefit, as in on the benefit list, but I see what you did there 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are sailing as elites for the first time April 1.   I was looking forward, in the future, to exchanging the mini bar for the coffee cards.  We have the Plus on the cruise, because it was on a promotion when we booked last fall.  however, since we don't drink very many alcohol drinks and don't care about juice bars, smoothies, fitness classes or premium desserts, we will be paying as we go from now on.  On past sailings, we would get the soda package and I would buy a coffee card.  We will be doing ala carte from now on.  So, no I wouldn't like trading for an upgrade from plus to premium, because we probably won't be purchasing plus.

5 hours ago, wrongwaywatson said:

We are sailing as elites for the first time April 1.   I was looking forward, in the future, to exchanging the mini bar for the coffee cards.  We have the Plus on the cruise, because it was on a promotion when we booked last fall.  however, since we don't drink very many alcohol drinks and don't care about juice bars, smoothies, fitness classes or premium desserts, we will be paying as we go from now on.  On past sailings, we would get the soda package and I would buy a coffee card.  We will be doing ala carte from now on.  So, no I wouldn't like trading for an upgrade from plus to premium, because we probably won't be purchasing plus.

So you're having your TA remove the Plus package, I assume?

We're most likely going to do the same for our next cruise & just purchase what we want. We're just getting a little tired of trying to drink our money's worth since we don't drink all that much at home, it becomes quite the challenge on vacation. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, icat2000 said:

I think Elites should get 10% reduction on purchasing the beveridge package/shore tours. 

I also think there time to consider another level. Last cruise I was on there 2000 Elites on board. 

Elite level does get a discount on shore excursions already. 

Maybe they will come up with something else, like even more of a discount on the wifi- or free fancy desserts😜

57 minutes ago, 555 said:

So you're having your TA remove the Plus package, I assume?

We're most likely going to do the same for our next cruise & just purchase what we want. We're just getting a little tired of trying to drink our money's worth since we don't drink all that much at home, it becomes quite the challenge on vacation. 

We aren't removing it on this cruise, because the price was really good.  But, we did remove it for our June Alaska cruise and just purchased the regular fare.

10 hours ago, wrongwaywatson said:

We aren't removing it on this cruise, because the price was really good.  But, we did remove it for our June Alaska cruise and just purchased the regular fare.

I'm still debating on removing it for next Dec. 😑