Just learned my cruise is a Soca cruise

OrangeCatRamblers

1 hour ago, styles27 said:

Either the group is very bold or NCL is full of bologna. 

Or it can be that NCL is not allowed to to share information about this due to privacy. They are lots of privacy protection laws and regulations. 

Most likely NCL does know something 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OrangeCatRamblers said:

We are talking ourselves into, and out of, every imaginable option. We had planned a lot in ny prior to the Sunday sailing - 2 Broadway shows! 

Oh wow. I think I would go if you’ve already bought the tickets for the show. 

50 minutes ago, shof515 said:

Or it can be that NCL is not allowed to to share information about this due to privacy. They are lots of privacy protection laws and regulations. 

Most likely NCL does know something 

I agree, they have to know.  Just like our Bliss cruise they will not even tell us the name of the group, but they know.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OrangeCatRamblers said:

As an update here, NCL is not aware of what Fetetopia has planned. Their website still claims they are having infinity pool parties and music on board.

Screenshot_20230302-114511.png

Well as NCL isn't aware because it sounds like a TA deal not set up by the group itself wonder how they plan to take over venues? Don't booked groups need NCL to set up venues like they do for our roll calls?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

Well as NCL isn't aware because it sounds like a TA deal not set up by the group itself wonder how they plan to take over venues? Don't booked groups need NCL to set up venues like they do for our roll calls?

I personally don't mind if they host musical acts in the theatre, or have their own private meet and greet in a conference room. I am concerned about their plans for events on the pool deck and infinity pools, because this is a very 21+ experience, and there will be so many kids and teens on board that week (aside from the loud, constant dance music promised). 

I'm also so surprised that the Prima is marketed as being refined, upscale, relaxing and is hosting a massive dance party for a week. It's definitely not the atmosphere I thought I'd be enjoying when I booked. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, OrangeCatRamblers said:

I personally don't mind if they host musical acts in the theatre, or have their own private meet and greet in a conference room. I am concerned about their plans for events on the pool deck and infinity pools, because this is a very 21+ experience, and there will be so many kids and teens on board that week (aside from the loud, constant dance music promised). 

I'm also so surprised that the Prima is marketed as being refined, upscale, relaxing and is hosting a massive dance party for a week. It's definitely not the atmosphere I thought I'd be enjoying when I booked. 

I don’t think there will be many kids with Easter not butting up to that week, our NJ school system isn’t off that week, NYC schools aren’t off.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, OrangeCatRamblers said:

Not exactly family friendly, makes me glad we stuck with the Pearl. Sorry though for families with young children, especially if it gets wild around the pool area.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, styles27 said:

So the group is planning it without NCL’s knowledge?  Wow

Either the group is very bold or NCL is full of bologna. 

Who is going to stop a crowd of that size (based on youtube videos) doing exactly whatever they want? I very much doubt NCL security will be able to handle them from taking over what ever they want to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, disneylover89 said:

Who is going to stop a crowd of that size (based on youtube videos) doing exactly whatever they want? I very much doubt NCL security will be able to handle them from taking over what ever they want to.

I guess it depends on how many are in their group.
It wouldn’t be easy to just take over the music on the pool deck or in a lounge when NCL already provides entertainment in those places. 

The YC is sold out maybe that’s where they all are. Keep them in that area and they won’t impact the rest of the ship. 

2 hours ago, Monica887 said:

Am I the only one who selfishly wants OP to go strictly so we can get a full report after??

My husband wants to just go and deal with it, he's content to get noise cancelling headphones and zone out with some podcasts. 

My main concern is my teen needing to roam through 21+ parties to get anywhere. I don't want him to feel like he's tethered to us because of a raucous group. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, OrangeCatRamblers said:

My main concern is my teen needing to roam through 21+ parties to get anywhere. I don't want him to feel like he's tethered to us because of a raucous group. 

I’m a retired teacher who spent her working life with jr high and high school students.  I’d be more afraid of him using up all your internet minutes to send pictures to his friends back home… 😉

In all seriousness, I get it.  And have been to/near festivals of that variety in the past, it could go either way.  You could just have a lot of energetic dancing and loud music, with more skin showing than he’s used to seeing but generally just people having a good time and loving life.  Or it could be a raucous drunken party with a lot of lewd behaviour.  And if the organizers aren’t forthcoming with concrete info about their plans, and if NCL isn’t providing any assistance, that would make me worry about it being the latter.

Have you involved your teen in the discussion?  Maybe watch some YouTube videos as a family and talk about best and worst case scenarios to help decide a plan?

• Like 3

Two questions/thoughts - 

Any chance they have "chartered" the Vibe section for the duration of the cruise? That might fit with having private events, with limited access, on the pool deck, etc, without taking over other parts of the ship. Since they don't pre-sell those passes (right?), no one would know prior that it won't be available.

I doubt NCL will divulge any information about a limited group/semi-charter being on a sailing, as they know that some passengers might cancel for that reason, and their goal is to have you get on board.

6 minutes ago, Ozmodiar said:

Two questions/thoughts - 

Any chance they have "chartered" the Vibe section for the duration of the cruise? That might fit with having private events, with limited access, on the pool deck, etc, without taking over other parts of the ship. Since they don't pre-sell those passes (right?), no one would know prior that it won't be available.

I doubt NCL will divulge any information about a limited group/semi-charter being on a sailing, as they know that some passengers might cancel for that reason, and their goal is to have you get on board.

I have Vibe passes and I certainly hope that's not their party space!!! I'm hoping to use it as my escape zone!!! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ozmodiar said:

Nevermind then! I don't really pay attention to Vibe but thought the passes weren't available until after boarding, my mistake.

Pre-pandemic they were only available after boarding, so only recently they have been available pre-cruise. Course now instead of literally running on board to snag a pass, you got to book them quickly online!

• Thanks 1