liquor bottle

StormySeas

we will be on Adventure of the seas on 5/4 and are debating getting a bottle of Rum or Vodka for the room to mix our own drink for the balcony. I have seen a price list long ago but cannot find it. I am tired of sifting thru the posts. can anyone post a liquor bottle price list?

15 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Did you look in the gifts section on the Royal Caribbean website? They used to carry off the bottles. Check the size, they are not a full bottle of liquor.

m

F8C57221-F8D0-4E97-9064-E655A90E3A68.png

9D4CBDF1-986F-45CB-ADC4-06AE43CE1D22.png

The bottles are full, they're just small. They are .375L as opposed to the more common .750L.

• Like 3

We started getting the Vodka package when we turned Diamond to suppliment out 4 drink vouchers. On our Oasis cruise last October the package did not appear till about a month before the sailing.Not sure why it's not always available since the price doesn't seem to change. While it is a small bottle it's still 8 - 10 drinks which is a bit of a savings over buying at a bar. Also you can exchange the cans of Sprite for Club Soda if you prefer CS for your mix as I do.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, StickyWombat said:

Sorry for possibly hijacking this thread but we will be in Puerto Rico as one of our port stops. Are we able to bring liquor bottles back on board? Do they check when getting back on board from a port day? 

You most certainly can bring liquor bottles back on board, but they will be taken from you, and returned when your cruise is over.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you. I did try again and was successful

After putting in my order, I never received an email that I had purchased the Vodka package, and it wasn't showing when I checked my CC to see if it had been posted.  After calling RCI, I was told that it can take up to 24 hours, and if I don't see anything by Monday, to call RCI and order it by phone.

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, StormySeas said:

is the price higher if we request the bottle of liquor after we get on board? or is the price the same?

Well that's a good question.

According to the bar menus on the App for our sailing on Symphony next month its slightly cheaper onboard for certain wines, unless the pre purchase price already includes the 18% gratuity.

Castle Rock Cab Sauvignon Paso Robles California: pre purchase $42.99  App menu $35

Estancia Pinot Noir Monterey County California: pre purchase $56.99 App menu $47

Beringer White Zinfandel : pre purchase $35.99 App menu $29

Edited by icsys
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You can not purchase a bottle of liquor onboard for your room.  It can only be done pre cruise (and not available on all ships or sailings)

thank you!  that helps make my decision

On 3/20/2023 at 2:09 PM, StormySeas said:

is the price higher if we request the bottle of liquor after we get on board? or is the price the same?

That's an interesting question. On my only Norwegian cruise I was 'solicited' by a bartender after ordering several double rum and cokes ,.. several evenings in a row, and it was suggested to me that I would be much better off buying a large bottle ( which I was free to carry around the ship). The hassle was not worth what would have been quite a savings for me .Aside from the fact that walking around the ship looking like a drunk carrying around my 40 ouncer was also not appealing. However , never thought to ask at a bar onboard any royal ship if this were possible

Cheers

On 3/20/2023 at 1:45 PM, StormySeas said:

thank you!  that helps make my decision

I ordered the liquor with soda mixer pre-cruise yesterday morning but I still have not gotten an email verifying the purchase. I printed the screen shot with the order number and it says they will email an order confirmation. at what point do I worry? should I call to ask about the confirmation or wait until we are closer to cruise date? (we cruise on May 4, 2023)

9 minutes ago, StormySeas said:

I ordered the liquor with soda mixer pre-cruise yesterday morning but I still have not gotten an email verifying the purchase. I printed the screen shot with the order number and it says they will email an order confirmation. at what point do I worry? should I call to ask about the confirmation or wait until we are closer to cruise date? (we cruise on May 4, 2023)

Usually takes a day or 2 for confirmation 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2023 at 5:40 PM, StickyWombat said:

Sorry for possibly hijacking this thread but we will be in Puerto Rico as one of our port stops. Are we able to bring liquor bottles back on board? Do they check when getting back on board from a port day? 

No one is going to stop you if you have a mini or two in your pocket. However, a large bottle, 95% chance you are directed to go straight to the check in table to have it stored until the last night of the cruise.