Hotels convenient for Regent cruises from Miami

Jchisley

Hello All,

We are just booking our first ever cruise and it will be on the Regent Seven Seas  Grandeur Feb 2024 😀

I know it’s early but I am thinking ahead to where we might stay the night before .

We will be flying in from the UK to Miami and we have some Marriott points in hand so thought I would use those for a hotel stay before the cruise …the cruise itself is very expensive so need to keep associated costs down 😂

Can anyone recommend a convenient Marriott hotel please convenient for the cruise terminal or maybe part way between the airport and terminal where it would be easy to get a taxi the day of the cruise .

Nothing super fancy as we only have 33000 points . Mind you maybe it might be safer to arrive 2 nights before. 

Thank you ,

Joan 

1 hour ago, ysolde said:

Our PCC recommended the JW Marriott.  We went with that.

There are actually two JW's very near each other. We stayed two nights pre-cruise at the JW Marriott on Brickell. We liked it very much. Lots of restaurants in walking distance, a nice buffet breakfast (included for those with high enough Marriott status) and a CVS Pharmacy right next door if you forget anything they might have. But JW's are not inexpensive.

• Like 1

I really can't speak for the Marriott hotels since I prefer IHG hotels and earn my points; But I can tell you the Brickell area is a great area to stay. There are so many excellent restaurants in the area and some really good shopping as well in Brickell City Centre. That and it's a very quick Uber or cab to the port. 

• Like 1

We stayed at the Intercontinental last time pre-cruise (not Regent).  I thought it was over rated.  Packed with people at a convention, too loud to hang out at the bar at night.  Stayed at the Hyatt in Coral Gables post cruise and it was a great location and hotel.  Have also stayed at the Ritz w/ Marriott points and many, many years ago at the Marriott in South Beach.  Staying at the Regent hotel in March, same one in Coral Gables.    

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jchisley said:

Thanks everyone I will have a look at these hotels 😀x

Since you only have 33000 Marriott points my suggestion is to go to the Marriott website and see which Marriott Hotels in Miami are available for that point number. 

Did the work for you and depending on the date, there are a few available next February your poits will cover but, not the JW's.  

Since you will need to take a taxi or Uber, don't need to be near the port.  February is high season in Miami so suggest you reserve well in advance before prices and point requirements go way up.  As far as I know Marriott will refund your points if you have to cancel up to very close to your booking date.

Good luck,

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rallydave said:

Since you only have 33000 Marriott points my suggestion is to go to the Marriott website and see which Marriott Hotels in Miami are available for that point number. 

Did the work for you and depending on the date, there are a few available next February your poits will cover but, not the JW's.  

Since you will need to take a taxi or Uber, don't need to be near the port.  February is high season in Miami so suggest you reserve well in advance before prices and point requirements go way up.  As far as I know Marriott will refund your points if you have to cancel up to very close to your booking date.

Good luck,

Dave you are a star thank you - as I am new to Marriott points ( only started getting points last year from a stay in Dubai ) as well as new to cruising . Thanks so much . Joan 

I would recommend the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay. We stayed there three years ago pre-cruise and it's a short cab/Uber ride to the port. Nice location - excellent breakfast restaurant on the patio overlooking the water. Just checked and for a February one night stay this year you're looking at 33,000 reward points. It was about a $40 cab ride from the airport.

Have a great trip!

Cheers,

Rob

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, slidebite said:

Is it worthwhile going to Miami beach? We've never been to Miami before and staying an extra day ahead of time to look around.

Last time cruised out of Miami we rented a car at the airport and drove to Miami Beach for our hotel.  Went to Joes Stone Crab, wonderful.  Embarkation day drove to the port, dropped off our luggage and wife.  Took the car back to the airport then called an Uber back to the port.  That was when car rentals wee cheap as well as Uber about $20/

To visit Miami Beach, almost have to have a car.  Miami Beach long, about 10 or more miles long and relatively narrow.  The art deco area is on South Beach, don't know the hotel prices but, a lot of interesting hotels.  We used points to stay within walking distance of South Beach.

Without a car you are limited wo what you see of the beach.  Plan well as you won't have a lot of time if flying in day before cruise.