Banging noise on Beyond

dadofjessie

1 hour ago, Stem to Stern said:

Time for Celebrity to up the prices on the Sunset (real) Verandahs again.

Well if you have taken a look at the prices on Sunset balconies lately  you will see that they already did that awhile ago.  They are considerably more than a regular balcony!    Currently on our Transatlantic there is one sunset left and it is about 1500$ more than a regular veranda. This is on the Beyond.  
LET THE RACE BEGIN!!!

• Haha 1

We were on the Apex last Feb and very loud knocking noises.   Several others heard it as well.  Fortunately the ship was more than half empty so they ere able to give us all different cabins.  I wonder if it’s some type of design flaw with the Edge class ships.  We were on the Solstice when bran new and never had banging noises.

10 hours ago, mauimary said:

Well if you have taken a look at the prices on Sunset balconies lately  you will see that they already did that awhile ago.  They are considerably more than a regular balcony!    Currently on our Transatlantic there is one sunset left and it is about 1500$ more than a regular veranda. This is on the Beyond.  
LET THE RACE BEGIN!!!

Our booked SV for May 2023 has more than doubled since we booked it in January 2022.  I recall our May 2022 Edge SV booking (ultimately cancelled by us) dropping in price three times after we booked in 2021.   I’ve been a bit surprised at how much Celebrity keeps increasing prices.   

14 hours ago, ljk76 said:

Listen to some of the recordings in the other thread…sounds like a machine gun at times! In 30+ cruises of course we’ve had the creaks and bangs but this is a whole new level of pain.

Totally agree. We too have been on a lot of cruises and some noise is expected but this is way beyond (no pun intended) what should be.

2 hours ago, vickykay said:

We were on the Apex last Feb and very loud knocking noises.   Several others heard it as well.  Fortunately the ship was more than half empty so they ere able to give us all different cabins.  I wonder if it’s some type of design flaw with the Edge class ships.  We were on the Solstice when bran new and never had banging noises.

If they knew where to move you then doesn’t that say they know exactly where the problem is?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rucruisn2 said:

We were on Beyond in December in a IV cabin and heard the banging every night.  My husband discovered that if we left the balcony door open and had the windows closed the banging stopped.  Try it.

Whatever works!  Thanks for sharing.🙂

On 2/10/2023 at 2:01 PM, zitsky said:

Could customer service do something about the motion? I didn’t pay for that.

I always eat at Blu on Celebrity because I didn’t pay to get my own food in the buffet.

Best laugh I've had today! 😂

• Haha 1

I was on the Beyond for the October 26th sailing. I reported in my 'Live' there was a lot of creaking in the cabin.  The creaking got louder as the cruise progressed.   There was also creaking down on Deck 4 and 5 by the forward elevators. 

It didn't keep me up but it was the first time I ever experienced that in all of my cruises. The Beyond was the newest ship I sailed so I didn't know if it was 'settling' in. 

We were on Deck 9, basically forward and the creaking in my cabin and my mom and dad's next door, got louder and louder. 

It was almost comical.  It was like we were on an old wooden boat but no, we were on a very new metal ship.  😅

We didn't hear banging, just loud creaking.

🍹

10 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

I was on the Beyond for the October 26th sailing. I reported in my 'Live' there was a lot of creaking in the cabin.  The creaking got louder as the cruise progressed.   There was also creaking down on Deck 4 and 5 by the forward elevators. 

It didn't keep me up but it was the first time I ever experienced that in all of my cruises. The Beyond was the newest ship I sailed so I didn't know if it was 'settling' in. 

We were on Deck 9, basically forward and the creaking in my cabin and my mom and dad's next door, got louder and louder. 

It was almost comical.  It was like we were on an old wooden boat but no, we were on a very new metal ship.  😅

We didn't hear banging, just loud creaking.

🍹

I am on deck 9 yikes, what cabin were you in?