All Inclusive Resort Day Pass - Roatan??

hnokes

Does anyone know of a good/great all-inclusive resort day pass for Roatan?  If so, please let us know.  We are looking for a beach break, but we like to enjoy a swim-up bar and like to have the option to go to the beach as well.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!🤩

Edited by hnokes

• hnokes changed the title to All Inclusive Resort Day Pass - Roatan??
3 hours ago, hnokes said:

Does anyone know of a good/great all-inclusive resort day pass for Roatan?  If so, please let us know.  We are looking for a beach break, but we like to enjoy a swim-up bar and like to have the option to go to the beach as well.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!🤩

Try looking at turquoise beach there are several options not sure if they have swim up bar but seen good reviews 

Edited by Spurschick

3 hours ago, hnokes said:

Thanks!🤩

Howdy @hnokes from a fellow Texan!

Your thread has been moved to the Ports of Call - Caribbean - Roatan forum where it will be on topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have been to Roatan frequent this forum and provide feedback here. Browse through the thread titles on this forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you.

suggest you use the Follow feature on this thread or any other thread where you are interested in the new replies. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are new replies because they will come looking for you as notifications! If you need more info on how to do it, please click the following: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info)

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat 

Or look at Infinity Bay Spa.  They have a pool but don't recall a swim up bar.

Upachaya on the North shore has a swim up bar but it's a small place and I don't believe they have day passes.

There's a relatively new place on West Bay, Grand Roatan Resort, that purports to have a swim up bar at an infinity pool. Not All Inclusive and have no idea if they allow day guests.

• 1 month later...

I don't think Grand Roatan offers day passes. 

Infinity and Mayan Princess on West Bay Beach have the biggest pools for possible swim up bars. Paradise has a pool as well but I can't remember the size. 

Caribe Tesoro has a swim up bar but there is no beach and I don't know if they offer day passes. 

• 2 weeks later...

Infinity Bay Resort is amazing.  We have been many times and actually spent a week there.  Never had AI but we will next trip.  This is only half of the pool.  Gigantic.  Great food, drinks, and facilities here.image.thumb.jpeg.db9b5be5da66aa15408d9e966f1c2ed4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.035a538d5c05f1ef61d80a7d6f570c6f.jpeg

Edited by BrotherCraig
  • Like 2

On 4/25/2023 at 10:23 AM, BrotherCraig said:

Infinity Bay Resort is amazing.  We have been many times and actually spent a week there.  Never had AI but we will next trip.  This is only half of the pool.  Gigantic.  Great food, drinks, and facilities here.image.thumb.jpeg.db9b5be5da66aa15408d9e966f1c2ed4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.035a538d5c05f1ef61d80a7d6f570c6f.jpeg

Hi Brother Craig, was this a ship excursion with Royal Caribbean?    Thank you!!!   

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

BROTHER, how far of a taxi ride from the cruise terminal?

30+ minutes depending on traffic and road conditions from Coxen Hole, longer from Mahogany Bay. 

Check Google maps or Mapquest for routes and distance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, c-leg5 said:

30+ minutes depending on traffic and road conditions from Coxen Hole, longer from Mahogany Bay. 

Check Google maps or Mapquest for routes and distance.

Thanks very much!!  We will be on Allure of the Seas.  Not sure were they dock.  Would you say it is worth the trip and worth 80.00 per person for the all inclusive day pass?

55 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Thanks very much!!  We will be on Allure of the Seas.  Not sure were they dock.  Would you say it is worth the trip and worth 80.00 per person for the all inclusive day pass?

Allure will dock at Coxen Hole. 

I have never been to Infinity as I find West Bay rather busy. West Bay has a good reputation if snorkeling is your prime goal and Infinity has remained popular over the years and has a nice looking pool. I may be mistaken but I seem to recall people thought the PAYG option was better value but you would have to do more checking of old reviews to verify that.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Worth going for sure.  We always pay as we go.  Use to be around $20 to get in.  Was never crowded so that was a big deal for us.  The pool is gigantic.  Bar and restaurant service is great.  So is the food.  On the best part of that beach.  Pictures - 1/2 of the pool  Taken from the little bridge that goes over it.; Beach front ; picture from Grand Roatan Resort showing the resorts and beach area ; my MIL enjoying it ; the monkey la la drink.  Each bar on the island does it a bit different.  I tried many.

18768610_1828530990800566_3760259112915175030_o.jpg

18836070_1831362830517382_7161321575056765848_n.jpg

vista-desde-arrecife_2_orig.jpg

18836610_1828551480798517_7893782873085402770_o.jpg

35527360_2042467656073564_2955744141750829056_n.jpg

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

Worth going for sure.  We always pay as we go.  Use to be around $20 to get in.  Was never crowded so that was a big deal for us.  The pool is gigantic.  Bar and restaurant service is great.  So is the food.  On the best part of that beach.  Pictures - 1/2 of the pool  Taken from the little bridge that goes over it.; Beach front ; picture from Grand Roatan Resort showing the resorts and beach area ; my MIL enjoying it ; the monkey la la drink.  Each bar on the island does it a bit different.  I tried many.

18768610_1828530990800566_3760259112915175030_o.jpg

18836070_1831362830517382_7161321575056765848_n.jpg

vista-desde-arrecife_2_orig.jpg

18836610_1828551480798517_7893782873085402770_o.jpg

35527360_2042467656073564_2955744141750829056_n.jpg

Thanks so much. Any tips on getting there?

80.00 too much you think for all inclusive correct?  Pictures are awesome!!

15 hours ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Thanks so much. Any tips on getting there?

80.00 too much you think for all inclusive correct?  Pictures are awesome!!

We use Rony Tours or Bodden for a private tour driver for the day.  Usually around $25-$30 a person.  Then we pay in the lobby for a day pass. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

We use Rony Tours or Bodden for a private tour driver for the day.  Usually around $25-$30 a person.  Then we pay in the lobby for a day pass. 

Doesn’t Infinity do a day pass with PAYG or AI? is the AI really AI, I thought  had read it was limited food menu and PAYG was better?

I think you can also book transport direct with them as well.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Doesn’t Infinity do a day pass with PAYG or AI? is the AI really AI, I thought  had read it was limited food menu and PAYG was better?

I think you can also book transport direct with them as well.

They didn't have the AI when we have went so we only have done pay as you go.  I much prefer that anyways.  Figure 4 hours beach time there for us -- AI isn't worth it.  I imagine the AI is limited menu which is a negative.  

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

@BrotherCraig A fellow Houstonian thanks you for this informative post.  I am considering doing exactly what you suggested-- Do the Boden driver and then pay the $30 resort pass fee for use of the resort and snorkeling from the beach. 

• Like 1

I'm reading this thread with interest.  Cruising in November on NCL.  They have a day pass excursion to Sol y Mar but wanted to look at other all-inclusive alternatives.  More interested in decent food and bar than anything else.  No zip lining, parasailing, SCUBA, etc. for me 🙂  Any recommendations?

• 5 months later...

Our second time to Roatan and second time to Infinity. Did everything on our own, booked reservation on line as previously mentioned. Price has gone up ($45/person) since last trip bout 7 yrs ago. Walked out to taxi area... ignoring all tourist hawks, and found a taxi for the day of $50 for both of us. Construction was slight damper/ lil longer walk around construction to get to beach. Once there it was almost non existent. (no noise at All). Pool area is beautiful and since we are 'sea' people only looked! 2 recliners at water front w umbrellas,  service was excellent, our server was there whenever we needed, drinks on  recliners, went up to table for wings and other appys, which were very good... water is crystal clear... lil too clear for my wife when after seeing bunch of lil fish swim by... 1 foot fish scurries by, good thing she didn't see that. peddlers are an annoyance as one goes by and other is waiting to sell. But they know the meaning of no.. it rain'd about an hour before we planned on leaving. Food drink bill was $45, walked out front to where our driver was waiting. trip is around 25 minutes. Enjoyable Day cut short by a non passing shower.

• Like 1