2/20: Changes, Price Increases, etc. MEGATHREAD

talkorpi

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

How do you feel? 😳

I grabbed like 10 Crystal Geyser water bottles to keep my momentum going haha

The only drink that was absolutely undrinkeable was the Paloma Caliente ($14). I took one sip and had to discard it.  That's the benefit of the package: I can try all the drinks I want!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Coral said:

Someone did post that it is $60 per day for Plus and one could use OBC. Their cruise did depart on the 20th. Not sure about individual drinks though. It is post #51 on this thread.

They said they made the upgrade 'on the phone' I assume that means the Medallion App, would be nice to have clarification since it has to be done on embarkation day and things can be busy.

On 2/22/2023 at 5:57 AM, JimmyVWine said:

Most cruises were already underway on Monday and they aren't going to raise prices in the middle of an existing cruise. 

We watched the sushi prices and menu change mid-cruise on on Jan 31 2023 cruise.  They got rid of my favorite roll, mid-cruise and I was sad.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I thought the increases were effective Feb 20th?  🤔 

4 hours ago, justafem said:

Well, not for sushi!  

The Great Sushi Caper lives entirely outside of the Plus Package.  Apples and oranges. Er.....Fish and Grapes.

• Haha 5

Ok they've almost convinced me to try Princess Plus to Hawaii as I will have 2 long sea times (6 days between ports). And they've eliminated the coffee pkg. When I price it out its only $27.50 more now. But then it states drinks only up to $15. If I choose to have 1, how much is a regular glass of rose or a mimosa? 

And no. I don't do fitness classes here / those extra desserts are too processed sugar laden for me / do I get the medallion mailed (not a biggee)?

• Like 1

This was sent to my travel agent from Princess.

The following items that are available to pre order by the guest either thru the APP or 

Cruise personilizer under Onboard services at this time are the drink packages  (Plus and Premier) ,

Canned soda package and the water package ( pre order only—Pre Cruise Exclusive).

The Coffee only for 15 coffees  a day has been discontinued from 02/19/2023.

Guests can call in with Princess EZ Air, Shore Excursion and special service items ( after final ) that does not include the financials of the bookings.

• Flowers-----base on the ship and if available have to call in or order onboard. ( guest can call if using a credit card as a third party purchase) we can advise if flowers are available on that vessel.
  • Wi-fi Packages------guest can purchase on the app or purchase onboard( in app it is under Medallion net under checklist  and the guest can choose their package—Plat / Elite members get the discount when pay at check out)
  • Most beverage packages ( currently only Princess PPLUS or Premier to be purchased in cruise personlizer—The best packages are the ones on the promotion for PPLUS and Premier- Better savings and comes with crew appreciation and other amenities. 
  • NEW--We have a Zero -Alcohol package that took over the soda and coffee package—this can be purchased onboard or call in .
  • Classic soda package can be purchased onboard or call in
  • Water—can be pre purchased through app or cruise personlizer.

We highly recommend for guests to add the special service packages ala carte items like classic soda packages, flowers, crew appreciation  to be added to their balance prior to final payment and would have to be add by the TA.

As it affects the total due on the cabin as special service gets added to the total. If after final payment, guests can call into reservations line to have items purchased  that cannot be added on the app / cruise personlizer with a credit card   as a third party purchase.

Edited by Coral
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, Coral said:

This was sent to my travel agent from Princess (who does a ton of Princess in sales):

The following items that are available to pre order by the guest either thru the APP or 

Cruise personilizer under Onboard services at this time are the drink packages  (Plus and Premier) ,

Canned soda package and the water package ( pre order only—Pre Cruise Exclusive).

The Coffee only for 15 coffees  a day has been discontinued from 02/19/2023.

Guests can call in with Princess EZ Air, Shore Excursion and special service items ( after final ) that does not include the financials of the bookings.

• Flowers-----base on the ship and if available have to call in or order onboard. ( guest can call if using a credit card as a third party purchase) we can advise if flowers are available on that vessel.
  • Wi-fi Packages------guest can purchase on the app or purchase onboard( in app it is under Medallion net under checklist  and the guest can choose their package—Plat / Elite members get the discount when pay at check out)
  • Most beverage packages ( currently only Princess PPLUS or Premier to be purchased in cruise personlizer—The best packages are the ones on the promotion for PPLUS and Premier- Better savings and comes with crew appreciation and other amenities. 
  • NEW--We have a Zero -Alcohol package that took over the soda and coffee package—this can be purchased onboard or call in .
  • Classic soda package can be purchased onboard or call in
  • Water—can be pre purchased through app or cruise personlizer.

We highly recommend for guests to add the special service packages ala carte items like classic soda packages, flowers, crew appreciation  to be added to their balance prior to final payment and would have to be add by the TA.

As it affects the total due on the cabin as special service gets added to the total. If after final payment, guests can call into reservations line to have items purchased  that cannot be added on the app / cruise personlizer with a credit card   as a third party purchase.

Sounds like a PCL sales rep.  Really pushing these Plus/Premier Beverage packages. 😞 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Ok they've almost convinced me to try Princess Plus to Hawaii as I will have 2 long sea times (6 days between ports). And they've eliminated the coffee pkg. When I price it out its only $27.50 more now. But then it states drinks only up to $15. If I choose to have 1, how much is a regular glass of rose or a mimosa? 

And no. I don't do fitness classes here / those extra desserts are too processed sugar laden for me / do I get the medallion mailed (not a biggee)?

Who’s they?  Your TA?  They’ve almost hooked you  🎣 

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

Who’s they?  Your TA?  They’ve almost hooked you  🎣 

Marketing ... waiting to see what Brad can trade his mini-bar for on Saturday. Then to see if I can buy pre-cruise or onboard with OBC

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Marketing ... waiting to see what Brad can trade his mini-bar for on Saturday. Then to see if I can buy pre-cruise or onboard with OBC

I’m anxious to know too!  What ship?

Seems like inconsistency, even between ships.  They didn’t tell my TA today that it was discontinued, his sales rep. 

Eventually, this should come from headquarters to the ships to implement.

Will be waiting…🧭⏱️⏲️🕰️

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I’m anxious to know too!  What ship?

Seems like inconsistency, even between ships.  They didn’t tell my TA today that it was discontinued, his sales rep. 

Eventually, this should come from headquarters to the ships to implement.

Will be waiting…🧭⏱️⏲️🕰️

They didn't tell my CVP yesterday that i couldn't trade for it on my next 3 voyages (Royal & Emerald). But the coffee pkg is now 52 a day as Princess added a lot of sugar drinks. 

5 minutes ago, Ombud said:

They didn't tell my CVP yesterday that i couldn't trade for it on my next 3 voyages (Royal & Emerald). But the coffee pkg is now 52 a day as Princess added a lot of sugar drinks. 

$52 a day?  Is that the zero alcohol package?  I thought it was $47.19 total per person per day?  So confused.

That’s insane.  We don’t do the sugar drinks.

Edited by PacnGoNow

Unless I'm reading this wrong, and I don't think  am, the Elite mini bar swap is gone. I'm angry.

New Grounds Coffee Package

Terms & Conditions

What is Included

• The package includes the pre-purchase of a specified number of specialty coffees (numbers vary by itinerary) during the voyage of purchase, as well as complimentary brewed coffee and hot chocolate.
  • Guests may redeem the number of specialty coffees purchased in the package in locations where espresso is available. This will include select bar and dining areas and varies by ship and/or itinerary.
  • Selections and service are limited to that venue’s menu offerings and operating hours.

Package Details and Qualifications

• The package may be pre-purchased up to 4 days prior to boarding the vessel.
  • The package is NOT available for pre-purchase within 3 days of sailing.
  • The coffee package is valid only on the voyage for which it is purchased. If the maximum number of coffees pre-purchased are not used during the voyage, the remaining value will NOT be credited or refunded and is NOT transferable for any purpose.
  • Coffee packages cannot be sold or otherwise transferred to any individual. Pre-purchased specialty coffees may be shared, but complimentary brewed coffee, teas and hot chocolate continue to be limited to the purchaser.

Exclusions and Limitations

• Does NOT apply to bottled or ready to drink items such as canned coffee items etc.
  • CANNOT be redeemed when ordering Room Service or for Mini Bar items.

Terms and Conditions

• Princess Cruises may modify, amend or update these terms and conditions of our beverage packages / offers at any time with or without notice to guests. The terms and conditions as published on princess.com on the date of sailing will apply, in addition to the terms and conditions of the passage contract.
  • Not all exclusions or limitations can be foreseen or published here and may exist or be implemented with or without notice.
  • Pricing is subject to change without notice, and for vessels designated in a foreign currency (Australia as an example), packages purchased in advance may vary from onboard pricing due to timing and currency fluctuations. Guests will NOT incur additional charges, nor be issued any credits or refunds for such currency variances.
  • By purchasing a coffee package, you agree to these and all future terms and conditions.

@Sea Hag, see post #111. It appears the old New Grounds Coffee Pkg is discontinued?

The wording you highlighted was always there, I believe it was referencing you could not call room service to get a specialty coffee using the old coffee ‘cards’, as now with medallion, you could order to your room and if you had the coffee pkg, there would be no charge, before 2/19/2023. I think the highlighted part regarding swapping for mini bar items was in case there were ‘canned’ or bottled coffee items in your mini bar.

But according to post #111, the coffee pkg with 15 speciality coffees is discontinued, so I would assume swapping out your mini bar for the coffee pkg is gone too, since the package does not exist anymore.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

$52 a day?  Is that the zero alcohol package?  I thought it was $47.19 total per person per day?  So confused.

That’s insane.  We don’t do the sugar drinks.

Oops. 39.99 a day. For 2 lattes & 1 tea. 

I can't find a price for the 

28 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Sea Hag references 

And nowhere is it mentioned that if add it to your cruise fare, you will PAY insurance and tax on the package.  

Neither does it say if you purchase it onboard, that you will be able to pay the same as pre-cruise.  

Time to make Princess all inclusive and spread the profits amongst EVERYONE (including those that don't drink {sarcasm} ).  Then maybe, just maybe, the package will cost LESS.  

Only dreaming.  Please don't pop my bubble.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Oops. 39.99 a day. For 2 lattes & 1 tea. 

I can't find a price for the 

Sea Hag references 

It's below the packages. Go to the links in the home page footer. Click beverage packages. Scroll down and find coffee package. There's a link to details or learn more or similar. Click that to launch a pop up. That's where this came from.

Edited by Sea Hag

43 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Unless I'm reading this wrong, and I don't think  am, the Elite mini bar swap is gone. I'm angry.

Terms & Conditions

What is Included

• The package includes the pre-purchase of a specified number of specialty coffees (numbers vary by itinerary) during the voyage of purchase, as well as complimentary brewed coffee and hot chocolate.
  • Guests may redeem the number of specialty coffees purchased in the package in locations where espresso is available. This will include select bar and dining areas and varies by ship and/or itinerary.
  • Selections and service are limited to that venue’s menu offerings and operating hours.

Package Details and Qualifications

• The package may be pre-purchased up to 4 days prior to boarding the vessel.
  • The package is NOT available for pre-purchase within 3 days of sailing.
  • The coffee package is valid only on the voyage for which it is purchased. If the maximum number of coffees pre-purchased are not used during the voyage, the remaining value will NOT be credited or refunded and is NOT transferable for any purpose.
  • Coffee packages cannot be sold or otherwise transferred to any individual. Pre-purchased specialty coffees may be shared, but complimentary brewed coffee, teas and hot chocolate continue to be limited to the purchaser.

Exclusions and Limitations

• Does NOT apply to bottled or ready to drink items such as canned coffee items etc.
  • CANNOT be redeemed when ordering Room Service or for Mini Bar items.

Terms and Conditions

• Princess Cruises may modify, amend or update these terms and conditions of our beverage packages / offers at any time with or without notice to guests. The terms and conditions as published on princess.com on the date of sailing will apply, in addition to the terms and conditions of the passage contract.
  • Not all exclusions or limitations can be foreseen or published here and may exist or be implemented with or without notice.
  • Pricing is subject to change without notice, and for vessels designated in a foreign currency (Australia as an example), packages purchased in advance may vary from onboard pricing due to timing and currency fluctuations. Guests will NOT incur additional charges, nor be issued any credits or refunds for such currency variances.
  • By purchasing a coffee package, you agree to these and all future terms and conditions.

That simply says that you could not use the coffee package to get minibar items.

it had nothing to do with thr swap.

However it is all obsolete since the 15 coffee card program no longer exists according to reports.