Former Deck Plans

Keith1010

I couldn't fit everything in one photo per ship but these are the former deck plans for Symphony and Serenity.  So if you look at this the suites are either the classic ones as they aren't changed for a few are the Seabreeze.  Remember Seabreeze were added to deck 10 on Serenity in 2018.  Two of the PS equivalents which are 10104 and 10105 and the Sea Breeze PH equivalents are in Pink on the diagram such as 10097.

Symphony Sea Breeze rooms were added in late 2017 and they were added to deck 9.  PH equivalents are in Purple and PS equivalents are in Tan such as 9082.

So if you see some standard rooms missing on the new deck plans these will be newly made suites and not classic ones.

Serenity 

Serenity.thumb.png.77ab79211f828bbe16fa5d9c41cea47d.png

Symphony

Symphony.thumb.png.3881e954c97a951e46fc0471c846ed17.png

Keith

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, suzeluvscruz said:

Keith, so you also have the identifying color codes? That would be very helpful!

I took screen shots so couldn't fit it all in.

I did find the one for Symphony so I am adding the one I posted and right below it the key.

Still looking for Serenity Key.

Symphony.thumb.png.29c1c44ddb6a8b365dc2c804717ae905.png

Symhony.thumb.png.ba4d6642bc62fb84dcddd7726de6e4bb.png

Keith,

I have booked an Aquamarine cabin for the Serenity WC that appears from your deck plans to be a former SH.  That will not work for us if it just has that one teensy little desk. I reckon the Aquamarine classic cabin would be the former PH, which if I remember right has a desk and a makeup table.  I don't really want a tub but we need the two desks. Could you help me understand where the Aquamarine classic cabins would be on the new deck plans?  Thanks in advance.

33 minutes ago, FLcruiser2011 said:

Keith,

I have booked an Aquamarine cabin for the Serenity WC that appears from your deck plans to be a former SH.  That will not work for us if it just has that one teensy little desk. I reckon the Aquamarine classic cabin would be the former PH, which if I remember right has a desk and a makeup table.  I don't really want a tub but we need the two desks. Could you help me understand where the Aquamarine classic cabins would be on the new deck plans?  Thanks in advance.

I don't see changes on Serenity for Deck 10 or 11 for the new Aquarmarine.

The two on Deck 9 ;  9001, and 9002 are new.

So I would go with the PH's on Deck 10 and 11 that are in the old plan I provided because from what I can tell they will not be converted.  Just have your TA confirm this.

You are right.  The former PH's on Serenity have the two desks including makeup area. Although smaller than a PS we have always liked the PH better on Serenity. On Symphony we prefer the PS and also enjoyed the Seabreeze equivalent of the PS on Symphony but not on Serenity.

Keith

1 hour ago, FLcruiser2011 said:

Keith,

I would ask your TA or the company themselves as people on these boards can only guess at the moment.

Once on board, the world's your oyster.

9 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

I couldn't fit everything in one photo per ship but these are the former deck plans for Symphony and Serenity.  So if you look at this the suites are either the classic ones as they aren't changed for a few are the Seabreeze.  Remember Seabreeze were added to deck 10 on Serenity in 2018.  Two of the PS equivalents which are 10104 and 10105 and the Sea Breeze PH equivalents are in Pink on the diagram such as 10097.

Symphony Sea Breeze rooms were added in late 2017 and they were added to deck 9.  PH equivalents are in Purple and PS equivalents are in Tan such as 9082.

So if you see some standard rooms missing on the new deck plans these will be newly made suites and not classic ones.

Serenity 

Serenity.thumb.png.77ab79211f828bbe16fa5d9c41cea47d.png

Symphony

Symphony.thumb.png.3881e954c97a951e46fc0471c846ed17.png

Keith

Keith - The Symphony deck 9 purple on my old layout shows them as Seabreeze SH not PH. I currently have 9035 which my old layout shows as 9063 opposite the laundry room and was told it has the large shower no tub. Can you confirm this? Thanks!

26 minutes ago, Jimmycruiser said:

Keith - The Symphony deck 9 purple on my old layout shows them as Seabreeze SH not PH. I currently have 9035 which my old layout shows as 9063 opposite the laundry room and was told it has the large shower no tub. Can you confirm this? Thanks!

Yes 9063 was a SH.  and it is now 9063 and since there are no changes it would have the shower and no tub as these did not have new tubs when Seabreeze Categories were created.

Keith

5 hours ago, peribit said:

Keith,

Do you know if the classic cabins are getting any new carpets, furniture, etc?

Pat

I can’t speak for Serenity, but Symphony’s former PS and PH penthouses received new sofas, side chairs, cocktail tables, and the desk chairs were recovered before she reentered service in 2021.  As Keith said we don’t know what the detailed plans are yet, but worst case even if they did nothing to the classic Aquamarines and Sapphires, the furnishings just had a few months of pretty light service since the last update, minus anything unspeakable happening during the layup.

Vince

• Like 1

Sorry to say, but wouldn't it be appropriate for Crystal to post ACCURATE stateroom info? We were told there are no bathtubs below Jr CP yet renderings show tubs in some PH/PS (Aquamarine/Sapphire) but the floor plans do not. It takes a TA hours on the phone to sort this out with inexperienced/not knowledgeable reservation agents; simply posting the correct information on their web site would save TAs and their reservations people hundred of hours of time on hold and asking questions to which no one seems to have an answer. Kind of like going to a nice restaurant and asking the source of the seafood or if it is fresh or frozen, the servers tend to be just that, servers, not people knowledgable of any detail, there to sell food and that's all. And my pet peeve, "it's fresh frozen" - it can't be both! But I digress, sorry. We wouldn't have to consider former room numbers if the actual and correct room info was on the web. It's very frustrating and if your TA has not been on the ships, it makes it doubly hard for them to get the right answer. We are withholding any reservations until this is all sorted out. We thought A&K would be on top of the game but apparently they are not, IMO.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, suzeluvscruz said:

Sorry to say, but wouldn't it be appropriate for Crystal to post ACCURATE stateroom info? We were told there are no bathtubs below Jr CP yet renderings show tubs in some PH/PS (Aquamarine/Sapphire) but the floor plans do not. It takes a TA hours on the phone to sort this out with inexperienced/not knowledgeable reservation agents; simply posting the correct information on their web site would save TAs and their reservations people hundred of hours of time on hold and asking questions to which no one seems to have an answer. Kind of like going to a nice restaurant and asking the source of the seafood or if it is fresh or frozen, the servers tend to be just that, servers, not people knowledgable of any detail, there to sell food and that's all. And my pet peeve, "it's fresh frozen" - it can't be both! But I digress, sorry. We wouldn't have to consider former room numbers if the actual and correct room info was on the web. It's very frustrating and if your TA has not been on the ships, it makes it doubly hard for them to get the right answer. We are withholding any reservations until this is all sorted out. We thought A&K would be on top of the game but apparently they are not, IMO.

I agree with you. While the reservation agents do know what room is what (classic, or not) it would save a lot of time having this on the deck plans.  I have been told they are working on this so that the deck plans will know for each room whether or not it is classic.  I am not sure the timeline for when this information will be updated but it is one of several items in the works.

Keith

7 hours ago, suzeluvscruz said:

Very wise move in the circumstances.

• Like 1

Are we confident that the old Seabreeze PH on Serenity Deck 10 forward have KEPT the external connector feature (like 10002 & 10006)?  (I.e., the shared entryway with a second set of front doors, if you get both suites.) 

The Crystal rep is telling my TA that feature was ripped out in 2018.  That is obviously wrong since it was ADDED in 2018.  But we can't get any confirmation from Crystal that the feature still exists, and obviously it is not indicated on the current deck plan.  

This question is specific to SYMPHONY Deck 8.  I have placed the Old vs New deckplans side by side, trying to line up the stairs, because I doubt they will move those.  They could more the laundries.  We liked the old B1s (forward of the small lifeboat on the attached graphic) and trying to find a similar room on the New plan.  

1.  Looks like they got rid of 2 of the lifeboats.  Is that the way you read it?  Perhaps reducing capacity allows them to do that.

2.  Any thoughts on specific rooms that would be similar to the B1s we liked?  This question is comparable to "which are the best limited view cabins" we used to share.

3.  Aft of the gold room (CP?), what do you think the colours are?  Some don't have cabin numbers, so don't know how you'd book them, or know what you got.

4.  Sorry the image is so small, but deckplans aren't the right shape for graphics, are they?!

OLD NEW deck 8.png

• Like 1

On 2/13/2023 at 4:14 PM, nnn said:

Are we confident that the old Seabreeze PH on Serenity Deck 10 forward have KEPT the external connector feature (like 10002 & 10006)?  (I.e., the shared entryway with a second set of front doors, if you get both suites.) 

The Crystal rep is telling my TA that feature was ripped out in 2018.  That is obviously wrong since it was ADDED in 2018.  But we can't get any confirmation from Crystal that the feature still exists, and obviously it is not indicated on the current deck plan.  

They are not doing anything to the rooms that are not being converted so one would have to ask why would they remove these.  It makes no sense.  The only thing I can say is see if there is someone your TA can go to.

Keith

19 minutes ago, crickette said:

This question is specific to SYMPHONY Deck 8.  I have placed the Old vs New deckplans side by side, trying to line up the stairs, because I doubt they will move those.  They could more the laundries.  We liked the old B1s (forward of the small lifeboat on the attached graphic) and trying to find a similar room on the New plan.  

1.  Looks like they got rid of 2 of the lifeboats.  Is that the way you read it?  Perhaps reducing capacity allows them to do that.

2.  Any thoughts on specific rooms that would be similar to the B1s we liked?  This question is comparable to "which are the best limited view cabins" we used to share.

3.  Aft of the gold room (CP?), what do you think the colours are?  Some don't have cabin numbers, so don't know how you'd book them, or know what you got.

4.  Sorry the image is so small, but deckplans aren't the right shape for graphics, are they?!

You did a great job with the graphic -- it was perfectly legible to me!  My take:

1 -- Yes, they are planning to remove two lifeboats to enhance those cabins, made feasible by the new capacity.

2 - I'd wait on this to see how the double veranda cabins plan out on the updated deck plans.  There aren't many of them, but there are some, and how they get graded in the end will determine the answer.

3 - The obstructed cabins without numbers are being removed from inventory at this point -- they may still (and likely will be) used for other purposes, like crew or contractors as they have in the past (often), but not sold to passengers like they once were.  The others are double window staterooms, but again I'd recommend waiting until the regrading to see exactly how these play out on the scale.  They may be a little lower because of the minor obstruction on either side of the window.

4 - You did well with the graphic, IMHO!

Does this help any?

Vince

Edited by BWIVince