Once a day Cleaning Morning or Evening?

molly361

Once a day Room Service Morning or Evening?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Once a day service Which do you pick Morning or Evening

• Morning
    • Evening

3 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

Does anyone have info on how this works with kids in the room?

We usually have the sofa turned into a bed for the kids to sleep on,  at night with lots of pillows and blankets, and then turned back into the sofa so we have a place to sleep during the day.

Do you have to leave it a bed 24/7 now??

Close it yourself, they'll reassemble it at night

• Like 1

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Ypu know it takes about two minutes to put that bed away. Toss bedding in corner. Steward will put it back all nice and tidy at night

True unfortunately dd has ocd so that doesn’t help. Plus my back issues and arthritis make it hard for me to do it. Unfortunately I feel like I’m falling apart at the seams! 

Edited by Spurschick
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/19/2023 at 5:44 PM, taglovestocruise said:

Ditto, nice to come back after dinner to a clean fresh room.  Hate to come back from a late breakfast and see the cart outside our door. 

Exactly how I feel.  If given the choice, it will be evening for us.  We are out for a longer time in the evening.  

• Like 1

On 2/20/2023 at 1:04 PM, John&LaLa said:

Seems to me they'll get more money since they are getting more cabins to clean

You would not believe the line at GS on Voyager the last few weeks out of PR of pax removing their gratuities.  They justify this by stating "I only eat in the WJ".   They are probably the ones that you walk by their open cabin door and notice it looks like a bomb went off in there.   I have asked cabin attendants "how do you clean around that mess"?  😮 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Just off a B2B on Oasis and had our fab room steward sort room x2 a day. 

If we had to pick i would go for a morning slot. But dau would still want the towel animals.

We never received one single towel animal on the B2B2B Voyager we just disembarked from...did not bother me.  

That ship was still on twice daily cleaning, but was to change next month.  

21 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Towel animals is a cruise tradition that may soon disappear. 

Replaced by those stupid ducks 😉

I liked not having towel animals on Voyager, and did not miss it.  IMHO, it's a waste of their already frenzied time to clean the cabin, and with going to once daily and more cabins....yikes. 

• Like 4

Just now, island lady said:

Cabin attendants don't like it either.  

I blame the bean counters at RCG. Three things we have always requested on the first day when we first meet our cabin attendant.  Extra hangers (never enough for us especially doing B2Bs), ice twice a day and no towel critters. Going forward we'll add, extra towels and the Cruise Compass. We always keep our cabin tidy. Agree with your post about those that don't. The cabin attendants don't get paid enough for those cabins and that's where they have to spend most of their time. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I blame the bean counters at RCG. Three things we have always requested on the first day when we first meet our cabin attendant.  Extra hangers (never enough for us especially doing B2Bs), ice twice a day and no towel critters. Going forward we'll add, extra towels and the Cruise Compass. We always keep our cabin tidy. Agree with your post about those that don't. The cabin attendants don't get paid enough for those cabins and that's where they have to spend most of their time. 

I have given up trying to find someone for the extra hangers.  I like hanging my clothes as soon as I get the bags.  A dozen or so light weight plastic hangers gets tossed into both of our bags, and I even take pants hangers now.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, island lady said:

Exactly how I feel.  If given the choice, it will be evening for us.  We are out for a longer time in the evening.  

Just the opposite for us. We are usually out for many hours on shore during the day but come and go during the evening.

Edited by time4u2go

27 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Perhaps I missed something, has this taken effect on all the RCI fleet? Or specifically the Voyager and Adventure that's coming up.

Not yet on Voyager we just disembarked from on Sunday, but cabin attendant told me it was to start next month.  

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, island lady said:

You would not believe the line at GS on Voyager the last few weeks out of PR of pax removing their gratuities.  They justify this by stating "I only eat in the WJ".   They are probably the ones that you walk by their open cabin door and notice it looks like a bomb went off in there.   I have asked cabin attendants "how do you clean around that mess"?  😮 

No one knows what the people in line are there for. You are making assumptions that quite possibly are unfounded.

• Like 2

Just now, island lady said:

Not yet on Voyager we just disembarked from on Sunday, but cabin attendant told me it was to start next month.  

OH boy!!!! that's good information to know Island lady seeing that we'll be doing that 7 nighter from San Juan the middle of March.  lots of posts to read up on here . Thanks for your reply.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, time4u2go said:

Just the opposite for us. We are usually out for many hours on shore but come and go during the evening.

I don't like coming back to the cabin after breakfast and having to find a place to sit somewhere while with the attendant in there.  It happens more often than not.  

We don't leave the ship until well after the masses do.  

• Like 1