What Happened to the $59.95 Prestige Pkg Price if you Buy Before Boarding

cruisingxpert

I was checking the prestige beverage package a few weeks ago and saw that if I purchase it before boarding it would be $59.95 a day.  Just went to my account today and it is $69.95 a day with no mention of the $59.95.  I also searched on the site under Beverages packages and nada about the buy before boarding offer.

2 minutes ago, WESTEAST said:

Checked FAQ and no info re purchasing before boarding only when onboard:  updated 9 Feb now $69.95.

image.thumb.png.99dd1cc9b2e12020386d27225e715cf4.png

You're right that it has disappeared from every section but it was there last week.  I know some who purchased the pkg at $59.95 and Orv and I both went to our accounts and added it to our cart.  I didn't follow through and I don't think he did either.

28 minutes ago, WESTEAST said:

Checked FAQ and no info re purchasing before boarding only when onboard:  updated 9 Feb now $69.95.

I do not think you could ever upgrade from O life  deal to the Prestige package  before you board the ship

You can purchase either package  outright  before boarding

58 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

Update

After being given multiple answers over a 3 hour period, I am happy to report that my great travel agent got the package for me at the price that has been advertised up until days ago.

Wonderful news and cheers to a great TA!

• Like 2

It sounds like I hear a need for a CHEER for Great Travel Agents and the benefits they bring to the table. Those of us who have those well connected and outstanding TA’s are just more fortunate than others I guess. Probably Oceania Connoisseurs Club Member too.  Congrats Cruisingexpert. We just got off Marina and the drink prices across the board are higher so it is not surprising that the Package prices have increased.  Still a good value if you enjoy a few drinks during the day and some wine with dinner and perhaps an after dinner drink at a show.

Enjoy,

Mauibabes 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

Update

After being given multiple answers over a 3 hour period, I am happy to report that my great travel agent got the package for me at the price that has been advertised up until days ago.

post #2

isn't  this why we have TA's  to handle the problems  😉

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

They technically changed it as of the 1st sailings after the New Year.  It was publicized on the ship.

Obviously their slow to move internet department could not keep up.

The prices did change on Jan 1st but they also posted this around the same time and I know several people who took advantage of it.  This is what you would have seen up to a few days ago

Posted Jan 6

After receiving different answers from Oceania reps, my TA contacted her Oceania Business Development Manager and they confirmed what you were told - $30 pp pd before you board to upgrade and $40 if you do it on the ship. Here's their reply:

Here is the accurate information reflecting the price changes with the drinks package

Advance Purchase (Prior to Sailing)
$29.95 per guest, per day – House Select
$59.95 per guest, per day – Prestige Select

Onboard Purchase
$39.95 per guest, per day – House Select
$69.95 per guest, per day – Prestige Select

That was on the site and just disappeared in the past few days

Just to clarify, now there is no advantage to purchase in advance either beverage package. Whether pre cruise or on board the price is the same: $39.95 or $69.95 per day assuming one did NOT select the Olife beverage option. Correct??

4 minutes ago, Dwtlion said:

Just to clarify, now there is no advantage to purchase in advance either beverage package. Whether pre cruise or on board the price is the same: $39.95 or $69.95 per day assuming one did NOT select the Olife beverage option. Correct??

Their discount for booking before getting on board has disappeared so you are correct;  there is no advantage now to buying the package prior to boarding.

13 hours ago, Dwtlion said:

Who's to say you don't get on the ship and have a higher price?! Maybe not this month, or maybe? These things are never consistent anywhere!

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to determine which spirits are included in the Prestige package? For example, Woodford Reserve and Blanton’s are each on menus at $25/pour.

I’m trying to decide if I want the Prestige package or not. I could foresee a couple of glasses of wine with dinner and a cocktail or two at the show. Likely some by the pool on at sea days? 

4 hours ago, Trying_It_All said:

Is there a way to determine which spirits are included in the Prestige package? For example, Woodford Reserve and Blanton’s are each on menus at $25/pour.

I’m trying to decide if I want the Prestige package or not. I could foresee a couple of glasses of wine with dinner and a cocktail or two at the show. Likely some by the pool on at sea days? 

Woodford is definitely included - at least it was in December, I should say. But it isn't listed anywhere I've seen for $25. And also wondering where you saw Blanton's? I will be an exceedingly happy camper if O has started carrying it!

The Marina had neither Blantons, Woodford Reserve, or Knob Creek aboard. A little Buffalo Trace and Jack Daniels were left. They were waiting until Miami to see what was restocked.

If one is considering upgrading, I would recommend going to both Martinis and Horizons and inquiring about what is actually in stock on your cruise. For favorites also perhaps how much is present.

Oceania doesn’t change alcohol lists often. For example, several of the wines on the “ Bin End” list had been sold out for quite some time even upon boarding. The wine by the glass menu might sound impressive, but in several instances it wasn’t what they were pouring and hadn’t been for quite some time according to the wine stewards.

Buyer Beware. Get a feel for what’s actually available, not what some possibly outdated list says.

• Like 1