30 minutes to complete muster drill

BND

10 hours ago, coaster said:

Mistakes happen, responding to them in a timely manner and not putting the stress on the call center staff would go a long way. Really, how hard is it to send an email or push notification to those who got this and explain it was sent in error....

Why on earth would anyone need an email to know this was an IT mistake?  I knew immediately.  I just started this thread because I thought it was hilarious and wanted to see how many others have received it.  I didn't call, anyone on here willing to say they did?  You really seem to want an apology.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hello,

I had this yesterday evening referencing a May sailing that I'm not even booked on.

The only other thing I noticed was the 'Ship's time' was five hours behind UK time. My familiarity with Royal's IT caused me only to half raise an eyebrow.

Regards,

Cublet

18 hours ago, EleventyBangBang said:

Yep, wife and I just got the same. 

I'd wager somebody in Royal IT is gonna have some 'splainin to do.

I bet they were testing that the message was sent and sent out "live" instead of a test ID

31 minutes ago, rcrabb1513 said:

I bet they were testing that the message was sent and sent out "live" instead of a test ID

This makes the most sense considering that they have had to beg passengers to complete the muster drill on every cruise we have been on since the restart. This would be a more personal (and  judging from the five pages of posts on the topic) more ominous and threatening approach especially if it hit your phone after the captain came on the PA and stated that you would not be able to sail otherwise.

11 hours ago, orville99 said:

This makes the most sense considering that they have had to beg passengers to complete the muster drill on every cruise we have been on since the restart. This would be a more personal (and  judging from the five pages of posts on the topic) more ominous and threatening approach especially if it hit your phone after the captain came on the PA and stated that you would not be able to sail otherwise.

It sure would be nice if they could email those notifications on departure day instead of all of the announcements. 

On 2/2/2023 at 9:04 PM, soremekun said:

I see this as good news.  They're probably testing messaging alerts.  Finally!

Agree, but I've never understood WHY Royal doesn't just require the Muster to be completed PRIOR to getting into the terminal, just like your online check-in.  Another cruise line (don't recall which one) does this.  Simple.  Once completed you get in line, Muster done.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2023 at 10:55 PM, sml3 said:

Is the app still down for everyone? Or is it just me?

Would like to know also.  Mine is requiring that I sign in (haven't had to do that before) and the password I have, doesn't work.  Is it still down OR I need to create a new password!!!  Cruise isn't until 3/25 so I have some time.