Former Deck Plans

Keith1010

Thanks Vince.  But there is a part of me that lacks patience, and I would like to tell our TA which cabin to book.  I assume people are making specific requests, and not just category requests ... ???   If updated deckplans are coming soon, I can wait.  But if they are months off, not so much.  Also, thanks for the compliments on the graphic.  

9 minutes ago, crickette said:

Thanks Vince.  But there is a part of me that lacks patience, and I would like to tell our TA which cabin to book.  I assume people are making specific requests, and not just category requests ... ???   If updated deckplans are coming soon, I can wait.  But if they are months off, not so much.  Also, thanks for the compliments on the graphic.  

The agents have the info, just not graphically...  If you share your questions with your travel agent, Crystal's agent should be able to relay which cabins are available in which tiers, and since you have focused questions that shouldn't be a heavy lift.  Given the turnaround on the updated descriptions, I can't imagine we're months away from updated deck plans, but that said who knows what other plan changes/refinements the designers may be waiting to update in the next round, which might be holding those up.  🤷‍♂️ 

Vince

After struggling with itineraries; our first choice would have been Lisbon to Southampton in August, we have settled on Serenity in November. The itinerary is underwhelming and not in the least what we would normally choose but it coincides with an anniversary date and Miami/Miami makes an easy journey for us from Fort Lauderdale. Most of all, we just want to be back on one of our favorite ships one more time! So, here’s the question. The last time we were on Serenity in the Fall of 2019 we were in a PH. Not Seabreeze. We were very pleased with that room but could someone please help me identify those rooms now? Are they Aquamarine? We don’t want to make a mistake and end up reserving a Seabreeze on Serenity. Does anyone know room numbers for the current equivalent to the former PH? Would greatly appreciate any help. We have also enjoyed the Veranda category on Serenity as we thought those rooms afforded great storage for that size compared to a regular Veranda categories on other lines. Now, with the news the drawer space is being taken out in the desk area, that category is, unfortunately less appealing. Too bad Crystal is changing something that was really an asset in order to follow a trend. Bottom line, help needed, please in figuring out these deck plans so we can reserve what was PH on Serenity. Thanks in advance!

16 minutes ago, Ibis said:

After struggling with itineraries; our first choice would have been Lisbon to Southampton in August, we have settled on Serenity in November. The itinerary is underwhelming and not in the least what we would normally choose but it coincides with an anniversary date and Miami/Miami makes an easy journey for us from Fort Lauderdale. Most of all, we just want to be back on one of our favorite ships one more time! So, here’s the question. The last time we were on Serenity in the Fall of 2019 we were in a PH. Not Seabreeze. We were very pleased with that room but could someone please help me identify those rooms now? Are they Aquamarine? We don’t want to make a mistake and end up reserving a Seabreeze on Serenity. Does anyone know room numbers for the current equivalent to the former PH? Would greatly appreciate any help. We have also enjoyed the Veranda category on Serenity as we thought those rooms afforded great storage for that size compared to a regular Veranda categories on other lines. Now, with the news the drawer space is being taken out in the desk area, that category is, unfortunately less appealing. Too bad Crystal is changing something that was really an asset in order to follow a trend. Bottom line, help needed, please in figuring out these deck plans so we can reserve what was PH on Serenity. Thanks in advance!

They are the Aquamarine and the deck plan doesn't show what is tradition (old ph) and what is new but with the help of my old deck plan plus knowledge of what they are doing here goes.  They are not converting the PH's to newer suites.

For the Traditional PH.

On Serenity they are:

Deck 10 10036 to 10072 and 10035 to 10075 and 10078, 10082, 10081, 10083, 10086, 10090, 10087 and 1009.

Deck 11 11018 to 11024 and 11015 to 11021 and 11052 to 11082 and 11047 to 11059 and 11006 and 11008.

Keith

• Like 1

Thanks so much for your rapid reply and good information! Those numbers are very helpful. 
So I understand correctly that all Aquamarine are former PH ? And they are not newly renovated? 
Or are some of Aquamarine old PH and some Aquamarine are newly created? What category is the old Seabreeze now being sold as? Thanks again for those numbers. Hopefully, we will be able to book one tomorrow:-)

16 minutes ago, Ibis said:

Thanks so much for your rapid reply and good information! Those numbers are very helpful. 
So I understand correctly that all Aquamarine are former PH ? And they are not newly renovated? 
Or are some of Aquamarine old PH and some Aquamarine are newly created? What category is the old Seabreeze now being sold as? Thanks again for those numbers. Hopefully, we will be able to book one tomorrow:-)

You are welcome.

The Aquamarine include the former PH rooms, the former SH (Seabreeze equivalents of the PH) and the new suites and a couple of new ones they are creating on 9.

Similarly you have the Sapphire Veranda Suites which include the former PS, the former Seabreeze Equivalent and a bunch of new Sapphire Veranda Suites.

Keith

OK Thanks for the further explanation about which rooms are included in Aquamarine. We will be looking for those numbers you mentioned and also asking our TA to verify that the one we choose was formerly PH.  Many thanks and smooth sailing!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

They are the Aquamarine and the deck plan doesn't show what is tradition (old ph) and what is new but with the help of my old deck plan plus knowledge of what they are doing here goes.  They are not converting the PH's to newer suites.

For the Traditional PH.

On Serenity they are:

Deck 10 10036 to 10072 and 10035 to 10075 and 10078, 10082, 10081, 10083, 10086, 10090, 10087 and 1009.

Deck 11 11018 to 11024 and 11015 to 11021 and 11052 to 11082 and 11047 to 11059 and 11006 and 11008.

Keith

Above, do you mean 10091 instead of 1009? Thanks!

I don’t think I would go to the bank on the info about fewer drawers. Wasn’t it just a drawing? You may be right.

If you’re booking Nov. 2, so am I, and we usually choose Deck Seven. The very modest increase to get a veranda enticed us into 9049. By November, we’ll know about drawer space. I’ll adjust what I pack, if necessary. One extra trip to the guest laundry, plus I’m not particularly picky. Maybe I’ll just use some of my OBC to have Crystal launder some of my things!

I wish I lived as close as you do, Ibis! 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, May B said:

I don’t think I would go to the bank on the info about fewer drawers. Wasn’t it just a drawing? You may be right.

If you’re booking Nov. 2, so am I, and we usually choose Deck Seven. The very modest increase to get a veranda enticed us into 9049. By November, we’ll know about drawer space. I’ll adjust what I pack, if necessary. One extra trip to the guest laundry, plus I’m not particularly picky. Maybe I’ll just use some of my OBC to have Crystal launder some of my things!

I wish I lived as close as you do, Ibis! 

We are in 9034, see you onboard!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have booked 2 cruises, one on Symphony, one on Serenity.  In each case I asked my TA to get the most inexpensive cabin which has a bathtub.  On Symphony it's on 10; on Serenity it's on 11.  I'm hoping both have the drawers next to the desk/vanity.  Julia

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jinn said:

I have booked 2 cruises, one on Symphony, one on Serenity.  In each case I asked my TA to get the most inexpensive cabin which has a bathtub.  On Symphony it's on 10; on Serenity it's on 11.  I'm hoping both have the drawers next to the desk/vanity.  Julia

Julia, forgive me but this just doesn't make sense to me.

On Serenity it would be on decks 7, 8, 9 and not 10 or 11.  In fact, I don't think 11 would have anything which would meet your criteria.  On Symphony it should be lower decks versus Deck 10.  I am thinking 7, 8 in particular.

Keith

38 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

On Serenity it would be on decks 7, 8, 9 and not 10 or 11.  In fact, I don't think 11 would have anything which would meet your criteria.  On Symphony it should be lower decks versus Deck 10.  I am thinking 7, 8 in particular.

Keith

57 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Keith

Keith---I have to go with what my TA was told by the Crystal rep with whom she talked.  Bathtubs seem to be in short supply.  Julia

1 hour ago, Keith1010 said:

Keith

Keith, sadly the deck seven staterooms appear to have had their bathtubs turned into showers. I personally hope it isn’t true. Indeed, I think it makes no sense for them to be doing this needless work when they’re rushing beyond belief to get ready for first sail date.

I look forward to hearing what you find out, if you’re willing to consult your source with this question. 

4 minutes ago, Jinn said:

Keith---I have to go with what my TA was told by the Crystal rep with whom she talked.  Bathtubs seem to be in short supply.  Julia

Julia, maybe that is all that was left as I don't know what cruises you booked but if you want the lowest price rooms I would ask your TA to take another look for you. It costs you nothing and that is why you have a TA.

At the same time you did not mention what category you desire but on Serenity on Deck 11 it is all suites.  If you desire a suite with a bathtub I get it. There would be alot on Deck 11 and several on Deck 10 but if you wanted a standard room with a bathtub decks 9, 8, and 7 should be what your TA is looking for.

Again details as to the type of room you want would be helpful and I am just trying to help.

Keith

I just want a cabin with a bathtub.  Don't care if it's a suite or not.  If you look at the pictures on the website the cabins on 7, 8, and 9 all have showers only.  I'm sure they are lovely, new showers but I want a bathtub.   I did ask my TA to triple check and as soon as someone is on the ships sailing I will ask friends to go exploring to see if there are any of the old cabins left.  My favorites were 7096 and 7097.  Julia

4 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Keith

There are rooms on 10 on Serenity which are showing bathtubs. Check out the Aquamarine classic/2018 updates....unless you know for a fact that all tubs were removed......

Edited by suzeluvscruz

58 minutes ago, suzeluvscruz said:

There are rooms on 10 on Serenity which are showing bathtubs. Check out the Aquamarine classic/2018 updates....unless you know for a fact that all tubs were removed......

One cruise is a b2b2b and one is a b2b.  It could be that the cabins on 10 with tubs were taken on one segment since it is part of the WC.  Do you know which have tubs?  Thanks, Julia

1 hour ago, Jinn said:

One cruise is a b2b2b and one is a b2b.  It could be that the cabins on 10 with tubs were taken on one segment since it is part of the WC.  Do you know which have tubs?  Thanks, Julia

Serenity Deck 10 cabins with bathtubs should be the "Classic" design - i.e., those not renovated in 2018 into what were known then as "Seabreeze." 

We assume that equates to the old PH designation on the deck plan (midship cabins), although Crystal hasn't confirmed it:  https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/deckbydeck.php?ship=Crystal-Serenity&deck=10

6 hours ago, Jinn said:

I just want a cabin with a bathtub.  Don't care if it's a suite or not.  If you look at the pictures on the website the cabins on 7, 8, and 9 all have showers only.  I'm sure they are lovely, new showers but I want a bathtub.   I did ask my TA to triple check and as soon as someone is on the ships sailing I will ask friends to go exploring to see if there are any of the old cabins left.  My favorites were 7096 and 7097.  Julia

Julia, there are old rooms left such as some on deck 8 which have the combo bathtub shower.

On deck 10 all of the former PH suites have bathtubs and the same would be true of the former PH's on Deck 11.  They remain the same as they were.

So I think the question is what former staterooms rooms are open for your cruise.on other decks which are open. If none are open then the former PH would be the lowest price with the bathtub.

P.S. It's pretty easy for me to pick out former rooms not changed by looking at a former deck plan with the new one on line.

Keith

And if they would put it on the web site, we all would know! They could color code the floor plan, thus avoiding the daunting task of putting it out there for all to see on the web site. 🙄

Edited by suzeluvscruz
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Julia, there are old rooms left such as some on deck 8 which have the combo bathtub shower.

On deck 10 all of the former PH suites have bathtubs and the same would be true of the former PH's on Deck 11.  They remain the same as they were.

So I think the question is what former staterooms rooms are open for your cruise.on other decks which are open. If none are open then the former PH would be the lowest price with the bathtub.

P.S. It's pretty easy for me to pick out former rooms not changed by looking at a former deck plan with the new one on line.

Keith

Keith---Will you please list some of the numbers for these cabins on 8 and 10?  Many thanks, Julia