Breakfast room service menu

oskidunker

On 2/19/2023 at 10:02 PM, cruz_happy said:

Since we are talking breakfast and since I am new to Viking, does anyone know if they serve grits anywhere on the ships?  (I’m from South USA.).  TYIA 

We grew up in the South as well (Louisiana), where properly-cooked grits are an excellent part of a breakfast. They weren't on the menu last time we did an ocean cruise though; sadly, too many non-southern restaurants make watery grits, which is awful. 

For me, jalapeño cheese grits and a pair of eggs over easy makes for a great meal; at home, I put freshly-cooked grits in a bowl, then fry a pair of eggs and lay them on top of the grits. There was a little diner in Nashville where you could pop in and get that to go. True Southern food.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

Clay - we will do the same when we board Saturn June 7, re: pistachio rolls!

in response to

Clay >> I hope anyone who likes them or wants to try them will ask about them and request them from the Restaurant Manager and the Executive Chef.    

This is my plan when we board Saturn in July if they aren’t in the case waiting on me.

OK. The People Have Spoken.    

I just had a vision of all these bright happy faces picketing the outside of Viking Ocean headquarters with Placards that read, "Pistachio Rolls, a must!"   "Pistachio Rolls, or bust!" 

Sometimes, it really is the little things.  

@Heidi13  Do you have a god-level connection within the Viking C-suite we could send a Pistachio Roll petition to? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SempreMare said:

in response to

Clay >> I hope anyone who likes them or wants to try them will ask about them and request them from the Restaurant Manager and the Executive Chef.    

This is my plan when we board Saturn in July if they aren’t in the case waiting on me.

I just had a vision of all these bright happy faces picketing the outside of Viking Ocean headquarters with Placards that read, "Pistachio Rolls, a must!"   "Pistachio Rolls, or bust!" 

@Heidi13  Do you have a god-level connection within the Viking C-suite we could send a Pistachio Roll petition to? 

Sorry, don't know anyone at that level😁

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SempreMare said:

in response to

I decided I would hate for TellUs to claim ignorance of this critical issue so below is a screenshot of an email I sent this morning😂

D3215EAF-1B0B-4C6D-AB04-6C6582901CE8.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Just so they know there's at least 1 person in addition to Clay who wants to experience the pistachio rolls :-).   Now n = 2 (n as in data points)

Tellus@vikingcruises.com

Dear Viking, 

I will be sailing with you soon on
Viking Homelands -  Viking Jupiter May 1 - 15, Stockholm to Bergen 

Is it possible for you to ask the Executive Chef of that voyage to make available 2 desserts on that voyage

1) Viking's famous pistachio raisin buns
Most recently this one.  I am so curious about them. 

2) Russian Medovik cake  
Russian honey / cardamom? cake with a cream cheese frosting
Served on:
Sept 22, 2022 , World Cafe, Lunch
Viking Mars, British Isles Explorer
while in or near ⁨Kirkwall⁩, ⁨Scotland⁩, ⁨United Kingdom⁩
One of my favorite cakes ever.  

Russian Medovik cake photo.jpg

REquest to Viking.jpg

• Like 6