Majestic Pacific Adventure ex Sydney with Jenn

TrixieBel

Hi everyone, I’m heading off on the Majestic Princess out of Sydney tomorrow. And am officially on vacation from work as of this afternoon. It’s the first time I’ve sailed on a Princess ship, having previously sailed on NCL. And it’s the first time sailing from my home port. 

Im travelling with ToH (my other half) of 3“something” years and we are sooooo looking forward to this because this cruise has been a long-time coming! 

original sailing was supposed to be out of Singapore on 1 March 2020 with a night or two prior staying at the Fullerton Hotel in that city. Of course that never happened… So this sailing is our rebooked rebooked rebooked rebooked sailing. Maybe you can see why we are so looking forward to 13 days in the Pacific 😋

Anyway. It’s the afternoon before. We have done our required (negative) RAT testing.  We have hauled our suitcases into the city on the train. And we are now sitting in the bar at the Fullerton Hotel in Sydney (instead of Singapore) and enjoying our last night on land. 

cheers! 
below: pics of me and ToH on the train, and my cheers to cruising cocktail
A5B745A4-EA08-41C0-952B-706516726D8D.thumb.jpeg.61d15b7bb83d4655f12d3dfb328881dc.jpeg1C25AD1B-F066-4B7C-BF66-B8497BCEF9F9.thumb.jpeg.d5581f862d28d281063679e93c9b8c07.jpeg

Edited by TrixieBel
  • Like 4

• TrixieBel changed the title to Majestic Pacific Adventure ex Sydney with Jenn

So refreshing to read a fun thread.  Thank you for sharing with all of us.  Would you describe the process for doing a RAT test that got you on the Majestic.  Does it fall under the "self attest" unproctored test?  

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, TrixieBel said:

Hi everyone, I’m heading off on the Majestic Princess out of Sydney tomorrow. And am officially on vacation from work as of this afternoon. It’s the first time I’ve sailed on a Princess ship, having previously sailed on NCL. And it’s the first time sailing from my home port. 

Im travelling with ToH (my other half) of 3“something” years and we are sooooo looking forward to this because this cruise has been a long-time coming! 

original sailing was supposed to be out of Singapore on 1 March 2020 with a night or two prior staying at the Fullerton Hotel in that city. Of course that never happened… So this sailing is our rebooked rebooked rebooked rebooked sailing. Maybe you can see why we are so looking forward to 13 days in the Pacific 😋

Anyway. It’s the afternoon before. We have done our required (negative) RAT testing.  We have hauled our suitcases into the city on the train. And we are now sitting in the bar at the Fullerton Hotel in Sydney (instead of Singapore) and enjoying our last night on land. 

cheers! 
below: pics of me and ToH on the train, and my cheers to cruising cocktail
A5B745A4-EA08-41C0-952B-706516726D8D.thumb.jpeg.61d15b7bb83d4655f12d3dfb328881dc.jpeg1C25AD1B-F066-4B7C-BF66-B8497BCEF9F9.thumb.jpeg.d5581f862d28d281063679e93c9b8c07.jpeg

Bon Voyage @TrixieBel Would love to follow along. I'll be boarding the Majestic in a few months after you. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

So refreshing to read a fun thread.  Thank you for sharing with all of us.  Would you describe the process for doing a RAT test that got you on the Majestic.  Does it fall under the "self attest" unproctored test?  

Yes I guess so. We had to do the test at home then take a photo of the cartridge alongside our passport (open) and a watch with the day/time on it. Then we had to upload the photo into the app… 

• Thanks 2

You can tell ToH that I like his shirt - especially as it appears to have a pocket for my stupid glasses. (Sometimes I think it might be easier if I had to wear the glasses all the time.) I know that a lot of folks don't care for the Aloha shirts but I wore them to work every day the last 4 or 5 years I worked. Of course I also wore Birkenstock sandals as well. Working in IT has it's perks.😎  Give him a big High Five for the shirt. 😁

• Thanks 1

We are finally here - 3 years after originally planned.

We were on quite early and did all our errands across various places in the ship (spa, dining line, events manager because I’ve organised the Cruise Critic Meet and Greet for this sailing). Have had a swim and now sitting on the Starboard side in some comfy chairs just outside the Hollywood Pool Club waiting for sail away. 

Was told that there are 3 nights planned for the Chefs Table for this cruise! Hoping we will be able to get placed on the same one as others from Cruise Critic. 

I think it will be a reasonable early night for us. Have ordered pizza to arrive where we are now and hoping it turns up. 

5E1AC5DF-62B0-4680-9D86-29F5C7272044.thumb.jpeg.c43e87950ba78c353b5db0dfd3589621.jpeg

6CAAE83D-C5BC-4D7F-B34D-C51DB9FCE226.thumb.jpeg.dadeb97d031df8871774e99bab4dcd1e.jpeg

4E304E82-EF6A-4E1D-9B65-726EB64A0E83.thumb.jpeg.ff96c90e92aa3890e37c9134a19e531a.jpeg

ED6B2FE9-7186-40F6-9156-F7210675D1DE.thumb.jpeg.d5ca9e607d18b5c35590105cb8d5cf75.jpeg

37E426CB-E442-48AC-8493-6B6B3381D15B.thumb.jpeg.23cecc40f0d7d6189dc092d851027431.jpeg

Edited by TrixieBel
  • Like 4

First, you are soooooo lucky to call Sydney your home port. 

Second, I am really excited about this one. We were on the Majestic just weeks prior to the shutdown for COVID. (We got off one cruise before you were supposed to get on in Singapore). We’re also booked on it next winter.   I’m very interested to hear how the WiFi works for you. When we were on it before the MedallionNet installation, that was the only (really) bad thing about the ship. The WiFi was abysmal. 

Thanks for taking time out of your long awaited cruise to give us updates. 

• Like 1

UPDATE ON THE PIZZA: it was sooo windy out on deck as we were heading out of Sydney Heads,  we decided to move on. Came back to our cabin and within 15mins the pizza was delivered to our cabin rather than to where we were on deck when I ordered it. 

Excellent service! Delicious vege pizza.

Apology - no photo - because the photo would be of an empty box. My hunger over-rode my desire to take photos.

Description of the pizza: it was warm, it was crusty but light, it didn’t have too much sauce or cheese, it wasn’t oily, and there was a generous amount of topping. 🍕

Wifi so far is OK. A little reminiscent of the speed of old fashioned dial-up. But I’m on a ship and I’m happy… And slow loading websites gives me pause to remember not to always have my head in my phone… 

• Like 2

On 2/10/2023 at 3:14 AM, Thrak said:

You can tell ToH that I like his shirt - especially as it appears to have a pocket for my stupid glasses. (Sometimes I think it might be easier if I had to wear the glasses all the time.) I know that a lot of folks don't care for the Aloha shirts but I wore them to work every day the last 4 or 5 years I worked. Of course I also wore Birkenstock sandals as well. Working in IT has it's perks.😎  Give him a big High Five for the shirt. 😁

If your cruise stops in Honolulu, the Macys store in the Ala Moana shopping center has a fabulous selection of men’s shirts with many aloha shirts available. This store has shirts tha none of the other Macys carry. Every time we visit Honolulu we visit the Macys store and buy 2-3 more shirts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Orlando Vic said:

If your cruise stops in Honolulu, the Macys store in the Ala Moana shopping center has a fabulous selection of men’s shirts with many aloha shirts available. This store has shirts tha none of the other Macys carry. Every time we visit Honolulu we visit the Macys store and buy 2-3 more shirts.

Lots of places to get Aloha Shirts in Hawaii, but I don't think they are making it this far.

Sam's Club, Costco, Walmart (locally made by my friend), Ross for Less.  Then you have the Reyn's high end brand.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Orlando Vic said:

Thanks Vic. No Hawaii on this sailing. But we were there in August last year and there were definitely some Hawaiian shirt purchases that came home in ToH’s suitcase… 🐠

And it’s Sunday. A day of rest… The Hollywood Pool Club area is so calming. Usually. This morning swimming in the pool was like taking on the surf at Bondi Beach 🏄‍♀️ The swell is a little up and so are the waves in the pool. 

I like a good wave, so I was a happy happy person. Anyone travelling on the Majestic should have a heads up that this area is no longer adults only. So you will now find small children in here. Not so much in the pool swell this morning though 😊

And then I got back to the cabin and felt a little queasy… 

A tablet, and then room service grilled sandwich and chunky fries has fixed that situation! 

7AF8A175-7959-4395-9A8E-FA4635A4827D.thumb.jpeg.1cf0e0ceb4fa89848e57c9a748ca136d.jpeg

C85157DB-CFB6-4A95-86BB-1E4B9F2106EB.thumb.jpeg.c1f50710043d0c98aa7ff47edc438456.jpeg

280BEB2E-9572-4417-8FF6-6B3AAF561B4D.thumb.jpeg.e1244d76d98680550ebaa483d1e0c962.jpeg

Edited by TrixieBel
  • Like 3

Thanks TrixieBel. Enjoying reading along. We're on Majestic again the week after next.  

I must admit we have enjoyed the Coral and Grand Princess ships this season more than our first Majestic cruise, but sailing out of Sydney is pretty special indeed. We have three more Majestic cruises booked so must have enjoyed!

Looking forward to your future posts on this cruise. Enjoy!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tripmode33 said:

Thanks TrixieBel. Enjoying reading along. We're on Majestic again the week after next.  

I must admit we have enjoyed the Coral and Grand Princess ships this season more than our first Majestic cruise, but sailing out of Sydney is pretty special indeed. We have three more Majestic cruises booked so must have enjoyed!

Looking forward to your future posts on this cruise. Enjoy!

Please return my Coral and the Grand to the west coast.  Last of the best ships at sea…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KLM3164 said:

What is your friend’s label called? I’m going to be in Hawaii twice this year so I’ll look for it and get a shirt for DH when I’m there.

You may be too late, but thank you for your thoughts.  Friend is finally retiring. Last shipment was in January. 

Made in Hawaii (for men)

Me-too (for women)

Kala (for kids)

He was one of the few remaining local makers of Hawaiian Wear.  Most are from outside the states.  

Thanks for letting me share here.  I apologize for the sidebar.  

• Like 3