First cruise as a Diamond

3 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

The four drinks for achieving Diamond status are very nice. But, I really enjoyed the one-time special Diamond cape and scepter that you get to possess and wear on the Diamond cruise. 

This is misinformation. You only need to wear the cape and have the scepter if you're ordering a drink with the voucher on your first Dimond cruise

Edited by SWACruising
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, cbfb said:

I read there is a happy hour for diamond and above. Is this in addition to the drink vouchers? Or so you use your vouchers? Also, Celebrity now allows guests to bring 2 bottles of wine per person, not cabin. Has this changed on RC too? Can you tell this drink thing is throwing me off!! 🤣🤣

The CAS HH in the DL is from 5 to 8 PM. Nice small buffet for pre dinner snacks. You will have to use your 4 drinks loaded on your Seapass card. If you run out then your Seapass card will be charged for drinks. RC policy is still  two 750 ml bottles per cabin.

Edited by davekathy
  • Thanks 1

On 2/6/2023 at 2:49 PM, cbfb said:

This is great info. We are Elite on Celebrity so my understanding is we will be diamond on RC. I am thinking that we won’t need the drink package. What are other with more RC experience think? 

Premium Bev package for 2, all said and done, is roughly 160 per day.  4 free drinks vouchers go fast on a hot pool deck day, or any other cruise day. Then you are paying $4 water and up to $14 cocktails, which can add up fast.  Not counting any other drink you may want during the day, other then what's in the buffet. Some use the vouchers up, and pay the reg price plus gratuities, if they want a few more.  Some use the vouchers for booze, and purchase a soda or water package. Have even seen people filling up Big Yeti cups at the buffet, and the cafe. Carrying around a big cup all day.  Celebrity All included is higher price pp per cruise, while royal is less pp per cruise but non inclusive drinks, gratuities, wifi....Cheaper,  but a cruise day is a long day. You tend to spend more time awake on a cruise. Thus more drinks, alcoholic or not. I buy the Premium. Not gonna worry about it and be counting drinks all day on vacation.  All about your preference, and budget. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Hawkstar33 said:

Premium Bev package for 2, all said and done, is roughly 160 per day.  4 free drinks vouchers go fast on a hot pool deck day, or any other cruise day. Then you are paying $4 water and up to $14 cocktails, which can add up fast.  Not counting any other drink you may want during the day, other then what's in the buffet. Some use the vouchers up, and pay the reg price plus gratuities, if they want a few more.  Some use the vouchers for booze, and purchase a soda or water package. Have even seen people filling up Big Yeti cups at the buffet, and the cafe. Carrying around a big cup all day.  Celebrity All included is higher price pp per cruise, while royal is less pp per cruise but non inclusive drinks, gratuities, wifi....Cheaper,  but a cruise day is a long day. You tend to spend more time awake on a cruise. Thus more drinks, alcoholic or not. I buy the Premium. Not gonna worry about it and be counting drinks all day on vacation.  All about your preference, and budget. 

Yes I definitely agree. I’ve never not had a premium beverage package so I am hesitant. A lot to consider. I’m hoping to catch a decent sale and that will decide it for me. Thanks for responding. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, cbfb said:

Yes I definitely agree. I’ve never not had a premium beverage package so I am hesitant. A lot to consider. I’m hoping to catch a decent sale and that will decide it for me. Thanks for responding. 

Keep watching as it gets closer to your day. Booking before boarding is usually cheaper.  That 160 is currently for 2 people per day. You could book now, and if it went lower, you could call for adjustment.  Salute

• Thanks 2

On 2/6/2023 at 5:07 PM, neverbeenhere said:

The four drinks for achieving Diamond status are very nice. But, I really enjoyed the one-time special Diamond cape and scepter that you get to possess and wear on the Diamond cruise. 

You get that at diamond + now. Also tiaras for the wife.

• Haha 2

On 2/6/2023 at 2:55 PM, hoosier sailor said:

I am diamond plus, and get 5 drinks per day, and I have never bought the drink package, it's tough for me to drink 5 drinks each day. Occasionally I will get the soft drink package for longer cruises, because soft drinks will count towards your vouchers, As well as fresh squeezed orange juice. 

I’m considering getting the soft drink package 

• Like 1

On 2/6/2023 at 3:09 PM, taglovestocruise said:

You will also have access to the coffee machine in the DL which puts out a pretty good brew. 

*Coffee Machine repair technician not included. When it breaks, ask if they are giving free coffees for Diamond and up at the cafe.......

3 hours ago, IJustWantToGo36 said:

Debating SODA package  am Diamond

If i use a voucher at bar for a club soda and want a refill, will they just top it or will they charge a voucher?

What is current individual soda price onboard?

When I have used a voucher for club soda, they give me the entire can.

3 hours ago, IJustWantToGo36 said:

Debating SODA package  am Diamond

If i use a voucher at bar for a club soda and want a refill, will they just top it or will they charge a voucher?

What is current individual soda price onboard?

Our son buys soda pkg.  Bought for $6.99 on black Friday sales.   I think individual soda is around $4 not sure as we don't drink soda.