Why Doesn't Princess Publish A "Medallion App" Road Map?

Rick&Jeannie

Maybe I'm really "missing the boat"...but it just baffles me why Princess doesn't publish a "road map" to navigating the system using the Medallion App and what is needed to become "Green Lane".  There are even questions as to what Green Lane is!  We see so many questions from newbies and cruisers who are just coming back to sail with Princess that have not cruised since the advent of "the app".  Am I just unaware?  Does one actually exist?  (If so...it must not be very well publicized.  I've been all over the Princess site just so I can be familiar with my "go to" cruise line.  I hope I just haven't overlooked it!)

Dear Rick and Jeannie,

You are making a few inquiries into the age old question of why? 

The simple answer is:  Princess believes it is user friendly and intuitive.  

The fortunate answer is:  That there are so many cruise critic experts (and tech savvy posters) that most are able to navigate their way to the Green Lane.

IF...Princess produced a formal document to walk people through the app, THEN people would expect it to function as it was intended.

Case in point. I have done many cruises post covid.  I am in the Green Lane for my upcoming cruise.  In the past, I have been able to pick an arrival time 59 days out.  Still hitting the same button every day/sometimes twice a day with no success.  If there was a manual, and I referred to it, then found my answer in writing...I would hold Princess accountable.  

BTW...I get one rejection notice for one cruise and a DIFFERENT one for another cruise.  

Not going to happen.  You are on the trail of something good.  I am thankful that there are so many here that are helpful.

9 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Maybe I'm really "missing the boat"...but it just baffles me why Princess doesn't publish a "road map" to navigating the system using the Medallion App and what is needed to become "Green Lane".  

Would this be like the roadmap of the rollout of medallions, ship-by-ship, back in about 2018?

A long list, that princess kept adding to.

Which was complete fiction.

9 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Maybe I'm really "missing the boat"...but it just baffles me why Princess doesn't publish a "road map" to navigating the system using the Medallion App and what is needed to become "Green Lane".  There are even questions as to what Green Lane is!  We see so many questions from newbies and cruisers who are just coming back to sail with Princess that have not cruised since the advent of "the app".  Am I just unaware?  Does one actually exist?  (If so...it must not be very well publicized.  I've been all over the Princess site just so I can be familiar with my "go to" cruise line.  I hope I just haven't overlooked it!)

Who would update it?  Who would fix the glitches? 
Great idea though……but too logical……😝

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Potstech said:

Email, what email prior to what cruise.  Have never seen that one.

It's the final email before your cruise. For example, I'm on the 2/16 Discovery cruise, and I received this email yesterday. You have to actually click on the email, open it, and then click Pre-cruise checklist.

LOL! I guess I should come back and explain my posting a bit.  This was the forum posting equivalent of satire and "howling at the moon"!  Of course Princess is not going to come up with anything that is actually helpful...it won't do anything to generate revenue.  The core group here on CC (those that have been posting for several years) have become rather cynical towards Princess and the (questionable) actions/decisions that have been made during this time period.  (Don't get me wrong...I'm NOT out to TRASH Princess here...but I think most of you know what I'm talking about.)

12 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

The simple answer is:  Princess believes it is user friendly and intuitive.  

IF...Princess produced a formal document to walk people through the app, THEN people would expect it to function as it was intended.

Spot on!

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Who would update it?  Who would fix the glitches? 
Great idea though……but too logical……😝

Yes...given the myriad of issues that most of us have seen with the app itself...I firmly believe that any guide would be inaccurate right out of the gate!

I am quite certain that there are many relatively new CruiceCritic members (or those new to Princess) that have no idea what the rest of us have seen over the past 3 or 4 years.  They don't understand why we are so critical of John Padgett's "baby" (the app).

@SalishSea...Welcome to Cruise Critic!  As far as an email containing what you are referring to...I have never received this.  I've seen it on the website.  It falls far short of what is really needed by most first-timers.  We have been on 6 cruises since the restart.  Perhaps this email is something brand new?

Yes...my original post was meant in the vein of sarcasm.  It is very different from most of the types of posts that I make.  We'll just call it wishful sarcasm!  We can dream!

image.png.b487e016e0c96e68879cddfc73e9fc00.png

• Like 3

Our problem has usually been that everything is green before we reach port, then it all disappears when we try to board and we board the old way, showing all our paperwork.  I still print out everything, it has saved our bacon on numerous occasions and not just on cruises.  Recently had a pricy pre-paid stay at a hotel in Honolulu, got ready to check in and they had NOTHING.  If I wouldn't have had my printouts, I am sure they wouldn't have spent as much time trying to find us within their system.  Turned out they had put the reservation in my middle name, which I never gave them (just initial), so I am still baffled by that.