Suite Guarantees

Carol28

You will be assigned a suite in the category you purchase.  Cabins can be assigned as long as 4 months or as little as a couple weeks before sail date.  Usually around the final.payment date.

I have always called immediately after final payment date and either had a cabin assigned or often was able to request a change to an open cabin.

8 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

You will be assigned a suite in the category you purchase.  Cabins can be assigned as long as 4 months or as little as a couple weeks before sail date.  Usually around the final.payment date.

I have always called immediately after final payment date and either had a cabin assigned or often was able to request a change to an open cabin.

I'm really surprised that a Suite Guarantee is purchased towards a specific suite category.  I thought a guarantee is toward ANY suite that happens to open up. There were no choices for a specific category.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carol28 said:

I'm really surprised that a Suite Guarantee is purchased towards a specific suite category.  I thought a guarantee is toward ANY suite that happens to open up. There were no choices for a specific category.  

When we did a suite guarantee on the Constellation for our late 2021 sailing it was a general suite guarantee, not a specific subcategory.

We got our assignment a week or two before sailing if I recall correctly.  We were assigned to an accessible Sky Suite and although we didn't need an accessible room, we were happy with the room we got.

With a suite guarantee…do you get the perks associated with suites ( premium drink package, tips, premium WIFi and OBC) or do you get to eat in Luminae and get drinks in the Retreat lounge/Michael’s Club and everything else you need to pay for.

6 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

With a suite guarantee…do you get the perks associated with suites ( premium drink package, tips, premium WIFi and OBC) or do you get to eat in Luminae and get drinks in the Retreat lounge/Michael’s Club and everything else you need to pay for.

Perks (drink package, wifi, OBC, gratuities paid) depend on the booking.  I have sometimes seen cruise only suite guarantees, although not lately.

Amenities like Luminae, Retreat Lounge/Michael's Club/etc. come with the suite no matter how you get the suite.

Edited by prmssk

I've done it a couple times because of late booking and they only thing available was a SS Guarantee.   I always say -   Expect worst cabin in the category and be happy if you get better.    A number of times I've been assigned a Accessible SS.

More often than not I've had a guarantee and bid on an upgrade and won the upgrade so wasn't an issue.

In the past year all Suite Guarantees come with the 3 perks and it will indicate that when you book or do a mock booking.      Only difference is you can't pick a room at booking.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 2/3/2023 at 7:41 AM, Cruise a holic said:

It's a crap shoot.  You probably will get an S3 on the apex.  If a great deal and you don't mind the magic carpet rails great.  If an unpopular time of the year you might be lucky and get an s1 or s2.

Enjoy the suite perks.  So good.

We booked a Suite Guarantee for the Edge 5 months before sailing and were assigned an S1 Mid Ship Sky Suite the following day

1 hour ago, DaveL1962 said:

We booked a Suite Guarantee for the Edge 5 months before sailing and were assigned an S1 Mid Ship Sky Suite the following day

Funny you say that...our only experience with a Suite GTY was also on the Edge and we were also quickly assigned an S1 mid-ship.  We were very happy with that. 

We’ve been assigned a MC suite on Beyond. Good price - yes I probably will regret it but at the price I paid I can’t really complain. We usually sail in upper suites or CS so a bit of a change. 

I’ve not bid on move up as I don’t want to end up with a worse location. I can only bid on Aqua suites or above. Not on SS.