Has anyone received free laundry as a perk with less then 100 days?

seaver

Yes, if Silversea or your Travel Agent arranged for VIP status when you board you will get free laundry and wet pressing, along with a bottle of Laurent-Perrier Cuvée Rose Champagne, and a box of chocolates.

The only time we got free laundry before we reached 100 days was when we booked a Medallion or Silver Suite.   Personally I don’t know if there is a package available to TAs to “upgrade” their clients or not.  There supposedly is something like a “VIP” package TAs can book but we’ve never gotten it or personally know anybody who has.  If it exists it certainly doesn’t appear to be a package a passenger can book.     

19 minutes ago, WesW said:

Yes, if Silversea or your Travel Agent arranged for VIP status when you board you will get free laundry and wet pressing, along with a bottle of Laurent-Perrier Cuvée Rose Champagne, and a box of chocolates.

We got zilch..... Didn't even get a certificate, though names were read out at the captains welcome. (It was deep into covid times, so social distancing and masks - no stage visit for anyone for example.)

If the OP is referring to something which Wes's reply answers, then job done. If it was to know if you get free laundry prior to the actual 100 days are reached but is on that cruise, then yes, you do, We reached it on the last cruise and would have got there on day 8 of a 16 night cruise.... which turned into 25 nights - and was an absolute godsend.

39 minutes ago, les37b said:

We got zilch..... Didn't even get a certificate, though names were read out at the captains welcome. (It was deep into covid times, so social distancing and masks - no stage visit for anyone for example.)

If the OP is referring to something which Wes's reply answers, then job done. If it was to know if you get free laundry prior to the actual 100 days are reached but is on that cruise, then yes, you do, We reached it on the last cruise and would have got there on day 8 of a 16 night cruise.... which turned into 25 nights - and was an absolute godsend.

To second les37b’s comment about receiving the free laundry during a cruise where you reach 100 days it can and does happen.  In our case we had booked two 7-day cruises back-to-back and we would have reached the 100 days near the end of the second leg.  There was nothing in our cabin announcing we were eligible when we boarded so I asked our butler about the privilege.  He said he’d check and the next day we reached a message on the TV thanking us for being loyal passengers and  saying we now qualified for free laundry the whole cruise.   I came away with the feeling that if we hadn’t have asked it wouldn’t have happened, at least during the first leg, so don’t be shy.  

6 minutes ago, irvington said:

I thought I saw in a YouTube video that there was DIY laundry - did I get that wrong, or is that only some ships? If I can do some laundry on a transpacific cruise, it would really help me to pack lighter.

Yes, there are small free DIY laundromats on each deck.  Mrs K uses them for her underwear, bras, etc., that she doesn’t want to send through the ship laundry.   

Edited by Randyk47
  • Like 2

Yes. On our recent Antarctica cruise, which took us to 96 days. When we arrived there was a message from Silversea saying because of our loyalty to SS they were giving us free laundry. This was a nice surprise. Note that it was not the VIP package, just laundry.

7 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

We were given VIP status on our cruise that followed our less than stellar experience on the post stretch Spirit. Laundry, LP Rose and a couple of other perks were included. 

Hi Davey Did you use a private travel agent? Our agent for over 20 years got us nothing.

19 hours ago, Capri73 said:

Hi Davey Did you use a private travel agent? Our agent for over 20 years got us nothing.

Hi Capri, it was an uphill struggle but it was only down to my refusal to be fobbed off that we got anything. Our agent at the time couldn’t get anything from them.