What Happened to the $59.95 Prestige Pkg Price if you Buy Before Boarding

cruisingxpert

5 minutes ago, Trying_It_All said:

It is on a page https://www.oceaniacruises.com/sites/default/files/2023-01/Oceania-Premier-Spirits-Menu.pdf ….are these premier categories included with the higher bev package?

93B3CDAB-CFA7-47A2-984D-8F7DCFDE69BD.png

Thanks for posting that! Curious to see if they have it on board Marina next week. I've never seen Blanton's or WR Double Oaked on board - I've only seen basic Woodford. But I'll be very happy if they do! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, samiam0403 said:

Curious to see if they have it on board Marina next week.

Please LMK! I was so excited when I saw that menu, but then began questioning whether there’s a semantic game here……premier vs prestige? Or, maybe I skip whiskey and find something else. I’m partial to Chopin vodka, which I don’t see listed, so I guess I’d have to taste test all the vodkas! 🤪

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trying_It_All said:

It is on a page https://www.oceaniacruises.com/sites/default/files/2023-01/Oceania-Premier-Spirits-Menu.pdf ….are these premier categories included with the higher bev package?

I'm pretty sure none of that is going to be on a drink package. I believe all of that is priced as marked, if you can find it. The best bet would probably be in Polo Grill. But $25 for a pour of 10 old Abelour, I don't think so. I can buy a 750 ml bottle for about $42 at our local store, it used to be about $30. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Trying_It_All said:

This was a poor choice of "sample menu" for O to post by the drink packages...very misleading (notice its title includes "premier", not "prestige"); these would be more likely available for a whiskey or scotch tasting event (for a fee).  A better link for the drink package would be https://www.oceaniacruises.com/sites/default/files/2023-01/Oceania-Grand-Bar-Menu.pdf for hard liquor examples.

Edited by AMHuntFerry
aaakkk "prestige" not "premium"...too many P-words!

• 1 month later...
On 3/27/2023 at 2:04 AM, Trying_It_All said:

Have just remembered to let you know how this went on Marina last month - these drinks are not included in any beverage package, and there is no discount. This drink menu was at Horizon's bar. I find it odd that Carnival includes Blanton's etc with their drink package, but O doesn't. (Don't flame me - I'm obviously not saying C is better than O in any way shape or form! 🤣)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, samiam0403 said:

Have just remembered to let you know how this went on Marina last month - these drinks are not included in any beverage package, and there is no discount. This drink menu was at Horizon's bar. I find it odd that Carnival includes Blanton's etc with their drink package, but O doesn't. (Don't flame me - I'm obviously not saying C is better than O in any way shape or form! 🤣)

I appreciate the heads up. I too am disappointed that you can't pay the up charge with the drink package. That's annoying, but better to know up front. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, samiam0403 said:

Did they actually have Blantons? On our Marina cruise, ending 3/19, they had neither Blantons, Knobb Creek, nor any higher end bourbon at any price in any venue. Maybe they restocked in Miami??

6 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Did they actually have Blantons? On our Marina cruise, ending 3/19, they had neither Blantons, Knobb Creek, nor any higher end bourbon at any price in any venue. Maybe they restocked in Miami??

They did. Marina was definitely restocked, as there were some beverages unavailable on boarding day that I was told hadn't been brought up to the bars yet. Those beverages were available on day 2. 

8 hours ago, samiam0403 said:

Thank you for following up! That’s disappointing, but good to know in advance. Too bad one of the 750 ml bottles can’t be a spirit. I guess I’ll be experimenting to find an included spirit that I like!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ORV said:

Not sure what you mean?

My bad for not completing my thought. I was thinking it’s too bad they don’t allow spirits in the wine allocation we’re allowed to bring onboard. I’d be inclined to bring a nice single malt or bourbon along with a couple of bottles of wine.

You can bring your wine and a bottle of Single Malt aboard. You can also pick up your Single Malt at a port along the way if you choose.  The only thing about bringing your own beer, wine and spirits aboard, please drink them in your Stateroom. We always bring wine aboard or other beverages but we likewise always pay our Corkage fees because we do not want to see this privilege cancelled by Oceania. 
Enjoy your cruise,

Mauibabes

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Trying_It_All said:

My bad for not completing my thought. I was thinking it’s too bad they don’t allow spirits in the wine allocation we’re allowed to bring onboard. I’d be inclined to bring a nice single malt or bourbon along with a couple of bottles of wine.

If you want to bring spirits for your in cabin use  it is ok

When I read the postings  on this subject and there have been many over the years , I am astonished at what people will do to save a couple of quid, in the grand scheme of things if you go on a a cruise like this why on earth would you sit in your cabin to drink , it’s hardly fun . People will say oh I like sitting on the balcony having a drink , I only like the wine / spirits I bring with me ,I can’t afford the cruise unless I do this , no it’s because they are to mean to buy a drink , some people even try to sneak there own wine poured into the dining room, the same as the free drinks at the on board functions, thinking no one will notice them !!  bah humbug 😡😡

Edited by Rosroz
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rosroz said:

When I read the postings  on this subject and there have been many over the years , I am astonished at what people will do to save a couple of quid, in the grand scheme of things if you go on a a cruise like this why on earth would you sit in your cabin to drink , it’s hardly fun . People will say oh I like sitting on the balcony having a drink , I only like the wine / spirits I bring with me ,I can’t afford the cruise unless I do this , no it’s because they are to mean to buy a drink , some people even try to sneak there own wine poured into the dining room, the same as the free drinks at the on board functions, thinking no one will notice them !!  bah humbug 😡😡

Oh that's nothing. Talk to people who work at Starbucks, there are people who will bring their own black coffee into the cafe and then help themselves to the free cream and sugar. Some people have no class or taste but that's life, folks!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rosroz said:

... I am astonished at what people will do to save a couple of quid, in the grand scheme of things if you go on a a cruise like this why on earth would you sit in your cabin to drink , it’s hardly fun . People will say oh I like sitting on the balcony having a drink , I only like the wine / spirits I bring with me ,I can’t afford the cruise unless I do this , no it’s because they are to mean to buy a drink...

Really, you think these prices over even a ten day cruise are "a couple of quid"? Then you must think everyone is made of money. The CRUISE isn't the only cost. See also airfare, excursions, etc. But take our upcoming 20 night B2B on Riviera in Oct-Nov. The drinks package would add nearly 40% to the "cruise only" price of our fare (in B3 and A3 cabins, from the Extraordinary Savings Sale). So, yes, we bring our own alcohol and yes, we enjoy having a couple drinks on our veranda before we go to bed. Because we cruise for excursions in interesting places. And we're not made of money.

And not a thing wrong with that, MEF.  I'm not sure there is a person on this board with unlimited financial resources.  Every single one of us has to decide what is important to us and make those decisions accordingly.  No one should be derided for how they choose to spend their hard earned money.

Have a great cruise. 

Edited by WayneLaR

3 minutes ago, WayneLaR said:

And not a thing wrong with that, MEF.  I'm not sure there is a person on this board with unlimited financial resources.  Every single one of us has to decide what is important to us and make those decisions accordingly.  No one should be derided for how they choose to spend their hard earned money.

Have a great cruise. 

That includes those that choose to buy the drink packages  or just  buy  drinks in the bars  🤔

And for people NEW to O, they just need to know up front that they can bring their own alcohol on board, if they so choose. Whether beer, hard liquor or wine, including at ports, to drink in their own cabin, or pay the $25 corkage fee just for wine. No one should feel forced to purchase alcohol from O, unless they want to buy some or all of their alcohol from them.

No I don’t think these price of a cruise are a couple of quid , I fully appreciate that not everyone is wealthy , myself included and for many people a cruise is a once in a lifetime holiday to be enjoyed and not everyone can afford to buy the  drinks on board, but it’s those that can and seem to enjoy and publish their little money saving tricks !!
What don’t like is the way people BRAG about not spending any money on a cruise likes it’s something to be proud of , it’s their smug attitude , giving advise on posts on CC on how to sneak drinks from their cabin into the dining room, what you can buy on Amazon to store sprits inside your case etc etc…. I find the whole thing distasteful.

I’ll say no more on the subject, happy cruising peeps

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rosroz said:

... giving advise on posts on CC on how to sneak drinks from their cabin into the dining room...I find the whole thing distasteful.

I hope we all AGREE that sneaking alcohol out of your cabin is reprehensible. There is no reason to do that. And, most importantly, it jeopardizes O's generous alcohol policy for all of us.

• Like 2

On 5/6/2023 at 12:21 PM, MEFIowa said:

I hope we all AGREE that sneaking alcohol out of your cabin is reprehensible. There is no reason to do that. And, most importantly, it jeopardizes O's generous alcohol policy for all of us.

Constantly posting about it probably adds to that jeopardy also.