Can I cancel an excursion online or do I need to call?

cruiseat50

I have tried looking for a way to cancel an NCL excursion for our upcoming cruise but I can't see anywhere on the website to do that.  I will call tomorrow if there is no way to do it but would rather not have to call.  Will the charge just go back to my card or will they give me obc?

unless the excursion is on  the 1st day after departure, you are allowed to cancel an excursion 48 hrs prior. otherwise it's probably best to call, speak with someone, cancel through hem, and get an email confirmation of the cancelation.

personally, i'd rather get the money back on my card rather than an obc, but that's probably just me.

1 hour ago, cruiseat50 said:

I have tried looking for a way to cancel an NCL excursion for our upcoming cruise but I can't see anywhere on the website to do that.  I will call tomorrow if there is no way to do it but would rather not have to call.  Will the charge just go back to my card or will they give me obc?

The NCL website does not provide you the ability to cancel Shore Excursions, Dining Reservations, or any other pre-purchased items like Royal and other cruise lines. You need to call the general reservation number to make that change. Cancellations done pre-departure will be refunded to original form of payment. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

You need to call the general reservation number to make that change.

No need to call the general reservation number. You can call the shorex dept directly:

866-625-1167

It’s truly absurd that shorex reservations can’t be cancelled on the web site. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

No need to call the general reservation number. You can call the shorex dept directly:

866-625-1167

It’s truly absurd that shorex reservations can’t be cancelled on the web site. 

Thanks!  I was going to call today but got busy with things so will call tomorrow.  I think it's crazy too unless they want to talk me out of it. 😉

Do they really only issue OBC if you cancel onboard?  I was hoping I could "cancel" some of my prebooked (with my CC) excursions and then immediately rebook them with my OBC. 

As an aside,the only downside with all these big all inclusive packages is it gets to be tough even finding things to use OBC on.  I am prepaying my gratuities to save on the 20% price increase.....I think we can still buy CruiseNext with all forms of OBC right?

19 minutes ago, pghflyer said:

I think we can still buy CruiseNext with all forms of OBC right?

Just bought CNs on the Gem using the nonrefundable OBC you get for buying the CNs. The OBC offset half the purchase price.  NCL should just simplify the whole thing and offer two $250 CN certificates for a total of $250.   

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pghflyer said:

Do they really only issue OBC if you cancel onboard?  I was hoping I could "cancel" some of my prebooked (with my CC) excursions and then immediately rebook them with my OBC. 

If you cancel on board, you are issued refundable OBC.  You can use it to book another excursion, but keep in mind it might be sold out by then. 

• Like 1

Agreed the CN pricing is unnecessarily confusing and likely costs them purchases.  Get $500 for $250? Done.

I just thought I read that NCL stopped allowing the remaining $250 cost (of an example $500 purchase) to be paid with NON refundable OBC.

Since the OBC would be refundable, you can use it to pay for CN certificates.  Also, no need to worry about spending the credit though.  You can simply get the cash if you don't spend it all.  You have to go get the cash, they will not put it back on your credit card 

20 hours ago, pghflyer said:

Keep in mind that if the excursion is sold out and popular, there may be a waiting list for it and you would risk being sent to the back of the line...

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Like 1