Check in during passport renewal process

Check in opens today, and my passport is in the process of being renewed. What is the best course of action here? Do I check in using my old passport info? ( I have a photocopy of it.)  If so, do I need to update it when I get the new passport?

I thought I saw a similar thread on this recently, but can't seem to locate it now.

Thanks

You could input old passport info for check in then update when you receive new passport, but if current one has already expired system may not accept it.

Or select the option to check in with birth certificate and driver's license then update when you get your new passport.

• Like 1

Just check "birth certificate" to fill in form. 

When your new passport comes, go back in to edit and enter the new passport number.  I did that once when I forgot to bring my passport when staying in Maine for the summer.  Was easy peasy to just go back in to edit when I got home.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Just check "birth certificate" to fill in form. 

When your new passport comes, go back in to edit and enter the new passport number.  I did that once when I forgot to bring my passport when staying in Maine for the summer.  Was easy peasy to just go back in to edit when I got home.  

Happened to me too.  This is the right answer.  

I had actually accepted that my passport wasn't going to arrive (even though my husband's passport, submitted the same day) had been in-hand for more than a month.  I had filled in "birth certificate" and had it ready to go in my backpack.  I had literally just put the suitcases in the trunk and went to check the mail -- my passport had arrived.  My husband was yelling, "Luck of the Irish!"  

I forgot to change "birth certificate" to "passport" and they --rightly -- questioned me about it in the terminal, but it wasn't a problem, as I had the documents to show.  They laughed about the timing too.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAKCRUISERS said:

If the renewed passport does not arrive, will RCCL let us board with only a birth certificate and government ID?

Yes, unless you are on an itinerary which requires a passport.

Edited by Biker19