Greenland cruise out of Cape Liberty

Somebody booked on our Roll Call that they just booked a couple of days ago. Maybe they lucked out when checking that a cabin had opened, or a travel agent has some cabins they are holding. Check after final payment and there might be cabins open for this year.

Edited by crzndeb

Literally  just 5  minutes ago while checking I was able to put a hold on a Connecting Balcony on deck 8 for that sailing.  $6300 for 14 nights.

I have been looking for a few days.

Have another cruise 8 nighter booked for the same time, Have to decide which cruise we really want to take. This 14 nighter is pretty different though.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Literally  just 5  minutes ago while checking I was able to put a hold on a Connecting Balcony on deck 8 for that sailing.  $6300 for 14 nights.

Have another cruise 8 nighter booked for the same time, Have to decide which cruise we really want to take. This 14 nighter is pretty different though.

I’ll definitely book it if they continue to offer it. Great that you were able to snag a room. I tried several specific searches on the RC website out of curiosity and it didn’t show up on any of them. No big deal since I can’t do it this year anyway. Looking forward to reviews on it later in fall. 

5 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

I’ll definitely book it if they continue to offer it. Great that you were able to snag a room. I tried several specific searches on the RC website out of curiosity and it didn’t show up on any of them. No big deal since I can’t do it this year anyway. Looking forward to reviews on it later in fall. 

Just told my Wife over dinner while out about the cabin I put on hold, she is super excited looks like we will be switching to the 14 nights to Greenland. 🙂

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Cool.  That's only three times what I'm paying.  😄 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

Cool.  That's only three times what I'm paying.  😄 

I'm sure it is,that's what happens when you book late. supply and demand.

When you get onboard look around to your right and left. I'm sure others have even booked it for less then you did.:)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Just told my Wife over dinner while out about the cabin I put on hold, she is super excited looks like we will be switching to the 14 nights to Greenland. 🙂

Cool. Go for it. I flew over Greenland already but never had a chance to visit. Same for Iceland. 

1 hour ago, little britain said:

I booked first day on sale and it’s costing us $3900! 

@Jimbo and @Merion_Mom will be good to put faces to names! 

What categories are people quoting prices for....otherwise prices don't mean much?

Highly doubt @Merion_Mom got a balcony cabin for $2000, a 1/3 of what I'm paying.

Edited by Jimbo

35 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Jewel    September 14th  2023 Bayonne to Bayonne

Oh so it’s not a TA. We just did Voyager from Copenhagen to Boston in September. The highlight of the trip was Prins Christian Sund! It was breathtaking! We’ll do it again just for that day!

44 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Oh so it’s not a TA. We just did Voyager from Copenhagen to Boston in September. The highlight of the trip was Prins Christian Sund! It was breathtaking! We’ll do it again just for that day!

No, but it's a good chance to be able to see the Northern Lights this time of the year in Greenland from a US port Roundtrip, with no international flight travel needed.

If you want to do the TA, get on the ship in Amsterdam on August 28th 2023 to Bayonne, a 17 night cruise.

Not many cabins left for that one either $7500 for an inside cabin GTY.

Edited by Jimbo

I booked fairly early on, $3000 for two people in ocean view including tax and fees. I will have to make do with the promenade as my balcony, doubt Royal Up is going to help much on this one. I'm hoping since this one sold so well Royal will try to get a little more creative with Bayonne. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

I booked fairly early on, $3000 for two people in ocean view including tax and fees. I will have to make do with the promenade as my balcony, doubt Royal Up is going to help much on this one. I'm hoping since this one sold so well Royal will try to get a little more creative with Bayonne. 

Yes, think Royal Up will be few and far in between, only happening if someone cancels 7 to 10 days before the cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

No, but it's a good chance to be able to see the Northern Lights this time of the year in Greenland from a US port Roundtrip, with no international flight travel needed.

If you want to do the TA, get on the ship in Amsterdam on August 28th 2023 to Bayonne, a 17 night cruise.

since we just did it last September we have another cruise on our radar that’s not showing up yet. Or possibly a leg of two of the world cruise. 

we weren’t lucky to see the lights. We had a few foggy nights. Hope it’s better viewing for you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

When we were looking, the TA does a similar path, but has a few other northern ports as well.

We are patiently waiting for the '24 TA's to come out, since IF there's a Greenland cruise as well, it will be there, too.

1 hour ago, alfaeric said:

When we were looking, the TA does a similar path, but has a few other northern ports as well.

We are patiently waiting for the '24 TA's to come out, since IF there's a Greenland cruise as well, it will be there, too.

We’re waiting for them too. I think there is a Greenland cruise from Europe. 

I did the Northern TA in 2018 (and Baltics before) on Serenade. I have been to Qaqortoq in Greenland, so it will be nice to visit a couple of new ports. Also nice to have a RT flight in the US, although it’s still a long flight for me. I did love Iceland, and would like to go back there for a land trip.

As far as Northern Lights, it is really iffy depending on cloud cover. I have an app I use that will track probability of seeing them. 

• Like 2

On 2/4/2023 at 8:23 AM, Jimbo said:

Jimbo -are you James Ficurill?  -please contact blomo - franb58 at gmail dot com

On 2/4/2023 at 7:43 AM, lovesthebeach2 said:

I totally agree. Not only was Prins Christian Sund breath-taking, it was also the best day weather-wise of the entire trip. 

I didn't know Royal was offering a Greenland itinerary out of the East Coast. That's a stroke of brilliance. I hope it becomes a regular offering.

• Like 2