Breakfast room service menu

oskidunker

What are the things not to order? How is the ham and cheese omelet? Is it a true omelet cooked in a pan or done on the grill? I usually would just order a chocolate croissant and a bowl of strawberries. If I write in Strawberries, will I get it? Oceana did it. Princess used to. 

1 hour ago, oskidunker said:

What are the things not to order? How is the ham and cheese omelet? Is it a true omelet cooked in a pan or done on the grill? I usually would just order a chocolate croissant and a bowl of strawberries. If I write in Strawberries, will I get it? Oceana did it. Princess used to. 

Ham and cheese omelette is not very good.  Had it a couple times, most likely liquid egg used, sparse cheese, usually just ate the ham.

We have some very early tour starts on our cruise, 6 am on the dock. Would room service be available from say 5.15am (ship tours leaving at this early hour as well) and is it reliable as to time? Likely it would just be cereal fruit and tea 

19 minutes ago, Pushka said:

We have some very early tour starts on our cruise, 6 am on the dock. Would room service be available from say 5.15am (ship tours leaving at this early hour as well) and is it reliable as to time? Likely it would just be cereal fruit and tea 

I have never used it for breakfast, but I believe you can get eggs, toast, bacon, sausage plus cereal and sweets. I think I saw a YouTube video where someone ordered a full English breakfast. Hope someone answers your question. 
Looks like 6:00 is the earliest…

89A0E92F-B551-4271-9D03-9D6F588E6B92.jpeg

Edited by Iloveketo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, KBs mum said:

Proper full English is not available. The best on offer is a US carbonised streaky bacon, overcooked egg, black pudding and fried bread free thing

Just going by what an English YouTuber said on one of his videos. Sorry you obviously didn’t care for it. Hope Viking has something for breakfast that you enjoy.
If I eat breakfast, my favorite is the steak at the Restaurant with I believe it is called the Creole omelet. 

6 minutes ago, Iloveketo said:

Just going by what an English YouTuber said on one of his videos. Sorry you obviously didn’t care for it. Hope Viking has something for breakfast that you enjoy.
If I eat breakfast, my favorite is the steak at the Restaurant with I believe it is called the Creole omelet. 

I am British, Viking cooked breakfasts are good by US standards, but average by British standards. Full English as known by greasy spoon/transport cafe/hotel restaurant/ reasonable chain food place is not available. Full Scottish/Welsh is a completely unknown phenomenon

Edited by KBs mum
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Iloveketo said:

I have never used it for breakfast, but I believe you can get eggs, toast, bacon, sausage plus cereal and sweets. I think I saw a YouTube video where someone ordered a full English breakfast. Hope someone answers your question. 

Thankyou for that. I'm hoping that as Viking offers 13 hour excursions in several ports (Middle East, distant ports to the sights) that their hours will change. Pretty much everyone will be off the ship by 8am and not back until 7pm. 

If it isn't, maybe off topic, rather than go with the masses all at once trying to get an early breakfast, assuming breakfast venues open early, maybe grab some late night pastries and hot water to make our own in the morning? Any other suggestions? Thinking the only other cruises like this is Passage to India (the reverse of our itinerary) and the world cruises. 

Screenshot_20230219_220706.thumb.jpg.6a9d3a49cfae5a9f2edd80900868dcf5.jpg

11 minutes ago, KBs mum said:

I am British, Viking cooked breakfasts are good by US standards, but average by British standards. Full English as known by greasy spoon/transport cafe/hotel restaurant/ reasonable chain food place is not available. Full Scottish/Welsh is a completely unknown phenomenon

The picture is of an 'OK' large full English, likely to cost £10-20 depending where in the country you are 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KBs mum said:

The picture is of an 'OK' large full English, likely to cost £10-20 depending where in the country you are 

Wow! That’s a lot of food! I eat a 6 ounce steak and 2 fried eggs at least 5 times a week for breakfast. The only place I can get that is in the Restaurant on Viking. Unfortunately, my husband prefers the made to order omelets at the World Cafe. This looks very interesting. It looks like it has mushrooms. I would love to have them in addition to my normal breakfast. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pushka said:

We have some very early tour starts on our cruise, 6 am on the dock. Would room service be available from say 5.15am

We had an early departure from the ship a few weeks ago and the form we had in our room for breakfast was slightly different to the one posted above. There was a section to write in "other time" We wrote in 5 - 5.15 and our order arrived promptly the next morning, a few minutes after 5 am.

Room service is available 24 hours so I am sure you could simply write on the order form the time that you require - maybe with a phone call to room service the evening before just to confirm. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Iloveketo said:

89A0E92F-B551-4271-9D03-9D6F588E6B92.jpeg

I have never ordered room service breakfast but two thoughts: since excursions on your cruise are very early I imagine they will allow for early ordering; and isn’t room service supposed to be 24 hours anyway?

Picking up scones from Winter Garden at tea time is also a good plan for breakfast—coupled with a fruit/cheese plate ordered from room service the night before. Do coffee/tea in your room or slip out to the WC where it’s available 24/7.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, photopro2 said:

We had an early departure from the ship a few weeks ago and the form we had in our room for breakfast was slightly different to the one posted above. There was a section to write in "other time" We wrote in 5 - 5.15 and our order arrived promptly the next morning, a few minutes after 5 am.

Room service is available 24 hours so I am sure you could simply write on the order form the time that you require - maybe with a phone call to room service the evening before just to confirm. 

Brilliant. Thankyou. Just needs a bit of planning. We have two early mornings in a row. Safaga and Agaba. Bucket list stops. 

Edited by Pushka
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Pushka said:

Thankyou for that. I'm hoping that as Viking offers 13 hour excursions in several ports (Middle East, distant ports to the sights) that their hours will change. Pretty much everyone will be off the ship by 8am and not back until 7pm. 

If it isn't, maybe off topic, rather than go with the masses all at once trying to get an early breakfast, assuming breakfast venues open early, maybe grab some late night pastries and hot water to make our own in the morning? Any other suggestions? Thinking the only other cruises like this is Passage to India (the reverse of our itinerary) and the world cruises. 

If you are doing an Ocean cruise.

Grabbing something before going to bed sounds like a good idea. All rooms, but the Veranda category have coffee makes. 

I think you might be able to get a muffin/danish and a hot beverage at the living room bar on deck one before 6:00. Hopefully, someone else can offer more help. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Iloveketo said:

If you are doing an Ocean cruise.

Grabbing something before going to bed sounds like a good idea. All rooms, but the Veranda category have coffee makes. 

I think you might be able to get a muffin/danish and a hot beverage at the living room bar on deck one before 6:00. Hopefully, someone else can offer more help. 

Yes. It's an Ocean cruise and the large ports are three hours drive from the Valley of the Kings in Egypt and Petra in Jordan. And then Port Said and Cairo in Egypt. Then there's Haifa and Bethlehem.  I'm thinking the crew will enjoy several days having the ship to themselves for pretty much all of the day. 

Edited by Pushka
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KBs mum said:

The full English is known in many quarters as the “heart attack on a plate.” I’ll pass, thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, broker1217 said:

If the excursions are leaving at 6 AM, I would ask Guest Services about options.

What does the excursion include for food? Lunch only, snacks?

We always bring a couple protein bars when we travel, that would tide you over until lunch. 

As it's ship wide I'd expect there is a plan to open early. But will be very busy.  I'll update in a couple of months. Lunch is included on all the long excursions. I did read that Viking had set up booths outside the ship on disembarkation to collect various snacks and drinks with a box, on these all day excursions but this was on the world cruise and they might be special. 

Edited by Pushka