Royal up Suite-Are all benefits the same?

zanydoc

Just now, zanydoc said:

I bid on several Royal up suites on our upcoming cruise. If we get one, are the benefits the same as if we had booked a suite? Thanks!

Yes, except you do not get the double points..unless you were originally in a junior suite or higher.

15 minutes ago, zanydoc said:

I bid on several Royal up suites on our upcoming cruise. If we get one, are the benefits the same as if we had booked a suite? Thanks!

No, the benefits will not be the same.  Depending on what your original stateroom was will determine some of the benefits.  You get the amenities of the suite you win in you Royal Up but not all the perks.  As was mentioned, if you originally booked a non-suite, you will not get two points per day only one. 

35 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

No, the benefits will not be the same.  Depending on what your original stateroom was will determine some of the benefits.  You get the amenities of the suite you win in you Royal Up but not all the perks.  As was mentioned, if you originally booked a non-suite, you will not get two points per day only one. 

The only "perk" one does not get if they win a royal Up bid to a full suite from anything less than a JS is the double points. ALL of the perks one would get if they had booked a full suite in the first place are identical to the perks received from a Royal Up bid win.

• 4 months later...

I don't get why you wouldn't get the double points since you are paying more for winning the bid than you did for your original category. Does anyone know the reasoning behind it or maybe they explain it somewhere and I just suck at searching? lol 

5 minutes ago, Tangibelle said:

I don't get why you wouldn't get the double points since you are paying more for winning the bid than you did for your original category. Does anyone know the reasoning behind it or maybe they explain it somewhere and I just suck at searching? lol 

To encourage people to book suites up front if they're chasing points.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tangibelle said:

A 3rd party handles the royal ups. I guess they dont want to complicate things by later having to change the pts. If you call and pay full price to upgrade then you get the 1 extra pt. 

Since solo is 1 pt and 3 possible, people who post younger double pts confuse solos who then think they will get 4 pts. Only 3 solo in a suite. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

To encourage people to book suites up front if they're chasing points.

Ok. I can see that. I was thinking surprise for my kids birthday to get a "fancy room" but we could sure use the extra points too. lol 

• Like 1